Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Squad addition: "non-lethal sparring" + traini

<< < (5/5)

Lightman:
Looks good, Earthquake Damage. I think the game definitely needs training (wooden) staffs or some kind of weapon that won't kill your dwarves. I've had one guard suffocate from sparring (wrestling wound, presumably) and a couple more wounded. Plus, healing is so primitive.I've a legendary craftsdwarf ("very tough") who has a yellow lower leg wound. It's apparently never going to heal. He got out of bed and made an artifact, but now he's back in bed. The dwarves don't put him in his own bed (which I rather dislike) and I guess there's no hope of saving him. It just doesn't make much sense, considering he can walk. Where is the doctor profession when I need it? ;p

Sowelu:
quote:Originally posted by Alfador:
<STRONG>True, but the other dwarf will have the armor and shield skill to stop it.</STRONG>Not if you keep drafting newbies.  And since I like to have a standing force of 25% or more of my population as soon as I can support it, that means newbies with every immigrant wave.

Lyrax:
quote:Originally posted by nunix:
<STRONG>..a simple weapon made of one wood + one cloth, made in craftsdwarf workshop, does 10% damage. Training axe, training spear, et cetera. </STRONG>Yes on training weapons, but no on 10% damage.  50% is as low as I'd want to go with the base weapon.No matter how you pad a weapon, if it handles like the real thing, then it can hurt someone.  Badly.  Not as badly as the real thing would, no not nearly.  But still.

Slappy Moose:
quote:Originally posted by Lyrax:
<STRONG>Yes on training weapons, but no on 10% damage.  50% is as low as I'd want to go with the base weapon.No matter how you pad a weapon, if it handles like the real thing, then it can hurt someone.  Badly.  Not as badly as the real thing would, no not nearly.  But still.</STRONG>That's true, but this is meant to be a training weapon. When you spar, you probably aren't going to actually be fighting with the weapons, just "pretending"  and coming close to hitting, so 10% would be better, I say.

Jamini:
quote:Originally posted by Sowelu:
<STRONG>Not if you keep drafting newbies.  And since I like to have a standing force of 25% or more of my population as soon as I can support it, that means newbies with every immigrant wave.</STRONG>That's exactly why I just implemented a multiple-barraks system. Where each of my three (will be six once I reach a population of 200+) watchtowers has within it a barracks, a food stockpile, and a drink stockpile. Every tier of recruits get's locked into the tower and totally seperated from the rest of the fortress untill they are able to handle themselves decently enough to spar with the champions. One of the towers has archery targets where the brin damaged are allowed to skill up marksmanship.In the half a year since the implementation of this system, my yellow+ injuries per season has gone down from an average of two to zero. Of course, this was only implemented after I lost a legendary bowyer turned wrestler to an elite. (I nearly cried when I saw what happened. -.- poor Kogan. At least his bedroom was suitable for my naitivly Legendary Stonecrafter.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version