Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Santa Dynasty  (Read 956 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
The Santa Dynasty
« on: September 05, 2009, 10:29:11 am »

That's a working title - I can't think of a really good one.

Anyway, this story is something my dad and I cooked up years ago and expanded over the summer.  At long last I have decided to write an actual story (length as of yet undetermined) using our ideas.  I'm posting it bit-by-bit, as I write it, in my comic blog.  Everyone is invited to read it and send feedback.  I'm trying to get as many readers as I can, and hopefully when I finally get my webcomic going again, people might actually read it, and maybe someday I could make a few extra bucks selling t-shirts or something.

In any case, I'm enjoying writing it so far.  I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll just say that it has to do with Santa, and is a bit of an... alternative explanation of the current (American, anyway) Santa mythology.  It is not a nice story.  You have been warned.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 03:21:43 am by Sappho »

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: The Santa Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 04:28:34 pm »

I read what's up and enjoyed it.  I may be setting up a livejournal account later so I can subscribe, looking forward to more of the story.
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 01:44:11 am »

Great, thanks!

Here's a snippet from the first posting, in case anyone needs a taste before heading over to my blog:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 06:02:59 am »

I know I didn't get much response to this the first time I mentioned it, so I'm giving it a bump.  I'm now into the third chapter and resuming a regular update schedule after a very stressful (real-life speaking) hiatus.  I could really use as much feedback as I can get, so please have a look.  If you choose not to read it, I'd really appreciate it if you'd let me know what about it doesn't interest you so I can improve.

Thanks!

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 07:45:03 am »

Sorry about that, I've been reading them as you post them, but I haven't really been leaving much feedback...  I really am enjoying it, but I'm a horrible critic when it comes to writing, and this kind of thing (along with Threetoe's most recent story) is my current favorite genre/style, so I'm likely to be a little biased at the moment.  From what I can tell the spelling and grammar is perfect, but I should really be the last person you get spelling/grammar advise from...
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 09:34:17 am »

I like it.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.