Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Rebellion!

(1/1)

Misterstone:
Hello,Just a simple idea:  killing nobles causes the parent civilization of your fortress to siege (they consider your dwarves to be a bunch of bolsheviky rebels who need to be put down).  Assuming you hold your own against a few sieges, they may decide to leave you alone, and will stop sending caravans, more nobles, etc.Sorry if this has been suggested, I did search for "mutiny", "rebellion", "revolution" etc.I think this would be kind of fun... right now people kill the nobles with impunity.  I think that it should be an option, but that there should be stronger consequences.As for what happens when nobles die from multiple "accidents"?  Well, let's just say that letting this kind of thing happen too often makes it difficult for the parent civ to tell whether or not you are rebels, in which case they have to err on the side of caution.  Better incentive to protect those nobles!  :)

Mechanoid:
More civilization interactions are always a good idea.
[However, there should come a time when the parent civ officially declares you to be a completely seperate entity. (preferably when the economy starts) so that if you can suffer the nobles' whims long enough, eventually the parent civ wont care wether or not you kill "their" nobles... But they wont send any more, either.][ June 04, 2007: Message edited by: Mechanoid ]

Gibby:
I like the idea but it but I'd hate to see it implemented before Nobles are made useful. You almost have to kill them now, a lot of them cause more trouble than they're worth.[ June 04, 2007: Message edited by: Gibby ]

Keilden:
Nobles are annoying. Guess why they got sent to some backwater fort.

Core Xii:
quote:Originally posted by Keilden:
<STRONG>Guess why they got sent to some backwater fort.</STRONG>Touché  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version