Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Your favorite god.  (Read 39984 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your favorite god.
« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2009, 10:38:25 pm »

Magma and buxit would be a must, so you could pump magma to the tower and spray it on invaders.
Nom nom nom

Halceon

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:vile machinations]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 06, 2009, 06:06:23 pm »

Magma would be conatined in a funnel, and released by way of lever. There, of course, will be orpiment floors reading "Crazy Ivan" next to the lever.
I'm looking for your fort, maybe. Find out - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=124606.0
ág sôd onol nekik
edir thol, kor egar
    berdan kälán
    alod kodor
absam abal aroth limul

Iapetus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 19, 2009, 07:12:39 pm »

An appropriately-named but otherwise not particularly interesting human god from my latest world:

Konli Scribedpaper was a deity that occurs in the myths of the Empire of Cakes.  Konli was most often depicted as a male human and was associated with scholarship, writing and minerals.

From the same civilization:
Onmo Nimmazin ("Onmo Groveglens") ... was associated with death, murder and trees.

An unusually pleasent sounding deity:
Bortu ("Bortu") was most often depicted as a femal human and was associated with rebirth, creation, dance and music.

Another odd combination of portfolios:
Conibo Thaluvera, "Conibo Tuftclam" was a deity that occurs in the myths of the Fly of Floors.  Conibo was most often depicted as a male druchii and was associated with agriculture and murder.

This world seems to have an overabundance of sissy deities.  Here's another:
Munest Zozdasel Bisolnosim, "Munest Ponderheavens the Peaceful Kindness" was a deity that occurs in the myths of the Iron of Telling ... and was associated with peace.

Ah, this is more like it:
Orrun Uthirimik Siz Cudist, "Orrun Searedchucks the Grease of Scalding" was a deity that occurs in the myths of The Stirred Realm ... and was associated with nightmares and dreams.

"Oh my god! I'm being burned alive in boiling grease!  Oh, wait, it was just a horrible dream."

Oh my:
Imere Eliya Ila, "Imere the Sky of Stars" was a deity that occurs in the myths of the Spider of Zeal.  Imere was most often depicted as a female firefly and was associated with the sky.

Now this is a cool name:
Moni Oronigilafi Vulomoni, "Moni Omenrumors the Mysterious Immortal" was a diety that occurs in the myths of the Spider of Zeal. Moni ... was associated with fate.

Beksur Mebascusith Adil Pethit, "Beksur Mirthfulembraced the Fragrances of Lace" was a deity that occurs in the myths of the Tressed Passionatte Confederacy.  Beksur was most often depicted as a female human and was associated with beauty.

This is probably the god you pray to to ensure you can construct enough coffins in time to cope with unexpected Fun:
Sodel Etestbaros, "Sodel the Dutiful Funeral" was a diety that occurs in the myths of the Pointy Letter.  Sodel was most often depicted as a skeletal dwarf and was assocaited with death, war and fortresses.

This is just odd:
Yamoru Afedo Mera, "Yamoru the King of Law" was a deity that occured in the myths of The Incidental Nations.  Yamoru was most often depicted as a male giant bat and was associated with disciplin, nature and the sun.

(Because when you think of the sun you think of giant bats  ::))

This god has too many names:
Stibmer Telingurvad Adiltun Mishos, "Stibmer Coastseal the Walled Doors of Beaching" ... was associated with boundaries.

This one is probably worshiped by pirates and the like:
Esrel Taronerar, "Esrel Yelledleads" ... was associated with oceans, salt, victory, war and valor.

Another cool name and appropraiate association:
Defiyi Eliraneyi, "Defiyi the Whirling Actions" was a deity that occurs in the myths of The Alchemical Midnight.  Defiyi was most often depicted as a male druchii and was associated with thunder and storms.

Ah, here's a much more appropriate bat god:
Sanene Eniracethutha Iquilacuthabe, "Sanene Heartmines the Umbral Depths" was a deity that occurs in the myths of The Ruthlessness of Aches.  Sanene was most often depicted as a femal bat and was associated with caverns.

Ebir ostraemoth Aladasmir Ngekil, "Ebir Balancedequal the Matched Evenness of Symmetries" was a deity that occurs in the myths of The Gilded Unions.  Ebir was most often depicted as a femal human and was associated with balance. 

(With a name like that, she couldn't really be associated with anything else!)

Another cool name:
Itvid Acoomba Rosha, "Itvid the Coastal River of Snakes".  (Merely a god of trees and rain though).
Engraved on the floor is a well-designed image of a kobold and a carp.  The kobold is making a plaintive gesture.  The carp is laughing.

Elvang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 19, 2009, 10:37:04 pm »

Most of my dwarves in my latest fort worship this god...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Practicalities of Fire Imp Defense
Tileset fonts for dfterm/telnet
Win 0.34.11 SDL with 7 binary patched bugfixes
Quote from: They Dig
I have come here to drink booze and breach HFS... and I'm all out of booze.

GreenMarine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2009, 04:23:43 am »

Omba was a deity that occurs in the myths of The Kingdom of Clams. Omba was most often depicted as a male mussel and was associated with fish.

"Your brother made an artifact when he was ten! What have you done with your life?!"

Halceon

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:vile machinations]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 20, 2009, 06:35:35 am »

[..]druchii[..]

I see your DE WH mod and raise you a WH Skaven mod.
I'm looking for your fort, maybe. Find out - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=124606.0
ág sôd onol nekik
edir thol, kor egar
    berdan kälán
    alod kodor
absam abal aroth limul

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2009, 06:43:23 am »

Most of my dwarves in my latest fort worship this god...
Just missing alcohol.

Aww...she didn't live up to her full potential and instead of being an epic goddess, she ended up being a scragly ren-fair wench...

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 20, 2009, 06:46:39 am »

A dwarf of mine worships "Sarvesh Irongranite".
He is a deity that takes the form of a male snakeman and is associated with caverns, earth, volcanoes, and mountains.

NINJA'D

FAKEEDIT: Also, "Torish the Father of Mastery." A deity of rulership and takes the form of a female dwarf.

REALEDIT: Nages, the deity of nature, weather, the night, and the moon. Takes the form of a male... ant...

Thocit the Conquerer of Ransacking, a deity of valor, war, and fortresses who takes the form of a female dwarf.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 06:48:55 am by Jack_Bread »

Sevrun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 20, 2009, 06:55:55 am »

Mine's a toss-up between teh Gods of Gaming

and the Gods of Heavy Metal ;)
Demon of Darkness

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 20, 2009, 08:21:44 am »

I don't have a screen, but one of my gods' title is "The Sea of Oceans". What? ???
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2010, 03:57:46 pm »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2010, 04:12:37 pm »

Obviously she is the god of Adventure mode.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Rotten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2010, 04:18:39 pm »

Kebul Goldwhirled the Esteemed Sparkles
God of storms, thunder and lightning.

So sparkly! Golden sparkles! Ya- ZZZT

True, but at a certain velocity the resulting explosion expels invader-bits at fatal speeds. You don't want to be dropping trogdolyte-shaped shrapnel bombs into your boneworks.
Only in Dwarf Fortress...

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2010, 07:29:01 pm »

My screen is small, so at first all I read was 'ass valor and chaos' lol.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Echo7

• Bay Watcher
  • Reading you loud and clear, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2010, 08:38:06 pm »

I've got the Grim Reaper:

Too bad he's a human deity. :(
Always shoot first.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16