Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Religion Mafia #2---DAY 3, Need One Replacement!  (Read 20900 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Religion Mafia #2---DAY 1
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2009, 01:07:20 pm »

I'm going to preemptively answer the question: I'd convert known town power roles that pop up. Troll or a claiming administrator that saves somebody. I might also go after somebody who claims armchair theologian, although that role isn't as powerful as some of the others.

Now then, umm... can we get a list of players? It'll help in the long run. Vote Frelock, since I saw your post first. If you were an armchair theologian, what would you do tonight?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2009, 01:29:53 pm »

My believed list of players:

ToonyMan
Pandarsenic
Dakarian
Mr.Person
Kashyyk
Little
Diakron
Frelock
Cheeetar
Leafsnail

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2009, 01:53:16 pm »

Right, so that sounds like there is a Merc, if one of the religions has Prosperity Theology.

So, first things first:

Leefsnail, if you were an E-evangelist, who would you convert and why?
Since I have no idea of any town roles, I'd have to say "I don't know".  On the other hand, it would seem that we have a merc (probably).

Little, if you were the... oh never mind, just say something.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2009, 02:21:00 pm »

I suppose that will have to do. My suggestion is to read the list of roles soon though.  ;)

unvote

Pandarsenic, you next. Who would you want to kill if you could command the Merc?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 03:45:15 pm »

Now then, umm... can we get a list of players? It'll help in the long run. Vote Frelock, since I saw your post first. If you were an armchair theologian, what would you do tonight?

Funny you should ask; I am the armchair theologian.  First off, it's not so much about what I would do tonight, as what I would do today.  Claiming is the big thing.  I understand that Servant Corps was doomed because he claimed the theologian, but I feel somewhat safer this game, given that there are no zealots.  I'll take a chance that the religious members would want to convert me rather than kill me with the merc.  In fact, those that have control over the merc, the Nation of Aria, already seem to know the value of information.  If you feel its worth having one investigation per night, imagine what you could do with three!  If they decide to attack me, however, I hope that the FBI agent, if there is one, will protect such an obvious target as myself.

Tonight, I'd pick the two most suspicious targets, and go with whatever religion converts me.  I'd like to note that my continued survival does not interfere with anyone's victory conditions, at least until I'm converted.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 04:36:11 pm »

Funny you should ask; I am the armchair theologian.  First off, it's not so much about what I would do tonight, as what I would do today.  Claiming is the big thing.  I understand that Servant Corps was doomed because he claimed the theologian, but I feel somewhat safer this game, given that there are no zealots.  I'll take a chance that the religious members would want to convert me rather than kill me with the merc.  In fact, those that have control over the merc, the Nation of Aria, already seem to know the value of information.  If you feel its worth having one investigation per night, imagine what you could do with three!  If they decide to attack me, however, I hope that the FBI agent, if there is one, will protect such an obvious target as myself.

Tonight, I'd pick the two most suspicious targets, and go with whatever religion converts me.  I'd like to note that my continued survival does not interfere with anyone's victory conditions, at least until I'm converted.

Hey, just like last game!  *shifts eyes around quickly*

I vote Dakarian for long posts of defensibility.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 05:30:46 pm »

Cheeetar, same question that Kashyyk asked Leafsnail but he beat me to it :P
It depends. If there were no known town roles, I would convert the players I know are best at mafia. If there are town roles, and if they were known publicly, it would depend on if my religion was scholarly or not.

If we were scholarly, I would convert them, as I would succeed at converting them. If we weren't scholarly, I would convert someone else as I wouldn't succeed at converting them.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2009, 06:59:55 pm »

Frelock claimed awfully fast, but I guess he explained why he did so.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2009, 07:04:38 pm »

unvote Your answer is as good of one as i have ever gotten :)

Toony i am tired of you lynching me every game. Why do you do it?
Back to Mafia with me!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2009, 07:13:46 pm »

So then, I'm going to unvote. Pandarsenic, come on down. What do you think is gonna happen between ToonyMan and Diakron?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2009, 08:40:00 pm »

unvote Your answer is as good of one as i have ever gotten :)

Toony i am tired of you lynching me every game. Why do you do it?

Stop acting scummy.  :-D

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2009, 08:53:03 pm »

Am i doing better this game? i read up on the mafia wiki about how to play and everything but i still get accused of being scum :(

unvote
Back to Mafia with me!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2009, 09:00:09 pm »

Am i doing better this game? i read up on the mafia wiki about how to play and everything but i still get accused of being scum :(

unvote

Yeah, it's OK.  I don't think you're scum right now.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2009, 09:07:55 pm »

ToonyMan - posted

Pandarsenic - yet to post

Dakarian - Yet to post

Mr.Person - posted

Kashyyk - posted

Little - posted

Diakron - posting

Frelock - posted - Claims to be Armchair Theologian

Cheeetar - posted

Leafsnail - posted
Back to Mafia with me!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2009, 09:13:07 pm »

So.. Dakarian you posted im RTD why did you not post in this mafia?
Back to Mafia with me!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14