Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Religion Mafia #2---DAY 3, Need One Replacement!  (Read 20930 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Religion Mafia #2---DAY 1
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2009, 09:16:15 pm »

I love the dueling nature of the 2 religions. On the first religion, they have a backup e-evangelist and a prophet, so the other religion will have a hard time stopping the conversions. On the other one, they have a televangelist and a psuedo-intellectual, so they should be able to find the other religion and force the merc into killing them. Sadly, I think this is going to wind up with lots of us townsfolk getting found as converts and killed by the merc.

Anyways, I'm still waiting for Pandarsenic to show up.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2009, 09:48:11 pm »

I suppose that will have to do. My suggestion is to read the list of roles soon though.  ;)

unvote

Pandarsenic, you next. Who would you want to kill if you could command the Merc?

Oh man, brainmeats itchy. I just slept 14.5 hours.

I would send 'em for Frelock because, like last game, I don't trust a day 1 claim of Theologian.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2009, 09:51:40 pm »

I love the dueling nature of the 2 religions. On the first religion, they have a backup e-evangelist and a prophet, so the other religion will have a hard time stopping the conversions. On the other one, they have a televangelist and a psuedo-intellectual, so they should be able to find the other religion and force the merc into killing them. Sadly, I think this is going to wind up with lots of us townsfolk getting found as converts and killed by the merc.

huh... hadn't looked at it like that
Back to Mafia with me!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2009, 09:52:15 pm »

I suppose that will have to do. My suggestion is to read the list of roles soon though.  ;)

unvote

Pandarsenic, you next. Who would you want to kill if you could command the Merc?

I would send 'em for Frelock because, like last game, I don't trust a day 1 claim of Theologian.

WAIT I'M RETARDED THERE ARE NO ZEALOTS

I don't know, then. Maybe Mr.Person or Toony. I probably wouldn't ask for kills unless I knew someone worth killing.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2009, 12:53:57 am »

I didn't post in RTD.  I'm nowhere active enough to play one of those things.

Meanwhile Leafsnail.  You didn't read the power role list?  I find that heavily odd.

As for the game as a whole..well, this will be a very different game from before, that's for sure. 

First off, the threats against the town is much softer.  There's one killing role, being controlled by Aria so that's the biggest threat.  The aim should be on the merc since that'll end the Televan's power.  Kill the Televan first and you get, essentually, a SK that desperately needs kills.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2009, 01:00:18 am »

I didn't post in RTD.  I'm nowhere active enough to play one of those things.

Meanwhile Leafsnail.  You didn't read the power role list?  I find that heavily odd.

As for the game as a whole..well, this will be a very different game from before, that's for sure. 

First off, the threats against the town is much softer.  There's one killing role, being controlled by Aria so that's the biggest threat.  The aim should be on the merc since that'll end the Televan's power.  Kill the Televan first and you get, essentually, a SK that desperately needs kills.

Just to make it even sweeter, desperately needs kills on religious members.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2009, 11:51:55 am »

unvote Pandarsenic. You have a point there.

Mr.Person, if you were a troll who would you block today and why?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2009, 12:32:05 pm »

I would troll Pandarsenic to piss him off.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2009, 12:35:29 pm »

hehe  ;D

I like that, however I don't think it can count as a good reason. Any others?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2009, 02:15:03 pm »

Probably ToonyMan or Diakron, there little tussle at the beginning might of been staged. Of course, everybody says that about everything, and it usually winds up being false, so I probably wouldn't troll anybody until later in the day. Actually, I'd really be on the lookout for the merc, he's the one I would really want to block.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2009, 02:57:51 pm »

fair enough. unvote

Toony if you were the scholarly E-evangelist, who would you convert and why?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2009, 03:01:15 pm »

Unvote.

Dakarian, when I said "I have no idea of power roles" I meant as in "I have no idea who has which power role, and thus wouldn't know who to convert yet".

I suppose our greatest threat, and the one who we'd probably want to take out, would be the Merc, as he'd have the capability to kill people and make them lose.  So I guess we're now merc hunting.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2009, 03:44:52 pm »

unvote sorry i confused you with someone else
Back to Mafia with me!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2009, 01:43:45 am »

unvote

Ok.  I think I have a read on how the rhythm of this game goes.

We have one religion that is focused on conversion.  For them, their goal will be IDing agnostics to pick up and using the day vote to hunt down the other religion.  The other religion will be relying on the merc to make religion kills along with being able to ID people directly in the night.

As for the town, some of us are looking to keep alive while others have a direct target. 

@Kashyaak

Who looks the most religious at the moment?  You seem to be hunting pretty well so far.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2009, 01:51:29 am »

unvote

Is that a vote for Frelock?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14