Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Any way to equip armor as bronze colossus?  (Read 6883 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Any way to equip armor as bronze colossus?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2009, 11:26:16 am »

a big thing made of armour wearing... armour doesnt make much sense ;)
They aren't made of armor.  Imagine the real world colussus, a giant statue of a human made of bronze.  This is why Bronze Colussi drop statues instead of armor.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2009, 12:52:56 pm »

That's a bit like arguing cows aren't made of leather.  (I sure some expert tanner is going to come in and argue semantics over cows and leather.)  Given the new raws, bronze collosi are basically equivalent to really, really thick bronze armor.  Also, I've always imagined the collosi as carved/forged to appear as if they were wearing armor.  The Colossus of Rhodes appears to have been mostly naked, though.  Shame.  I guess I shouldn't take imagery from Age of Mythology.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2009, 01:19:08 pm »

The Colossus of Rhodes appears to have been mostly naked, though.  Shame.
Exactly.  That's what Bronze Colossi are based off of.  Besides, adding a layer of steel over a layer of bronze to protect the vital bronze makes sense to me.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2009, 06:37:58 am »

Wouldn't an adamantine colossus just be an invincible weakling? Considering their weight they should be nothing more than a nuisance to a skilled golfer hammerdwarf.

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2009, 09:04:10 am »

Wouldn't an adamantine colossus just be an invincible weakling? Considering their weight they should be nothing more than a nuisance to a skilled golfer hammerdwarf.

One of the many consequences I want to see from the new raws.  Still, there are other things to consider, like compression.  Even if you do knock the colossus down, your hammer/arm would probably shatter on impact (though I don't think such effects are accounted for, yet).
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2009, 04:23:23 am »

I made a bronze colossus civ once. While I could make armor in colossus fortress, all armor brought by anyone else was labeled as 'small' armor. It was fun though. They pretty much murdered everyone.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2009, 02:50:56 pm »

Are you going to realese the raws for your adventurer mode collosus any time?

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2009, 12:01:49 am »

Here's what I have for you, I actually added a BC civ way back when to my game out of a flight of fancy, creating an entire civ for it based off  of gobbos and orcs and other nasties:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2009, 12:04:09 am »

Here's what I have for you, I actually added a BC civ way back when to my game out of a flight of fancy, creating an entire civ for it based off  of gobbos and orcs and other nasties:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, If you ever happen to use this civ with fortress mode, be prepared to hide everytime they come to your doorstep, cause they're set to be seigers.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2009, 12:06:37 am »

Do they still have Buildingdestroyer?
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2009, 12:10:35 am »

yeah, but the net result is a civ without doors, tables or chairs, which seems actually fitting for a gormless mobile statue that doesn't eat, sleep or breathe.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2009, 11:19:34 am »

Can't get the civ raws to work, bronze colossus doesn't show in adventurer mode start screen. :(

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2009, 02:02:34 pm »

Well not only would they be unable to harm the Adamantine colossus but it would be stronger as well

So it could easily just squeeze the Dwarf to putty.

Though Id expect a Adamantine Collosus to have daggers on its hands or something slashing

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2009, 04:14:03 pm »

Well not only would they be unable to harm the Adamantine colossus but it would be stronger as well

So it could easily just squeeze the Dwarf to putty.

Though Id expect a Adamantine Collosus to have daggers on its hands or something slashing
And big bladed stiletto high heels.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2009, 05:08:13 pm »

Can't get the civ raws to work, bronze colossus doesn't show in adventurer mode start screen. :(
gimme a min to screw with it, I'll make a functioning version with the creature files added
Pages: 1 [2] 3