Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]

Author Topic: My C++ Projects - Tower of Azari v0.31 - "I'm not dead yet."  (Read 50319 times)

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: My C++ Projects - Tower of Azari v0.31 - Update 05/30/10!
« Reply #420 on: May 30, 2010, 10:17:10 am »

Version 0.31 is done.  Extensive documentation is being uploaded via SVN as I type this, but the game itself, along with the source code (both in the download and the SVN) are uploaded.

See first post for the link, and the README file for the list of changes.
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 31, 2010, 08:12:34 pm »

Still doesn't work for me, but I'm going to try it on the other computer in a bit.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 25, 2010, 08:47:20 am »

bump  :P
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: My C++ Projects - Tower of Azari v0.31 - "I'm not dead yet."
« Reply #423 on: June 25, 2010, 09:30:10 am »

:P Thanks for the bump Skaltum.  Truth be told, I took a bit of a break from ToA to work on other things.  That said, I picked it up a couple days ago, and the current SVN commit has enemy equipment and items (which can be used to control the enemy's drops, within fair limits, in addition to giving them equipment), and it's completely solid, although I may change the way it works in the RAWs a bit.  It also has the updated code for items/equipment included in the class.  This information isn't displayed with the class info yet though.  The item data isn't actually loaded until after character creation, so all it has is a list of item names to look for.  As such, anything that doesn't have a description in the items file won't show up on the character after the game starts.

Item names should, for this reason and several others, be unique.  To help with that I've made a slight change to how they work.  The item names work find as they are, but if you want two items that appear to have the same name in game, you can use the '|' symbol, and some text afterwards, to distinguish them.  I.E. Two items named "Potion|Minor" and "Potion|Major" would both appear as simply "Potion" in the game, but could have different effects, and be referenced separately in RAW files.

I have a few more additions I want to make before I make another release though, pertaining to map stuff, then I need to update the RAW editing readme.  As far as the map stuff, I don't know that there will be any visual change yet, but it'll be storing data, prior to placing enemies and such, that will track how far off the main path (between the two staircases) each room is.  I.E. The rooms you have to go through to get from one stairway to the other will be 0, a room that's connect to one of those rooms, but isn't necessary is 1, connected to that would be 2, and so on.  Eventually this'll be used for things like locked doors/keys, boss monsters, treasure, things like that.

I'm leaving for a week at the beach later today, and will be back a week from tomorrow (or possibly the day after).  That being said, I'll have internet on occasion, so I may still make a new release while I'm there.  I'm bringing my laptop, since there's always some down time at the beach (I.E. high-tide), so I should be able to get the map thing wrapped up pretty quick, maybe add a few more things if ideas strike me, and let you guys mess with it again.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 09:45:15 am by timmeh »
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 27, 2010, 12:58:04 am »

Three months, you know.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #425 on: September 28, 2010, 08:04:13 am »

Welcome to college....

At the moment, I'm stuck preparing for a philosophy mid-term with the toughest professor on campus as a freaking freshmen... I don't know what the heck I was thinking when I signed up for that class....  On the upside, Computer Science 1 has been ridiculously easy from my experience here; the lab assignments usually take me a grand total of 5 minutes, and it's in Java, I don't even like Java :P

Anyways, I've not stopped programming, but I've been working mostly on school projects.  The assignments aren't hard, but one of the higher-up professors is hand-picking a few freshmen to work on a project he's got going to develop a simple(ish) game on the Microsoft Surface they have in the lab.  I get to help, but I am in way over my head :P  I also have a fair amount of work on a sort of rogue-like engine in C#, although it's far from playable.  I have some pretty epic GUI stuff set up (using LibTCod for the actual output, since Sharplike seems to have died... :( ) for things like message boxes, lists, etc, working on replacing ToA's splash screen thing with LibTCod's sub-pixel graphics, combined with a text layer if needed.  Also have a state engine written up that allows a stack of states, so I can, for example, add a menu state, and the state machine will pause the game state, add the menu state, do whatever it need to do, return/store whatever information it needs, maybe even feed some directly into the game state, then remove the menu state and un-pause the game.  Can do that with a fairly large stack too, limited only by memory, at least in theory.

Unfortunately, I have to run to class now, I have no car, and it takes me about 10 minutes to walk to class... mid-terms coming up to.  Oh well, freshmen have it fairly easy :P

[EDIT]: See new topic here.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 08:39:07 am by timmeh »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]