Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The new Tron Film  (Read 2198 times)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
The new Tron Film
« on: September 07, 2009, 03:24:17 pm »

Did you know that the new sequal to the awesome old film tron is being made? And guess who wrote the score to it?

Daft Punk...

I... am in... a state of ecstasy right now. I honestly cannot wait for this film.

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 03:25:52 pm »

-
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 04:56:31 pm by Stany »

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
Re: The new Tron Film
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 04:08:29 pm »

I`ve seen some teasers long time ago but did not believe it until last trailers. They look really really good. Just hope script will be at least as entertaining as the first one.

Daft Punk, eh? Great news!
It is so much easier to measure life in experience points...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 06:18:23 pm »

Wasn't this announced a year ago?  Or even years ago?  When was that teaser trailer with old, bearded Jeff Bridges released?  Hell, I remember when that completely forgettable "Tron 2.0" game was released it was supposed to be the trailer to a new Tron movie.  There have been tentative announcements and trailers promising a Tron sequel almost since the original finished it's release.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 06:28:53 pm »

I've never watched Tron.

No! Don't kill meeeeee!

Just tell me what it's about.

Eidalac

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecchi Inside
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 06:38:55 pm »

A game programmer is trying to get proof he designed the games that made the Evil Corp. (tm) rich.  However, the company is dominated by the Evilier Master Control Program, which uses a newly built ... THING, to zap the hero into the computer system.

Inside, the various programs are in the form of people, forced to play (and die) in gladiatorial type arcade games.

Our hero (well, YMMV, since the programmer isn't the titular Tron), escapes and makes his way across the Grid, with the help of a few programs from his RL friends (including Tron, an anti-MCP program), to a showdown with the Big Bad MCP itself.
is he okay?
In the traditional sense of the word?  No, he's been dissolved in magma.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 06:39:54 pm »

Sounds fun.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 09:12:43 pm »

Yeah, it also started the whole 'neon fad' with movies. the first to incorporate it.

This annoucement was acctually cause i was reading up on it a few days back and noticed DP were writing the musics. All good times :D

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 09:59:27 pm »

The trailer in question for those that haven't seen it. Pencilled in for a December 17, 2010 release.

And yes, I fell in love with it all again myself when I found out that Daft Punk were doing the soundtrack. Although, from the trailer, I'm a bit iffy on the whole "crosscountry jumping Lightcycles" thing.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 10:07:57 pm by Dasleah »
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 11:30:56 pm »

Unfortunately for me when I watched Tron I was pretty old... So it didn't seem all that great to me.

I barely understand its appeal. I mean after Chicken the movie just slowly went downhill.

Though oddly while your all speaking about how cool this new tron is, I can't help but to think "What the heck happened!?!". I am guessing the World was sucked into a Vortex after the first Tron.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 11:49:28 pm by Neonivek »

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 12:47:13 am »

Wasn't this announced a year ago?  Or even years ago?  When was that teaser trailer with old, bearded Jeff Bridges released?  Hell, I remember when that completely forgettable "Tron 2.0" game was released it was supposed to be the trailer to a new Tron movie.  There have been tentative announcements and trailers promising a Tron sequel almost since the original finished it's release.

Yes, the teaser is "old".

Ahh - Tron 2.0. That game is actually pretty good. It looks nice, plays well and has lot of original ideas. Yes, plot is not that great but is not that bad also. I have finished it twice. I can only recommend it.
It is so much easier to measure life in experience points...

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 01:51:41 am »

It was made with the lithtech engine wasn't it?
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Davion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 09:13:23 am »

I barely understand its appeal.

The movie itself wasn't that great, but from a technological standpoint it was groundbreaking because it was pretty much one of the first movies to use computer animation extensively. They developed the animated scenes like the light cycle race on the Foonly F-1, which at the time was considered a supercomputer and had an amazing 10Mhz, so you can imagine the time it took to render a couple of seconds of footage on that fossil.

Sexy.

I can only imagine the pain and nerd tears that were shed rendering all that footage, considering this was before the times of Maya and 3D Studio Max and all those other programs that hide all the math that goes into 3D computer graphics behind a pretty GUI.

Other than that though it was a pretty boring movie and I am pretty sure most people just watch it to see the two or three cool scenes.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2009, 04:44:59 pm »

Well now it also carries appeal as a period piece- you get to say 'People actually thought that was cool back then??'
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 07:41:22 am »

That goodness Davion, I thought I was somehow missing out.

As for Sensei there are SOME period peices that still hold up and some that hold up because they are period peices.

One thing I miss that I love to hear is Grandios language. One person who did some internet cartoons did it through his weak understanding of the English language, which was awsome!

Quote: "My bullets of fire and steel are nothing!"

Though to admit I only kinda see Grandios language as comedy. It is one of the reasons I love the "Half-life: Full Life Concequences" series (Youtube version) so much.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 12:12:15 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: [1] 2