Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some minor bugs. At least, I think.  (Read 1948 times)

UncleSporky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Some minor bugs. At least, I think.
« on: August 20, 2006, 07:40:00 pm »

I am still running version 100, so some of these may be fixed.

- At one point, I was setting up a farm next to the river and ordered a floodgate next to it.  However, just as it was being put in a stupid fisherman decided that that exact square would be a good place to fish.  The floodgate was installed, perhaps surrounding him, as he immediately began spamming "could not find path" messages.  I thought to build a lever and pop it open, but then I realized that would probably kill him in the flood and all.

- The game would always crash as I placed my first farm plot of the year (b->p->"Windows must close this program"), which was actually fortunate since I always save as spring arrives.  When I re-loaded it'd always place the plot just fine.  It didn't do this last year, so fingers crossed.

- Sometimes I get messages about my legendary miner (who does nothing but mine) becoming more experinced.  Ordinarily I would assume this is because is helping out with the harvest, except they seem to come while he's mining.  Is this supposed to happen?  Possible?  Anyone else have this sort of thing happen?

Garthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Some minor bugs. At least, I think.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 07:44:00 pm »

To get your fisherdwarf out, open and quickly close the floodgate.  If you're lucky, he'll swim into the farm room, and won't drown before you can close the gate.  If not, he'll drown in the channel.

As for the more experienced messages, those mean one of their attributes (strength, agility, toughness) has increased.  It has nothing to do with skills.

UncleSporky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 07:56:00 pm »

Yeah, like I said I thought about trying to rescue him but I had saved recently anyway.  In any case, you can only open a floodgate with a lever...right?

And thanks for the clarification on the "more experienced" thing.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 04:37:00 am »

I've heard of the farm plot crash before, but I can never seem to get it to happen.  So little happens when p is pressed it's hard to come up with much, but I'll keep it noted.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

UncleSporky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 06:07:00 am »

If it happens again, is there anything I can do to log it for you?  No errors are generated in DF, but I might be able to get more info from the Windows error box.  Any way to run a debug mode or use a hex editor to see what the last thing was it was doing?