Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Kingmaker Mafia - Game Over - All hail PLOTTER SCUM Free Beer!  (Read 24249 times)

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kingmaker Mafia
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 02:36:04 pm »

Can I get in on this?

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2009, 07:25:39 am »

Could I join?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2009, 12:11:13 pm »

Remember... there's no votes here but ONE king who decides who gets lynched... If you're a simple peasant... You need to try and remain active all the same...
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2009, 12:16:35 pm »

This variant really will put pressure on everyone-their mind-skills will be put to the max. Mafia kings will need to pick carefully-if the peasants are certain on a mafiosi, and the Mafia King votes someone else, he's become prime target.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2009, 12:21:21 pm »

This game is perfect for wifom...

What we can't afford here is lurkers.  Lurkers must die before we get near lylo...

And I'd suggest the mod to make the setup based on a testsetup from #mafia in irc.globalgamers.net

using the following command:
/msg Xylbot !xmafia testsetup kingmaker <number of players>
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2009, 12:27:48 pm »

...Come Again?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2009, 01:54:55 pm »

Hmm, just need one more player.  I'll have a go with the role bot, thanks.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2009, 02:17:40 pm »

Can I assume that we'll be doing lynches with swords, seeing as Kingmaker kind of sets a medieval theme?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2009, 02:26:22 pm »

I'LL TAKE THE LAST SPOT!!!

Oh no, am I too late?!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2009, 02:32:38 pm »

Unless there's some kind of invisible post that only Leafsnail can read, you're OK.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2009, 02:35:19 pm »

Ok, that's all the players.  I will start on the role pms now, and I'll try to send them as instantaneously as possible (not through CCs, of course - through multiple tabs).  The game will start with a night phase, but with no mafia kill.  The doctor could protect someone, if he liked, but since noone is going to be killed anyway...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kingmaker Mafia - Night 0 (no nightkills)
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2009, 03:15:52 pm »

The night is cold.  Out on a dark, windy moor, three mysterious figures are meeting.

"When shall we three meet again?" says the first.  There is a pause.
"I suppose it would make sense to meet again after we've defeated the Courtiers and taken over this kingdom."
"Wait" says the third "We just killed King Leafsnail, didn't we?  He's childless!  Doesn't that mean we've already won?"
"Of course!" says the first.  "For I am his rightful heir, and there is nothing anyone can do about it!  I am, after all, his third cousin eight times removed, his aunt's uncle in law three times removed and his cat's mother's owner's second cousin!"
"Hold on a moment" says the second plotter, "I thought we were trying to make me the king!  After all, I am his estranged niece's boyfriend's third cousin's uncle, his ninth cousin and his dog's uncle's owner!"
"Oh..." says the third plotter, looking crestfallen.  "But I thought..."

It turns out that, due to rampant inbreeding, pretty much all members of the Royal Court are equally well placed to become King next.  Of course, you could try electing someone, but it is traditional for an ajudicator from an ancient, trusted family, a "King Maker" if you will, to decide who the King will be.  He can, however, change it every day until it is clear that the power vacuum created by the old King is gone, and crisis is averted.  Of course, the Evil Plotters will not stand for this, and will do their best to take out the innocent Courtiers and take over the Kingdom!

So it looks like you're going to have to find them yourselves, and put a stop to their Evil Schemes.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kingmaker Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2009, 11:06:29 am »

You all come down the stairs, ready for a long and difficult fight to see who will become King, and to try and eliminate the Evil Plotters, but it would appear that webadict is missing!  Oh no, where could he be?

Ah, wait, there he is.  He's walking down the stairs, slowly, humming an off key regal tune.  On his head rests a battered crown, and it would appear that he is King for today.  "It's time to find our plotters" he says "And, by the way, this crown was posted through my letterbox last night." There was a pause.  "I have a big letterbox."

Player List:
1. Kashyyk
2. Org
3. Mr.Person
4. major_sephiroth
5. Diakron
6. Pandarsenic
7. Little
8. Alexhans
9. webadict - King!
10. Free Beer
11. ExKirby
12. ToonyMan

There are 3 Evil Plotters.  The deadline for the end of the day is roughly 48 hours away.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Kingmaker Mafia - Day 1 - All Hail King Webadict!
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2009, 11:08:54 am »

okay, my suggestion is that we lynch lurkers. What do you guys think?

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kingmaker Mafia - Day 1 - All Hail King Webadict!
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2009, 11:09:45 am »

Let's go down the list, then. J'accuse... Kashyyk!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17