Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Leadership skill  (Read 703 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Leadership skill
« on: October 01, 2009, 10:32:43 pm »

How do you raise the leadership skill? I can't get it past 1.0 on my founder, or at all on anyone else.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Leadership skill
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 10:40:28 pm »

From the wiki:

*You get about 1/20 of a level of Leadership every person you recruit through talking about the issues. It's given when they actually join, so you can't scam this by talking to lots of people then sending them away.

*If your immediate subordinates go above 20 juice, you get half of all future juice gains from them, but it goes to Leadership instead of juice. This is the main way to get it.

Note that Leadership is capped harshly by your juice. You can't even finish getting your first level of it until you have 50 juice. But even one level is quite powerful.

Basically, I'm guessing you need to get your people some juice.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 05:45:13 am »

thanks, now I can finally get more than 9 members(I hope).
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 05:47:18 am »

Kidnap.  Date.  Datenap.  There's more than one way to fry conservative fish.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 07:07:29 am »

The best way I found to raise leadership is to recruit five hippies and repeatedly persuade the jury at the courthouse. If you do this alot you can raise them to elite liberal rank and maximise your leadership skill.

You can get rid of them easily afterward by telling them to steal cars, they will usually fail and get shot by the police. You lose juice if they get arrested or die.