Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: The Journal of Sir Woge and his (kind of) lands: Snakesfreckles  (Read 26396 times)

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
Re: The Journal of Sir Woge and his (kind of) lands: Snakesfreckles
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2009, 10:37:09 am »

Too bad.  :P

Oh, and I had an idea about an underground bunker for the keep.

Extra space, and somewhere safe to go if the goblins somehow breach the walls.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2009, 11:39:50 am »

Share it:-)
I was planning on putting in a few layers of underground (storage, dungeons, etc.) that could also act as a "Humans Stay Inside" order evacuation point. Cuz right now it is hella hard to get everyone inside the walls... I pretty much have to go and forbid everything outside and cancel all  designations, even the ones in the walls cuz peeps will run outside to get the materials!

If you go to the DFMA link in the contents you can see a pretty recent map to base a design off of.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2009, 11:28:40 am »

Share it:-)
I was planning on putting in a few layers of underground (storage, dungeons, etc.) that could also act as a "Humans Stay Inside" order evacuation point. Cuz right now it is hella hard to get everyone inside the walls... I pretty much have to go and forbid everything outside and cancel all  designations, even the ones in the walls cuz peeps will run outside to get the materials!

If you go to the DFMA link in the contents you can see a pretty recent map to base a design off of.

Actually, can I have a room in the keep?
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.

Servu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2009, 12:30:39 pm »

How about a secret exit tunnel below the keep that leads to the lake? (Naturally the lake can be drained from there.

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2009, 09:19:17 am »

status update. Game not dead, just slow.

I got busy with work and some travel and then found a new book series.
I'll hopefully get an update in the next couple of days, and then keep them pretty frequent from there, again.

Spartan: I already have a room planned for you in the keep:-)
Servu: I was thinking of doing something like that.... I want to put some storage and a small dungeon under the keep; there could be a hidden way out from there... Draining the lake is harder than it looks though... I somehow accidentally channeled around my floodgates that stop the flow into the lake, so I can't easily cut it off. I suppose I could dam the water a bit farther up then drain it and then install new floodgates, but I have never done that before (dam a flow).

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2009, 10:19:07 am »

Instead of draining the lake, create an underwater dome-city.

Mine out a big cavern, with a tunnel in the center. Build a massive watertight building above the tunnel, and then FLOOD THE CAVERN AHAHAHAHA!

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2009, 01:26:12 am »

Is this still going? 'cause this is really good and i dont want it to stop!

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2009, 10:49:57 am »

I actually have update notes sitting idle... I just never got around to writing the next update.
I'd like to continue it, its great fun, but its always hard to get back into a game like this after a long absence.

I'll see about trying to write up the most recent update soon... then maybe I'll get the irking to play it more. But playtime would be competing with my CK LP.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2009, 05:02:43 pm »

Okay, thats cool. You don't have to do everything.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]