Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Something" keeps stealing an Artifact Spear  (Read 878 times)

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
"Something" keeps stealing an Artifact Spear
« on: September 14, 2009, 12:05:09 am »

Normally... All my Artifacts are kept in a nice special room wiht lots of guards.. A while ago however a Spear-dwarf picked up an Artifact Spear and used it... Nothing wrong with that... However, it seems he has dropped it, or something, IN his inventor it says plainly "NO" spear, and I know this because I receive a message saying :Izoblozrak: the Electrum Spear has been Stolen!

And I go.. .WTF???

So I saved scumed the game and am trying to find it... Ive tried posting gaurds in places, but unless I FIND the spear, I wont be able to stop it being stolen... suggestions?
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: "Something" keeps stealing an Artifact Spear
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 12:07:03 am »

A kobold is trying to make away with the spear.

If you zoom into it from the stocks menu, you might possibly be able to find where the kobold is and where it's heading.

Possibly. It might be too late for the spear, unless you systematically save scum and patrol across each portion of the edge of the map.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 12:09:05 am »

ive already tried finding it in stocks, going to weapons are useless, it doesn't show specific weapons.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 12:12:57 am »

It should. Hit 'tab' to change modes, from how many of each material there are, to a list of every individual item. You should be able to highlight over Electrum spear [1] and hit tab, and 'z'oom directly to the artifact spear.

If your stocks are accurate enough. If they're not... good luck.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 12:15:11 am »

yeah when i scroll over "Weapons" and hit Tab nothing happens.

The Navigator

• Bay Watcher
  • [LURKER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 12:55:27 am »

That happens when you haven't told your bookeeper to be more accurate. Unfortunately, if the spear is already in transit its too late to find it that way. You may have to use Jim's method, or just draft everyone and have them scour the entire map for the thief.

As to how it got stolen in the first place, some weapons, especially spears often get stuck in corpses. If you have artifacts or other valuable weaponry being used make sure to account for them after each battle. Stocks screen is a good way to do this (provided youve updated the records).