Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: The Quantum Mafia - Night 2: Replacement needed  (Read 14342 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: The Quantum Mafia - 1 spot left!
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2009, 09:58:41 pm »

Which, of course, you could give your possible scum buddies. Which means that everyone could eventually know who team 2 is. Unfortunately, my parents are about to literally drag me off. I might just screw the quicktopics: 8 links is hard to do.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: The Quantum Mafia - Postponed up to a day due to a stupid mistake
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2009, 10:10:52 pm »

If you screwed it up, why not start again?

Also, this looks incredibly brain-explodering. I shall watch with glee.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2009, 10:11:29 pm »

Yeah, just don't set it in stone at all who the possible scum teams are, they should be random.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2009, 06:30:20 am »

Yeah, just don't set it in stone at all who the possible scum teams are, they should be random.
I think I shall do that. You now have 7 possible scum teams each, and the chance of each role. Just make sure you include me in PMs.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2009, 06:31:43 am »

I think I shall do that. You now have 7 possible scum teams each, and the chance of each role. Just make sure you include me in PMs.

Makes more sense that the teams would also be in a state of uncertainty; everything else is.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: The Quantum Mafia - Day 1 begins
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2009, 06:37:19 am »

As you wake up in the morning, you feel strange, as if you had been sleepwalking the night before. You feel a presence of evil, and don't know who or what exactly you are. THe 8 of you all feel this way, and decide to find certainty. The only way, you conclude, is to kill those ou suspect of evildoing. It is morning now, and at day's end you will do the deed.

Day end Wednesday, ~10 PM Eastern
Vote day extension if you want, but I'll need any phase that is on Friday to go on for the weekend, as I'm going on vacation.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2009, 12:16:18 pm »

Although we should lynch, I can't bring myself to do it. After all, everybody has an equal chance of being scum, and the person we lynch will probably flip up town. Thus, I vote no lynch. Besides, aren't we at 8p? You are supposed to NL at evens.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2009, 12:40:41 pm »

In that case, the game will never end.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2009, 12:59:04 pm »

I... when do we get our PMs?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2009, 01:01:55 pm »

We don't--everyone is on a potential scum team with everyone else.  We also have something like 11 night actions to PM per night.  This sounds like a very bad idea and also like this game will not work.

Also, if we don't kill someone, it is impossible for this game to finish.

Sorry, Mr. Person, but I am in a very bad mood.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2009, 01:03:05 pm »

No no no, tomorrow we can go ahead and lynch. I just want to get a round of night actions in, to help things along.

Besides, we ARE at 8p, right?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2009, 01:03:34 pm »

I don't *totally* get it but I'll vote Toony, I guess.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2009, 01:08:54 pm »

No no no, tomorrow we can go ahead and lynch. I just want to get a round of night actions in, to help things along.

Besides, we ARE at 8p, right?

Yes, we're at 8p.

The problem is that none of the night actions will actually happen until someone dies.

Also, by the way, there's no point in having a cop for this game.  The cop-actions will only resolve once he has flipped, so no one will get any information out of it.

To further demonstrate the brokenness of everything:

1. Scum can NK their partner in the past and lose themselves the game
2. It is impossible to logically determine who is scum and who is not, because the flipping of one person as scum does not make it so that some other person is town.  What we're essentially playing is Town vs. Town.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2009, 01:18:11 pm »

Actually, the scum can't kill their partner. That's one way to trim the tree of possibilities. Basically, I want to get a bunch of night actions in so that when we lynch somebody, we actually learn something from it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2009, 01:20:21 pm »

Ah, so this is set up so that the NK hits a townie no matter what?  I see... you're right, then, it might be worth it to just wait the day out and let the night actions happen.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10