Destination based
- 4 (80%)
Other (specify)
- 0 (0%)
Don't know/don't care
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31

Author Topic: Rebirth RTD Chapter 2- turn 3: Ready to go  (Read 51453 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - A team adventure ( slots full)
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2009, 05:00:05 am »

sorry for the turn being late, was playing another game. anyway, get actions flowing, i have enough time for another turn today.

edit : owww... i wanted to edit, not doublepost. :P

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2009, 05:54:32 am »

Open one of the doors in the corridor and search the revealed room for useful equipment.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2009, 07:42:28 am »

>RUN TOWARS THE EXIT AGAIN!!!! and keep running

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2009, 07:48:16 am »

I try to figure out what the machinery is meant to do.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2009, 04:37:53 am »

I will follow Digital Hellhound and see if there is any useful equiptment.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2009, 10:52:52 am »

I grab a second Torch and turn it on, before following Hellhound and Flintus10

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2009, 11:06:24 am »

ah, your action forces me to rewrite their... writing actions as they come is a bad habit. still, lets you see things in a different way...

hehehe

did i say that we already got our first overshot?

only diakron left now

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2009, 11:09:34 am »

ah, your action forces me to rewrite their... writing actions as they come is a bad habit. still, lets you see things in a different way...

hehehe

did i say that we already got our first overshot?

only diakron left now

I read this post and thought ; oh shit, an overshot killed everyone except Diakron.
Also, why is everybody following me? My room! MINE!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2009, 11:15:32 am »

I have a bad feeling about this...

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2009, 12:57:10 pm »

turned out different than i thought, but you are a good plot device.

also, in the net turn there will be a couple of new things i am going to try in this RTD (about bruises and bleeding)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2009, 01:23:17 pm »

You mean someone is injured already?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2009, 01:28:33 pm »

maybe  ::)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2009, 03:18:01 am »

I think we waited enough, so i put Diakron on AI. i hope he comes back soon, but if he doesn't then I will give is character to somebody else or somehow kill him.
hope that doesn't happen though.
I had a problem with 3 turns in which the same things happen, since the 3 people were together . Maybe that is one of the reasons that made Sean switch to narrative turns.. but since i believe in the right of players to find their action and read just that, i won't go full narrative. i will, however, use partial narrative turns in which i merge several actions in one text. I also plan to use full narrative during plot-important turns, if you ever get them.
now, TURN

Quote from: RAM
I try to figure out what the machinery is meant to do.
|trying to understand what was the purpose of the machines you went out from, you start examining all the pieces, moving all the mobile parts, but while using this unwise technique |you feel a big sparkle of static electricity ; that thing must be isolated from the ground. You must be thankful to the fact that it had little chance to charge in the probably long time since it was abandoned. Your left hand, however, is numb. -1 to all actions with it for a turn.

Quote from: Digital Hellhound
Open one of the doors in the corridor and search the revealed room for useful equipment. 
|You go out into the corridor discovered by Jetsquirrel and open the first door on the right |. It is a storage room, with several crates left on the ground, probably useful and maybe left there for you. |On a crate, you quickly spot a needle gun RL 152 produced in 1857 P.G. and equipped with somniferous darts… how do you know all that? Just after you, in the room enters Flintus, who opens a crate. You walk behind him, to know what he found, when you suddenly hear somebody behind you shouting; |You turn toward the door but before you can focus on what happened, something heavy hits you in the left shoulder and bounces; |you fall on the ground, landing on your right side, but receive no further damage. Looking at your left upper arm you see that black areas started appearing; it hurts when you try to move but you know that is nothing compared to what it will be if the bruise grows too much. If you don’t move it, however, pain isn’t much, so you stand up again. It will take some time to heal probably. Surely you was more lucky than Flintus, whose face is now a bloody mess due to a broken nose.
Quote from: Diakron
(AI) explore other rooms
|You think about exploring the one of the rooms but after seeing 3 people going in the corridor already and decide not to join the crowd. Beside, after Kashyyk threw all the flashlights on the ground you think that it would be dangerous to run in the room.
|
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
RUN TOWARD THE EXIT AGAIN!!!! and keep running
|You decide to test your physical abilities and run toward the exit door. In a quick sprint you open it, revealing a stair leading to another door, this time quite sturdy and made of steel. You run upstairs and push it, as strongly as you can after running the whole corridor, but after opening a bit, it jams. You can’t move it either way, and the opening isn’t wide enough even for just your arm, much less a whole person.
Quote from: Kashyyk
I grab a second Torch and turn it on, before following Hellhound and Flintus10

| You quickly grab a torch while running toward the corridor|but you do it too brutally and make the few flashlights left fall on the floor. For some seconds, in which Flintus rushes past you it, you stand on the doorstep to check if your flashlight works, and if anyone stumbled on the other; then  you rush toward the first door on the right, following Hellhound and Flintus, thinking to find it open, but it seem Flintus closed it after entering! Being too late to stop, You prepare for the impact.| You can’t know, however, that the door has no lock so when it opens you lose balance and shout for the shock; you are left running and stumbling in the room.| After few steps, you manage to regain balance and stand up but when you turn toward your friends you see both on the ground and clearly angry at you; Flintus has the face covered in blood, probably with a broken nose. Oops.
Quote from: Flintus10
I will follow Digital Hellhound and see if there is any useful equipment
|Avoiding Kashyyk’s flashlight throw you go past him and out in the corridor, then you enter the storage room just after Digital Hellhound and start looking for equipment. In a crate you find | some fuel tanks and you quickly take them! |You hear a loud crack as the door strongly hit the wall, and you Hear Kashyyk “ WOooOo” . Forgetting that you still had a  fuel tank in your hand you quickly turn to see what happens but instead you hit Hellhound in the shoulder and, after losing balance, you hit yourself in the face. |. You got a broken and bleeding nose, the hit was strong enough to make you fall on the ground and you feel dizzy for the shock, but  you think you got no serious damage. You should, however, bandage the bleeding nose.

Background roll :5
Diakron in the vat room decides to examine the vats with the people who weren’t lucky enough to survive : they are thin, 1.5m tall ( translated from local length unit), their skin grey, where it is not rotten, and hair and nails are oddly short; with the notable and lucky exception of the rotten tissue , they are exactly like you, you even share some small details. Relatives maybe?
Meanwhile Jetsquirrell looks in the small opening to see what there is outside, and after the eyes get used to the sunlight, he can see green. The door is covered by plants, like probably most thing out there. You can’t , however, see much, because plants grew right in front of the door. Probably that is why the door jammed.
STATUS
Quote from:  RAM status
Equipment:  Clothes  , flashlight(19/20)
Health: Unharmed   
Abilities: .   
Special Status: Numb hand

Quote from:  Digital Hellhound status
Equipment: Clothes ,flashlight(11/20)
Health: bruised left upper arm(3/6)
Special Status: 
Quote from:  Diakron status
Equipment: Clothes, metal tube, flashlight(19/20) 
Special Status: 
Quote from:  Jetsquirrel status
Equipment: Clothes , flashlight(17/20)
Special Status: 
Quote from:  Kashyyk status
Equipment: Clothes , flashlight (11/20), flashlight (20/20)
Special Status: 
Quote from: Flintus10 status
Equipment: Clothes, flashlight(17/20) 
Health: broken nose ,light bleeding
Special Status: Face covered by blood, Dizzy

LOCATIONS
Spoiler: unknown building (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: unknown outside (click to show/hide)

About the Health things i spoke about, look at the numbers near bleeding and bruise. The number near bruise, is how bad the bruise is. every 6 "points", bruise gets worse. i put no limits on this one, so if you get really unlucky and all your actions damage it more, I'll mercilessly keep increasing it for all the levels you earn, till it kills you. but that is a one to a million chance, so don't worry ;). in fact, often they will heal in few turns, if they are small bruises like the one you have now. each turn , for small bruises that heal on their own, i roll a die. If it is 1,2,3 i add a point of damage. if it is 4,6 i take one point away. If it is 5, not only 1 point less but you get a bonus the next turn. as you see from status, bruises get a bonus on the first roll. but, at first level, they get an increasing penalty each turn ( penalty for bruise is good for you): next turn Hellhound would get a +0, then a +1, +2 and so on. of course, this doesn't apply to bigger bruises. Items can, of course, help, but you don't have much at the moment.

Then, there is bleeding. the number is the blood level. there are 5 blood levels before death.
0:all rolls the same
1: dizzy from blood loss:-1 to mental rolls ( magic is a mental roll)
2: weak from blood loss: -1 to physical rolls
3:very weak from blood loss: -1 to physical rolls -1 to mental rolls
4: unconscious: unconscious
5: bye bye: you are dead.

these penalties stack, so at level 4 you would be unconscious, with -2 to mental and -2 on physical
here the healing roll depend on the wound, not on the blood level, but remember that large wounds not only take more to heal, but also kill faster, so you will have to bandage them quickly. blood packs will not be available on the map, but if you find the right items you should be able to make them. careful on infections when doing that. sterilizing on a fire is fine for me, but if you try to take blood with a dirty syringe, I'll make an infection roll. other things can cause that, but i am not planning to be strict on that... not much fun if ever wound infect and kill you. beside, you probably are very tough against infections.

If you spot errors in the turn, report them to me either by pm or here

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 2: Knock on the door before entering
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2009, 05:37:57 am »

I will follow the noise and try some first-aid on Flintus10.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 2: Knock on the door before entering
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2009, 08:16:51 am »

I'll take the needle gun and go into the next room. Oh, and threaten to shoot Kashyyk if he follows.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31