Destination based
- 4 (80%)
Other (specify)
- 0 (0%)
Don't know/don't care
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31

Author Topic: Rebirth RTD Chapter 2- turn 3: Ready to go  (Read 50477 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 13 and an half: the march of the mabāli
« Reply #195 on: November 02, 2009, 01:44:51 pm »

Thanks you. Feel free to drop an action too, so that whenever i get some free time i can work on the turn.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 02, 2009, 09:54:31 pm »

I don't care for our chances out there in our current state, maybe we could find a way to electrify the walls or produce an unpleasant smell to keep them away...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 02, 2009, 11:06:41 pm »

Try to link my mind with an elephants

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 03, 2009, 08:59:31 am »

i already did

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 03, 2009, 09:27:39 am »

Oh, right . You did.

The difference.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 03, 2009, 02:30:00 pm »

I remember now. Shit.

First: I find the largest piercing weapon possible (A large slug throwing weapon, or a poleaxe for example)
Second: I search for more.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 07, 2009, 05:56:54 pm »

Turn ready, but I'll post tomorrow. Too late to update statuses.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 08, 2009, 05:47:14 pm »

I am sorry, I had no time to write statuses. I had to study for an English literature test that I have tomorrow.
So, here turn without statuses. Not much happened.

Quote from: RAM
Start generator
|Who built this generator? You still can’t find a switch. Whoever thought about such an horrible mess, hopefully lost his job. After a few minutes you decide to take a break, also because Kashyyk entered the room, asking you to help him with your thermal magic. Well, it is not like you have anything better to do so you shape the metal like he asks you. After this little manufacturing you sit on the ground and contemplate the generator.
Quote from: Kashyyk
I find the largest piercing weapon possible
|Storage room time! You go back to it and start looking for mabāli harpoons, in the hope that somebody thought about such an event and prepared supplies for it. But mabāli were a long gone threat when all this was built, so no harpoons here. You can, however, find some steel tubes and you get an idea: isn’t there somebody in the team who could use thermal magic? It could be possible to shape them as a spears. You take one and go to generator room where RAM is complain to the generator about its lack of a switch. Frustrated as he is, he gives up and you ask him to heat the top of the steel tube so that it could be made pointy. Being careful to avoid burnng the fuel still on the floor, and using some of the tools in the room, you create a | rough steel spear. Surely it is not the best, but new ones might be easier, now that you have done it once already. You have to drop the depleted flashlight to wield it. While not too long, it is probably going to be used as a 2 handed weapon.

Quote from: Digital Hellhound
Try to find another exit

|Another exit…. Where could it be? The sieged exit is obviously the only door to the outside in this side of the building: while the place isn’t small, it is not so big that it needs more than what you have already discovered. And while it was probably designed to be durable , it isn’t likely  that it was built for a siege like this. Whatever happened to the people outside, if an enemy arrived to siege the place it would probably have been too late to do anything. Of course there are the old classics, like air tunnels, but if there are mabāli outside, the last place you want to be in is a place so tight that you can’t turn back before being stomped to death. Maybe somewhere is a vehicle access? Maybe …  you spend some time mumbling in the corridor. Didn’t you read somewhere about something that could give you an hint?
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
act like a sciencetist , and hug that monolith again
|Once again, despite the earthquake and the electricity, you must, absolutely MUST know what will happen next. For the first time, something happens in your mind, you can feel an image forming in your mind. It is the monolith, trying to communicate with you!
It takes a while, but finally you can clearly see the message that was sent:Difference. Which path will you choose? Will you be the brave scientist or the alive sane man?
Quote from: Flintus10
Try to link my mind with an elephants
|You go again toward the exit and sit down, dangerously close to the door. You close eyes and try to exit your body, so that your mind can touch mabāli’s. After some meditating, you can feel your mind exiting the physical constraints and feeling more than the senses alone could tell you. You move toward the fierce animals, aiming for their brain, but the way is not easy. You don’t know what you are doing and mabāli’s mind is very difficult to infiltrate. You only manage to crack the outer shell of a near beast, but you get overwhelmed by the rage that goes out of it and you are forced to retreat back to your body. Where is your body? You can’t feel it anymore, you don’t know the path to follow, you are lost! Then suddenly you feel a pain in the body, you can feel that it is being dragged away and you understand where it is. You open your eyes and find Diakron  “ Hey, man, all ok? You seemed dead”.

Quote from: Diakron
explain to the elephants that they don't really won't to hurt me, if that don't work; Cold-cock 'em
| Mabāli are ferocious wild animals, but trying can’t hurt, right? You decide to try to convince them that they don’t really want to harm you or failing that break some more tusks with your big hand. But when you arrive at the top of stairs you see flintus, pale, unconscious on the ground. Worried , you drag him away from the door and slap him until he finally wakes up. If that is what happens when trying to speak with mabāli, then maybe it is better to avoid trying. Or at least try while staying far away.

Background roll :5 AH! That is where the switch was! Behind the wires, under the tube, above the… well, it is hard to explain. But Ram saw the switch and the generator might be turned on again.
Siege roll:4  Mabāli this turn don’t attack the building and leave some free space around the exit. This may or may not be due to Diakron and Flintus, but doesn’t help much anyway. Just lets you live longer

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 09, 2009, 11:55:27 am »

(I re-read the diary, but nothing there about another exit. Oh well.)

Search diary for something about an alternative way out. (Did I read everything in it already?)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ĄNo parmesan!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 09, 2009, 01:02:46 pm »

No, you haven't read everything.
And what I was speaking about was in the text already posted, but you may still need to find a place to find out what it was. And maybe you would still not understand it.
Actually, it depends mostly on my mood and your rolls.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 09, 2009, 08:00:00 pm »

I'll turn the generator on and try to electrify the outer shell of the building.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 08:02:06 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 09, 2009, 08:27:55 pm »

Get away from the Mabali and then try again to link with one.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 10, 2009, 01:14:00 am »

Act like a brave scientist and Hug that freaking monolith again

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 10, 2009, 08:33:12 am »

I wish SO much that you get a 1 on that action...

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 10, 2009, 01:01:33 pm »

Haha!

First: I practice doing Thermal Magic of my own.
Second: I make the Malabi spears myself.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31