Destination based
- 4 (80%)
Other (specify)
- 0 (0%)
Don't know/don't care
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31

Author Topic: Rebirth RTD Chapter 2- turn 3: Ready to go  (Read 51565 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Story update: End of chapter 1, Beginning of chapter 2.
« Reply #420 on: August 01, 2010, 01:17:40 pm »

sure, jetsquirrel. and sorry for the delay.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Story update: End of chapter 1, Beginning of chapter 2.
« Reply #421 on: August 01, 2010, 09:03:53 pm »

Very nice!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD Chapter 2:The planet- turn 1, exploring new grounds
« Reply #422 on: August 20, 2010, 05:19:16 am »

Here is the first turn of chapter 2.
you may notice that rolls for kashyyk, Diakron and Flintus are missing. Because of a mistake I deleted them. I still wrote the actions because they were already planned, but I had already forgotten the rolls.
For those too lazy to read the entry on the garage, the ceiling can open. you can exit through that, without making holes in the garage.
A full inventory of the Vehicle will be posted after I give it some more thought, but should be soonish. Nothing important while you still are in the building however.
Digital, you may have noticed that n your status i changed the effect of the modified needlegun. a change to damage roll didn't really make sense, since the weapon wasn't designed to damage anything. instead, now you have the choice between damage and sleep toxin.
Later this afternoon I will post an early version of the map. I haven't worked on it as much as i should have, but it is enough to play on. unluckily, i still haven't found a good way to draw trees.

I am sorry for making you wait so much. there wasn't any real reason, other than it is hard working on summer. Now i hope to be faster.

also, soon there will be a pool to decide about how i will handle travel.

as usual, report any error you find.

I hope you enjoy the turn :)

Quote from: Digital Hellhound
I will attempt to improve the power of my flashlight and recharge it if possible

|You go to the nearest socket and you plug your flashlight, together with the ones of the other people. As it recharges, you wonder if you could upgrade it in any way. It shouldn’t be hard, you only need to get more power through the light bulb. However, you decide that doing anything while it recharges would not be wise.
You start getting ideas on how to work on the light (bonus on next action of this kind)
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
DETACH the fuel tanks of my body and find a wrench
|It is not easy to work on the tanks you got on your body, the knots are tight * and you can’t even reach some of them. After loosening* all the knots you could reach you decide to go to the garage with the vehicle and find a tool. You grab a wrench and start using it as a level to get the tanks off of you. Unluckily, the tanks detach very quickly and one of them is sent flying toward your feet. |You have no time to move your feet away | but luckily, despite the weight of the tank it didn’t even hurt much. Unluckily, the plug of the tank was broken after the impact with the ground and now the tank is pouring all its contents on the floor

Quote from: No place shall be left intact
Kashyyk: Search our hover car thing for anything useful
Flintus: See if there is anything else of use in this room before heading out to look for the car
Diakron: AI- help Flintus looking for useful items
Flintus starts searching the memory banks room for useful things when he is called by Kashyyk, standing near the door to the garage: “the computers are all the same. Come here and let’s look at the vehicle instead”. Quickly followed by an interested Diakron , he enters the room ,just in time to hear Kashyyk’s warning: “ careful to the gasoline”.
“gasoline? What—“ is all he can say before slipping on the puddle of fuel left on the ground by the broken tank. He falls backward, hitting the floor with the head and breaking a tile. Kashyyk rushes to his help, but Flintus manages to get back up on his own.” It was nothing… I’ll just have an headache for a while. Don’t worry”. “I still wish there was a medic. You hit the head badly”.
Meanwhile Diakron is looking at several plastic panels covering a side of the room; each panel has many metal hooks and on each hook there is a different tool. “Look at this people! There is enough to rebuild the whole car should it get damaged! Too much to take with us, but— if we didn’t need to go now, we could make anything here” Saying this he grabs a extend his arm to grab a wrench but after he lifts it from the hook the supports break, weakened by the time, and the panel falls on Diakron.
“what the---“
CRRRRRAAASH
Kashyyk and Jetsquirrel immediately help him by lifting the panel; there are no visible wounds except a couple of very small bruises. “Luckily there were no sharp tools there or I would be a pincushion by now. But it still hurts.”
“ Hey, there in the other room. We need medical supplies”
After RAM arrives and takes care of the wounded, you begin looking in the car for supplies.
He finds food and water, some mechanical tools for quick repairs, spare parts, many tanks of fuel. It will take some time to make a list of everything, but the vehicle is well supplies. An important thing he sees is a crude map of the continent. While not as good as a GPS, that is all that is available on the planet.

Quote from: RAM
Recharge flashlight, call shotgun.
Also try to practise healing magic if I have time...
|Hearing Kashyyk call, you enter the garage, to find Flintus sitting on the ground holding his head and Diakron lying in a pile of mechanical tools. “ what happened here?” after looking at them quickly, you can see that there is no big wound, so you try to practice with healing magic “ this should be small enough for me to handle”. You mentally explore the injured areas and fix microfractures and small bruises. When you finish, no sign of the injury is left. You are getting better at it. Some more practice and you could call yourself a medic.
Background roll :2 While looking at the broken tile Flintus thinks that the cracks resemble a fractal. Such an interesting fact requires all your attention, causing you to see nothing else
STATUS
Quote from:  RAM status
Equipment:  XClothesX  , flashlight(20/20, off), bandage kit (19/20), pain killer(gel, 16/20)
Health: unharmed
Abilities:thermal magic, semideveloped healing magic (2/3 uses)   
Special Status:
Quote from:  Digital Hellhound status
Equipment: Clothes ,flashlight(20/20 off),modified needlegun ),diary
Abilities: 
Special Status: stone arms
Quote from:  Diakron status
Equipment: Clothes, crowbar, flashlight(20/20 off) 
Abilities: steel hand fighting . Telekinesis    , strong nuclear force manipulation.
Special Status:hulk hand steel covered hand,
Quote from:  Jetsquirrel status
Equipment: Clothes
 Health: Unharmed 
Abilities: none   
Special Status: none

Quote from:  Kashyyk status
Equipment: Clothes , flashlight (20/20 off), flashlight (20/20 off), cup,
Abilities: .
Special Status: Painkillers(10/20)
Quote from: Flintus10 status
Equipment: Clothes, funnel, flashlight(20/20 off),string, Odd device(Fun) 
 Abilities: undeveloped healing magic
Special Status:cheater

NPCs
Golem

Vehicles
Spoiler: Flying vehicle (click to show/hide)

LOCATIONS
Spoiler: unknown building (click to show/hide)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 20, 2010, 05:27:35 am »

Yaaaaay, update!
Learn how to use Thermal magic to power the car.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 20, 2010, 05:35:46 am »

edit: nevermind. posted a comment on ram's action but i am taking it back. hopefully before it is read.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 05:38:35 am by andrea »

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 20, 2010, 06:04:20 am »

Ride shotgun and wait for us to leave.b]

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 20, 2010, 09:42:25 am »

'Upgrade' the flashlight by combining it with the needlegun for more powerful electrical hits, then get on the car

Am I ever going to get any experience from my mad-scientist-ish tinkering skills? Or do I need 6's or something for that?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 09:45:15 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 20, 2010, 12:40:45 pm »

yes, you will get a skill.

by combining the light with the gun do you want it to both make light and shoot, or just make more powerful shoots?

also, i believe you have some stone arms. i doubt you can make much in your current state. Diakron is still on AI, so i'll use him to help you.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 20, 2010, 12:46:36 pm »

meld some metal with my hand to give it sharp edges
Back to Mafia with me!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 20, 2010, 01:02:55 pm »

Speaking of no medic, that gives me an idea:
First: Learn the 'Healing Hands' Power
Second: Search the compound for medical supplies

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 20, 2010, 01:23:39 pm »

More powerful shots but waaaaait I had completely forgotten those stone arms. Change of action;

Make those arms normal again by magic
EDIT again: That can wait, I'll just go on with that with the help of Diakron.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 01:29:32 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 20, 2010, 03:22:10 pm »

the help from diakron was before diakron posted here. i can no more control his actions.
I can control the actions of the golem, but his arms aren't much better.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 21, 2010, 02:07:45 am »

*looks up*

I'm blind now, apparently. Fiiine, get rid of those stone arms it is. Goddamnit.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 21, 2010, 09:36:03 am »

im back!!! from that darn camp Try to find a steering manual for that machine thingy

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 22, 2010, 05:45:20 am »

I am posting the map. unfortunately, as you can easily tell, i have some resizing problems. mainly, the whole whiteness around it.
The old styled text make no sense, but so does an hand drawn map of this kind in a world which probably had google earth, so i am leaving it for style.
criticism is welcome, help with the devilish computer is desperately needed.

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31