Destination based
- 4 (80%)
Other (specify)
- 0 (0%)
Don't know/don't care
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31

Author Topic: Rebirth RTD Chapter 2- turn 3: Ready to go  (Read 51553 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD Chapter 2:The planet- turn 1, exploring new grounds
« Reply #435 on: August 22, 2010, 07:00:33 am »

For the moment we probably want to look into human technology, so heading north towards what looks to be a large city would be a start. But the academy probably has lots of technology, but it is more likely to have been nuked 10 times over rather than simply reduced to rubble...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD Chapter 2:The planet- turn 2
« Reply #436 on: September 10, 2010, 03:12:00 pm »

Good analysis RAM, but I am not telling you if it is correct.
Sorry for delay, but turn is here. I wrote it in several days, so there may be problems. If you find any, please tell me.
In my personal opinion, You are ready to leave.
Also, you may notice that I have been kind with you. Some six and 1 were rolled, but due to good dodge roll and my good will no harm was done, except for a pair of scissors( R.I.P.). Take it as my way to say that I really want to see you get out of the building soon. About the travel, see next post.

Also, kashyyk, I think sean may need your action at multiworld madness.

Quote from: RAM
Learn how to use Thermal magic to power the car.
|You walk to the side of the vehicle where you find the door. You open it and then enter. The ceiling is slightly lower than you but horizontal space between chairs is enough to allow you to walk more or less comfortably. You walk toward the back end of the vehicle where you see a big chair attached to the wall. It is different than the other and in the arms, where hands usually go, it has 2 holes. It seems that the chairs is built into the wall and you think that the 2 holes are connected to the use of magic.
You sit down, put your hands in the holes and try to start using thermal magic to start the engine; just before you start, however, you notice that there is already a flow of energy from you to the engine, and it is rapidly increasing. Just as soon as you start hearing the noise of the engine, you decide to avoid using your thermal magic. The engine increases in power, but the drain on your magic quickly becomes too much to bear. This thing probably wasn’t meant to run on magic alone.
You feel lucky to have noticed the flow of magic quickly. If you, for a mistake, had frozen yourself to the machine and broke any failsafe mechanism that might have been there, the engine would have probably kept draining your energy trying to power an engine until you died. Lucky you indeed. 
Quote from: Digital Hellhound
‘get rid of those stone arms’

|You are now ready to start working on the needle gun, but there is one last obstacle that doesn’t allow you to work: your arms were so hardened by your last healing attempt that you can’t use them in any meaningful way. Even using your whole strength, you can’t move the elbow by an inch. The frustration at this is great, so much that you even try to hit a wall to remove brutally the excess material, but after few hits you have to give up. The idea is good: taking away all the compressed skin that piled up in your arms. Unluckily, your arms are still fully innerved and it would be exceptionally painful to just cut them. Besides, your muscles and tendons probably still need repair. You try to use healing magic again, but you don’t feel comfortable enough with this kind of healing to do more than simple scouting. You see that it could be possible to soften muscles and tendons and the skin around them, then detach the excess stone-skin and pull it off like a pair of gloves. While gross and possibly bloody if you don’t empty the blood vessels, it may be a possible solution.

Quote from: Diakron
meld some metal with my hand to give it sharp edges
|you grab a sheet of metal from the spare parts and start trying to fold it and hammer it with your steel hand. Unluckily, having your hand covered in metal doesn’t make you any stronger and, as you discover soon, an hand shaped piece of metal is not exactly the best suited tool for metal crafting. Besides, starting with reinforced steel alloys maybe wasn’t the brightest idea. Might be worth trying again, but you seriously doubt you could craft anything decent with your hands
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Try to find a steering manual for that machine thingy
|You enter The car after RAM and walk to the front seat, where the commands of the vehicle are. Luckily for you, there is a manual of instructions on the seat. Quite slim for such a big vehicle actually. Hopefully, it will be simple enough to learn to drive it.
You read it quickly. This is what you understood of it:
There are passenger seats and 2 special seats: in the front there is the pilot seat and in the back there is the magic-engine seat. The latter has 2 holes for the hands of the magic source, which have mechanisms to automatically drain the magic energy to power the engine ( Warning: the manual clearly says that the vehicle is not meant to run on magic alone and that trying to do so may cause damage to the vehicle, the engine, the magic user or all of the above). The controls are simple: a lever for speed and a spherical controller to change directions. There is a wide range of information displayed in the screens, such as height, speed, engine temperature and a few other useful things. The other seats can be moved, turned, or removed at will allowing for the vehicle to be a cargo vehicle or a bus.

Quote from: Kashyyk
Learn the 'Healing Hands' Power
|After the recent incident in the garage, You think that somebody should start practicing healing magic seriously. A medic will be useful in your travels. Problem is, there are no wounds around and after seeing  what happens after an excess of healing magic, you’d rather not try it without any damage to fix. But you got a bright idea! You take a pair of scissor, make some cuts, and repair them. Little danger, lots of gains! And you start executing your marvelous plan, when you slip on the fuel puddle and the scissors fly upward, bounce on the ceiling, then come back toward you! Luckily, they landed near you and you got no injury, but they are completely broken. What a low quality tool! Also, your clothes are soaked of fuel.

Quote from: Flintus10
Ride shotgun and wait for us to leave.
|you follow RAM and Jetsquirrel inside the vehicle and take a seat. You are ready to leave now.

Background roll :1. Due to divine inspiration, you all close your eyes and enter the realm of total obliviousness of your surroundings. ( you see nothing).
In a meta-RTD enlightenment however,Kashyyk remembers that he needs to post an action in multiworld madness
STATUS
Quote from:  RAM status
Equipment:  XClothesX  , flashlight(20/20, off), bandage kit (19/20), pain killer(gel, 16/20)
Health: unharmed
Abilities:thermal magic, semi-developed healing magic (2/3 uses)   
Special Status:
Quote from:  Digital Hellhound status
Equipment: Clothes ,flashlight(20/20 off),modified needlegun ),diary
Abilities: 
Special Status: stone arms
Quote from:  Diakron status
Equipment: Clothes, crowbar, flashlight(20/20 off) 
Abilities: steel hand fighting . Telekinesis    , strong nuclear force manipulation.
Special Status:hulk hand steel covered hand,
Quote from:  Jetsquirrel status
Equipment: Clothes , driving manual
 Health: Unharmed 
Abilities: none   
Special Status: Driver

Quote from:  Kashyyk status
Equipment: Clothes , flashlight (20/20 off), flashlight (20/20 off), cup,
Abilities: .
Special Status: Painkillers(3/20) 
Quote from: Flintus10 status
Equipment: Clothes, funnel, flashlight(20/20 off),string, Odd device(Fun) 
 Abilities: undeveloped healing magic
Special Status:cheater

NPCs
Golem

Vehicles
Spoiler: Flying vehicle (click to show/hide)

LOCATIONS
Spoiler: unknown building (click to show/hide)

I wrote the vehicle's inventory.
If you were wondering, the people who prepared the vehicle expected you to get injured.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 02:37:18 pm by andrea »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 10, 2010, 03:24:20 pm »

Even if the post isn't entirely finished yet, head over to the flying car and attempt to fix arms with disgusting method, no matter if the car gets all bloody
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 10, 2010, 04:26:13 pm »

is it fine for you if I swap the actions, making you fix your arms THEN enter the car, or did you palce them in that order for a specific reason?

Anyway, travel discussion time.

there are 2 ways to do it

Turn based Obvious one, game goes on as usual. Each turn you all get an action, and I roll a die to decide how far you go, and another die for random encounters.
Pros: game is continuous , without switching between 2 modes; you get more actions done;you have better control and can change destination mid-travel.
Cons:even if all goes well travel times will be very long; if we want to be realistic, you will NEVER get anyway: 6 people in an RTD WILL make normal travel impossible. Just look at Multiworld madness: the current trip is the most dangerous arc played yet and they keep destroying the vehicles.

Destination basedYou choose where to go, then I calculate the fuel used, roll dice for random encounters. If a random encounters happen and requires attention, trip stops halfway. Travel cost will be 1 fuel unit to travel 1 cm on the hand drawn map I have at home. For example, to travel to golem capital city you need 4 units of fuel, 2 tanks.
Pros: You actually have a chance to arrive; faster; I have more chance to make special random encounters, locations which you may avoid in a turn based environment.
Cons: creates 2 modes, and all the action is in one: game would be focused on locations while travel would be relatively quiet; you can get less stuff done between a place and another ( but you can still decide to rest somewhere safe)

Personally, I prefere the second, because I want the story to go on and I had bad experiences in other games. But being the GM, I won't vote.
I'll make a poll.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD Chapter 2:The planet- turn 2: R.I.P. Scissors
« Reply #439 on: September 10, 2010, 05:12:38 pm »

Lets just fly in any random direction. Also make sure not to be sitting anywhere near Digital Helhound

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 10, 2010, 06:31:13 pm »

I sit anywhere near Digital Hellhound, and try to muster the strength for some healing magic...

"we should head towards the capital, maybe there were some survivors, we might find some sort of community..."
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 06:34:32 pm by RAM »
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 11, 2010, 12:10:28 am »

Sure, swap the order if you want.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 11, 2010, 04:27:12 am »

I support any plan that involves avoiding a single 1 from stopping the group from progressing. Unless, if the vehicle made its own roll to move, then all the players scramble to save it if it rolls a 1... Meh, I will tentatively support option 2, but I will refrain from answering the poll until I have devoted some further thought towards the issue...
Read the First Post!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 11, 2010, 04:46:27 am »

Try to start up the engine by focusing to create some magic just at my hands

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 11, 2010, 05:52:14 pm »

Try to start up the engine by focusing to create some magic just at my hands

You can try it, yes. But please remember that RAM was saved only by a perfect dodge.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 14, 2010, 12:33:02 pm »

You didn't edit my skills for my healing hands, or my inventory for fuel!  :P

First: A final scavenge for anything useful, to bring on out trip.
Second: Get in the car with my loot.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 14, 2010, 02:33:05 pm »

if you read the turn, you didn't actually use any magic skill, so you learnt nothing.

You are quite right about the fuel however. I could have missed a chance to turn you into a torch! unacceptable!
thank you for reporting this.

edit: also, I see that 3 people already voted for destination based. Which means that it will be the chosen travel mode.
Reasoning is this: at worst, it would be a tie since you are only 6. And if it is a tie, I would have to vote too. and my vote would go for destination based.
Keep voting however. if it becomes a tie, I am sure I can find some middle ground.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 02:35:35 pm by andrea »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 14, 2010, 06:40:07 pm »

How about if the rest of the world gets one or more chances to start an encounter every turn we try to spend in transit, and some trips might require multiple turns, either for dangerous/difficult terrain or simple long distances. The pilots get a chance to dodge any encounters while the rest of the crew get a turn worth of down time to spend on whatever personal projects they have. If an encounter happens then that will take place on the next turn, and if not, or the encounter is concluded and the trip continued, then the next length of travel will be attempted...
Read the First Post!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 15, 2010, 05:04:56 am »

well, my idea was to rolls for more random encounters depending on the length of the travel. Since some of them WILL stop you, longer travels will require more turns. For example, there are at least 2 places which aren't on the map but which you will find if you ever get close.
I hadn't thought about difficult terrain. I suppose some places, like high mountains, could have an increased chance of wind related problems. And other places could have heavy rains or sand storms.
I have a rough idea of what the climate is on that continent.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 15, 2010, 05:51:13 am »

Also if we try to fly through some gorge or asteroid-belt or something where we would be avoiding hpysical obstacles. It might happen if we wanted to avoid detection or some such...
Meh, I will vote, 4 votes for option 2, should be a landslide...
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31