Destination based
- 4 (80%)
Other (specify)
- 0 (0%)
Don't know/don't care
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31

Author Topic: Rebirth RTD Chapter 2- turn 3: Ready to go  (Read 50468 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Rebirth RTD Chapter 2- turn 3: Ready to go
« on: September 14, 2009, 06:04:19 am »

Yes, another RTD.

Rules here will be similar to Multiworld Madness's, and there will be big limitations on what you can use : nothing that breaks every law of the universe for example; but that universe isn't our, and so laws are different. mainly, magic exist.
But don't think you can go around throwing fireballs as soon as the game start : no magic can be used unless you are taught how to use it, by people or objects ( mainly books). In your previous and forgotten life you may have known basic magic, and so in the game you may have a chance of remembering it. Nothing fancy, and will need a 5 probably.

Quote from:  rules
The GM (Game Master) posts a situation you, the players, are in. You then post your actions, exactly one action per turn. Once all players have made their actions, the GM posts again, with the results of the actions and the state of the world around you. After which you post actions again, ad infinitum.

The action results are defined by a six-sided die roll:
[1]: Epic Fail. Whatever you tried to achieve, you didn't, and you made it worse.
[2]: Fail. You didn't, or couldn't do what you tried to.
[3]: Meager success: You didn't fail, but you didn't succeed either. Like trying to sit on two chairs but ending up on one.
[4]: Success: You succeeded in your plight. All consequences are now your problem.
[5]: Epic Success: You succeed in the most positive way possible. The universe will bend to your will.
[6]: Overshot: You achieved what you tried to achieve, but you made it worse by doing so in the most inhumanely overpowerful way possible. Casualties are inevitable.

In addition, if at any time something threatens you, you get a free roll to dodge it. If you end up in a very bad situation as a result of the first dodge roll, you may or may not get another free roll to narrowly escape death.

Swarm rules: Each successive dodge roll during a turn, unless it is a dodge against the same object or character, will get a -1 bonus.

Some status effects may grant "failguard". For the duration of these effects, the final total of any action roll will never be below 2.
If you are Stunned, Dazed, Dizzy, Confused, or otherwise receive a temporary penalty to overall or individual rolls, this penalty lasts until your next action is resolved, and not through the whole turn.

Combo rules:
You can spend your turn to help another player achieve his goal. If your roll is higher, it is taken as the success roll for the action.
You can also spend your turn to botch another player's action. If your roll is higher, its opposite is taken as the success roll for the action.
In both cases, individual player rolls determine what happens to the players in the course of the action.

Action rules:
Some actions may be considered "free", depending on the circumstance, and not require a roll.
As such, these actions can be paired with normal actions without penalty.

permadeath in ON

There are several ways to win.
The classical way is "be the last one standing".
Another way to win is to escape on a fully working spaceship.
There may be other, but i won't say them untill you discover more about the storyline. also, you may even find new ones.

Now, the start text

Light. Darkness. Death. Light again. At the beginning, a dim light through the eyelids,you realize you are alive again; you don't remember anything; you open your eyes, a small line of light, it grows, it is all blurry. It hurts your eyes.You feel your body again, the arms, the legs; you try to walk but fall on the ground after the first step; you was somewhere, but you fell out. There is less light here, you can slowly open your eyes. As you do it, things get less and less blurry and you see the tank you was in: a glass container, dry, with plastic tubes that fall , disconnected, from the sides, and metal wires on the top. On the outside, there seem to be some kind of complex machinery, tanks full of liquid or gas, metal tubes, electronic devices. Above the glass container you was in, there is a light, green. You get up, and look around; you are in a room, several vats like your, some of them, the ones with a red light had dead, immobile corpses in them, 5 other with a green light were open, people like you going out of them; a mechanical voice suddenly starts speaking :"Mind upload completed. Survirors:6. Dead:4. Reason of rebirth: Batteries depleted. System shutting down. Flashlights are near the door. Generator r*** is on th- ----- --- storag* **- ......". The room is dark, ony a small light in the ceiling, some clothes are near you, you wear them. You start taling to the others, you must know what happened to you, and what that place is.

As you may see from the text, there is space for 6 people. ( i'll keep a spot open for Kashyyk however, if he still joins every forum game he sees. So open slots may be 5). This is my first RTD, so quality at the beginning might not be the best, but i am sure it will be enjoable at least.

The world in which this RTD is set has already been posted on this forum, not by me, even if i helped to create it. But this isn't a problem, since i'll keep you in my part of that world, untill i can send pms to all the people involved.

Player list
-Flintus10
-RAM
-Jetsquirrel
-Digital Hellhound
-Diakron
-Kashyyk
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 01:28:51 pm by andrea »

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - A team adventure
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 06:45:13 am »

I'll join

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 07:02:50 am »

I don't know anything about multiworld madness, but I will give this a shot!

I try to remember how I might have gotten here.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 07:16:45 am »

RAM, of multiworld madness i took only some rules, that i posted in the opening post. don't worry about that.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 08:23:51 am »

i join

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 09:01:34 am »

I'll join.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 09:12:25 am »

game will start tomorrow morning (GMT +1).
people who already joined, please, post actions, so i can start working on the turn.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 09:22:45 am »

Take flashlight, rip off a part of my shirt and fashion a headband out of it.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 09:44:56 am »

i'll join
Back to Mafia with me!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 09:46:23 am »

take a flashlight and search for weaponry
Back to Mafia with me!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 09:52:30 am »

>run towards the exit

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2009, 12:45:36 pm »

Thanks for the slot Andrea!!
I'll definitely join.

I grab a flashlight and put it in my pocket, before looking around the room.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - A team adventure ( slots full)
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 12:57:29 pm »

and so, we are all here, ready to start. i am waiting only for flintus's action to post the turn, 4 actions already rolled and wrote, 5 soon.
first to join, first to log out it seem. but tomorrow turn should arrive early.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2009, 04:20:06 am »

I'll grab a flashlight and scan the room for useful equiptment.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2009, 04:58:56 am »

First turn is up! enjoy.
You might notice that i decided to give you all the flashlights, but the roll decided the charge of the lamp. For the people who got low rolls, you might want to reactivate power soon, or go out of the building, since there will be a penalty for operating in the darkness.

Quote from: RAM
I try to remember how I might have gotten here.
| You focus your mind on remembering who or what took you in that room. After a while you understand that you, and the other, went here by your own will, not forced by anyone, and you see blurry images of people putting you in the machine, and activating it before everything went dark. You can remember that it was a dangerous… experiment? Period? Life? person? You don’t know, but you know there was a danger. After remembering all this, for some reason you can’t understand, you feel sad. Thinking that darkness surely won’t improve your mood, you take a flashlight and light it.

Quote from: Digital Hellhound
Take flashlight, rip off a part of my shirt and fashion a headband out of it.
|in the darkness, you can’t find the flashlight. Wasting your time looking for them, you can’t make an headband. After Diakron (he said that is his nickname) lights his flashlight you can finally see where he took it. You grab a flashlight and you light it.

Quote from: Diakron
take a flashlight and search for weaponry
| after grabbing a flashlight and lighting it, you go looking for a weapon. Since there is no proper weapon you decide to rip a metal tube out of one of the machines and use it as blunt weapon. You don’t want to enter the glass cylinder again anyway , so you don’t care about breaking the machine.

Quote from: Jetsquirrel
run towards the exit
| the room is small, you don’t need to rum. You just walk toward the door net to the flashlights, and open it. You also take a flashlight and light it. You enter a corridor and wave the flashlight ; you see a door at the end, with a sign clearly meaning “exit”, and several doors are on the side of the corridor. You stop on the doorstep, undecided.

Quote from: Kashyyk
I grab a flashlight and put it in my pocket, before looking around the room.

|Like Hellhound you can’t find much while the room is dark and you can only hit machinery and walls, until somebody turns on a light. You find the pile of flashlights near the door, and take one

Quote from: Flintus10
I'll grab a flashlight and scan the room for useful equipment.
|as all other, you take a flashlight and turn it on. You use it to scan the room, but find nothing useful : the flashlights, the machines, some powerless computers, and 2 doors. You could take a metal tube from a machine like Diakron did, but decide not to do at the moment

Background roll : 2. You see nothing interesting.

STATUS
Quote from:  RAM status
Equipment:  Clothes  , flashlight(20/20)
Health: Unharmed   
Abilities: .   
Special Status: 
Quote from:  Digital Hellhound status
Equipment: Clothes ,flashlight(12/20)
Special Status: 
Quote from:  Diakron status
Equipment: Clothes, metal tube, flashlight(20/20) 
Special Status: 
Quote from:  Jetsquirrel status
Equipment: Clothes , flashlight(18/20)
Special Status: 
Quote from:  Kashyyk status
Equipment: Clothes , flashlight (12/20)