Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Modality of travel

Turn based
- 1 (20%)
Destination based
- 4 (80%)
Other (specify)
- 0 (0%)
Don't know/don't care
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5


Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31

Author Topic: Rebirth RTD Chapter 2- turn 3: Ready to go  (Read 38526 times)

Jetsquirrel

  • Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 11: Anticlimax
« Reply #180 on: October 28, 2009, 05:43:44 am »

MUsttt..... Touch.... ThAT MONOLITH!

andrea

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 11: Anticlimax
« Reply #181 on: October 29, 2009, 08:56:45 am »

With a bit of luck tehre will be a turn this evening.

Kashyyk

  • Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 11: Anticlimax
« Reply #182 on: November 01, 2009, 06:48:08 am »

well, that was interesting.

First: I get up and turn on one of the computers. If it is a laptop I take it with me.
Second: I go to the storage room and search it for anything useful.
Logged

andrea

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 12: Anticlimax
« Reply #183 on: November 01, 2009, 06:21:48 pm »

This turn, something happened! You got outside, which requires a nice wall of text that is now too late to write.
Also, flashlights start depleting, and a couple of you are carrying depleted ones. I will be nice and pretend you put them in a pocket, but there is space just for one ( looking at you, kashyyk) so anything beyond that uses an hand slot.
When i started thinking about what you would find outside, I thought about something, which would be horribly deadly and dangerous. Something too bad to inflict it to players. So i decided to use it only if you got a double 1.
Guess what happened?


Quote from: RAM
I attempt to utilise my magical abilities to remove the curse on this room.
|You call you magic abilities to help you removing the curse away from this room. There is no curse however and you wouldnít even know how to remove it. Is a curse even possible? You canít remember. You, however, take a mop and a bucket, and start cleaning the fuel from the floor. After a while, you clean the fuel from the areas near exposed wires and the generator. Nothing as big as a curse, but still useful.
Quote from: Digital Hellhound
Follow Flintus, bash open the door if needed.

|Well, it is time to do something. Flintus went toward the exit, and you run there to help, climbing the stairs at great speed. Suddenly, your flashlight switches off, due to depleted battery and you , watching the lamp to see what happened,  donít see that the stairs ended, smashing against the steel door with the shoulder. The sturdy door repels you with ease but you put an hand on the floor and use it as pivot to make a powerful roundhouse kick to the hinges, knocking them out! Miraculously uninjured , you stand up and with the help of Flintus you push the door outward, making it fall. Daylight finally enters, arriving in the corridor and, partially, in the rooms. Only Jetsquirrel doesnít see it.
Quote from: Diakron
search around for an oversized steel glove
|You look around, but for some reason you think there is no oversized steel gauntlet lying around. How could they not think about somebody doubling his handís size and then looking for a gauntlet? Dabbling organizers, that is the truth.
 
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|You go toward the monolith, to hug it again! Like last time, nothing happens and this time you donít even manage to imagine anything even remotely big. Just a bunny with 2 fruit juice bottles on the back like a jetpack. After the first 2 minutes spent trying to imagine something, you feel like you put your fingers in a socket and quickly jump backward. The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didnít hit you last time.
 
Quote from: Kashyyk
I get up and turn on one of the computers. If it is a laptop I take it with me.
| You travel in the now lit corridor, but only find terminals in the walls, nothing even remotely portable. And all powerless. Entering the Vat room seeing that there is another , open, door you go ahead through it and enter a dark room, full of computers and papers. All off of course, since there is no power. You really need that generator.
 
Quote from: Flintus10
Investigate the plants and then see if I can use mental powers to make them grow enough to force open the door. 

| You try to  focus to find a solution to the problem, possibly involving magic, but you have to stop to dodge Hellhound which rushes in and somehow manages to annihilate the hinges on the door, so quickly that you donít understand what is going on. That may be because you wasnít looking, though. After he gets up you 2 push the door outward, finally seeing daylight.
Background roll :[1]You notice nothing worth enough to be written here.

Important event(exit): luck:1 (doublecheck:1).
Well, sorry people but such a thing requires its own post which I will write tomorrow. Iíll just say that a double one on this roll spawns an herd of the most dangerous animal on this world. Kashyyk, if you know what I am speaking about, donít spoil too much before tomorrowís update.

STATUS
Quote from:  RAM status
Location: Generator room, unknown building
Equipment:  XClothesX  , flashlight(8/20), bandage kit (19/20), pain killer(gel, 18/20)
Health: unharmed
Abilities:thermal magic   
Special Status:
Quote from:  Digital Hellhound status
Location: Generator room, unknown building   
Equipment: Clothes ,flashlight(0/20),needlegun,diary
Health:
Abilities: .
Special Status: stone arms
Quote from:  Diakron status
Location: Storage room, unknown building   
Equipment: Clothes, crowbar, flashlight(8/20) 
Health: 
Abilities: none .   
Special Status:hulk hand
Quote from:  Jetsquirrel status
Location: Monolith room, unknown building 
Equipment: Clothes ,2 fuel tanks
Health: Unharmed 
Abilities: none   
Special Status:suicide bomber, darkness
Quote from:  Kashyyk status
Location: Control room, unknown building 
Equipment: Clothes , flashlight (0/20), flashlight (9/20), cup
Health: Unharmed
Abilities: .
Special Status: Drowsy, caffeine(9/20)
Quote from: Flintus10 status
Location: Exit stairs, unknown building   
Equipment: Clothes, funnel, flashlight(8/20) 
Health: broken nose 
Abilities: .   
Special Status:cheater
 
NPCs
Quote from: Coffee-Kashyyk
Location: Kashyykís mind
Equipment: Clothes, 9 coffee cups 
Health: Unharmed 
Abilities: none   
Special Status:caffeine powered, asleep
LOCATIONS
Spoiler: unknown building (click to show/hide)


Tomorrow I'll write about the outside. The deadly you find outside isn't instadeath like "you are in space" or " you are in the core of a fission reactor", so you 2 near the door aren't in danger just for being there. But outside it will be dangerous.
It will be a short narrative break.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 06:45:32 pm by andrea »
Logged

RAM

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 12: Anticlimax
« Reply #184 on: November 01, 2009, 07:51:17 pm »

Now, you see what happened, I removed the curse and succeeded on a roll, the GM has no power here...

And in case I forget before the next update.

Start generator
Logged
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

omagaalpha

  • Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 12: Anticlimax
« Reply #185 on: November 01, 2009, 08:38:24 pm »

Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didnít hit you last time.
Hope that it is the first option :P.
Logged
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didnít hit you last time.

Jetsquirrel

  • Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 12: Anticlimax
« Reply #186 on: November 02, 2009, 02:20:56 am »

hmmmm interesting
act like a sciencetist , and hug that monolith again

Digital Hellhound

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 12: Anticlimax
« Reply #187 on: November 02, 2009, 03:46:05 am »

Uh oh... back away and bring the needlegun up and follow Flintus, wherever he goes.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 03:48:51 am by Digital Hellhound »
Logged
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. °No parmesan!

Kashyyk

  • Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 12: Anticlimax
« Reply #188 on: November 02, 2009, 05:38:33 am »

hmm, let me think...

I should know what you're talking about Andrea but it just isn't coming to me.

Anyway,
First: I go to the stores and grab as many weapons as possible.
Second: I head to the exit.
Logged

andrea

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 12: Anticlimax
« Reply #189 on: November 02, 2009, 06:09:11 am »

hints: something i invented, comes in herds, is a big animal.

andrea

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 13: Let there be light.
« Reply #190 on: November 02, 2009, 10:27:43 am »

Well, the outside part is up.
There were some changes ( Ram and Diakron in the corridor, Digital used 2 needles), but no major ones. Mainly the position changes, since moving in the building is a free action.

If you don't want to read it, go to the bottom where i shortly say what happened.


Watching the sunlight after years is like a second birth , you feel the light hitting your skin, you feel the heat of the day, the fresh air flowing inside the building. Then you open your eyes and look around. The roads are cracked by bushes and trees growing, lined with mossy hills that must have been cars in the past. Buildings are covered by vines, climbing up to the highest heights. Sky is full of birds, but life is not only above you; as soon as you step out you find a big rat looking up toward you curious, having never seen a person in his short life, then he runs around you a couple of times, and disappear in the basement of a nearby building. The place is no more the thriving  city that it used to be, it is ruins covered by vegetation. While most buildings still stand, they started falling down, filling the old roads with debris and leaving holes where in the past there were houses of many.
After few minutes in which you try to understand and accept what you see, you hear a sound coming from the forest; many birds are flying away from shacking trees. A trumpeting comes to your ears. Soon you can see the animal who caused that : it has a greenish skin, its head grey . It is a 4 legged mammal, his body is covered by thick scales  everywhere except on the bottom half.  It has a long muscular trunk , 2 big ears and 2 long, pointy ivory tusks, designed to kill. It is a mabŗli , more than 2 times higher than the average person, incredibly tough, highly aggressive and with an impressive strength. In the past herds of these animals attacked and destroyed whole villages, causing as much bloodshed as a war, nearly impossible to stop until modern ages. Killing one was such an hard task that mabŗli ivory was considered a material that only the most wealthy kings could afford. In modern times the mabŗli population was exterminated by the army , during battles to defend the endangered settlements near the forests, leaving the only survivors in the zoos across the world.
They escaped , and they are reclaiming the world.

He raises the trunk, letting out a powerful cry answered by all the herd in the surrounding area. The ground starts trembling, so much that it seems an earthquake, till the beasts are all here, watching at you, preparing to charge.
Exploring the area, you walked several meters far from the door,  enough to make a safe run to the building near impossible. When you finally move, turning toward the door you just removed trying to run for safety, the herd charges at you, with ferocious rage and the tusks low on the ground.
Flintus barely dodges one of the running monsters jumping on the left but for Hellhound it is too late and in a desperate attempt to save himself  he dives between the tusks, rolling on the ground barely avoiding the big feet and managing to land a few shots with his needlegun on the blood vessels of the neck, enough to stun him. You are now close to the door, followed by one of the beasts charging; he is too fast, almost reaching you ,  but you manage to jump inside just in time to avoid becoming kebab on elephant tusks. The mabŗli charging at you smashes against the door frame, revealing a steel layer under concrete which should save you, at least for a while. Some animals of the herd , angered by the cries of the stunned mabŗli, and the ones of the mabŗli who broke his tusk against the door frame, start hitting the wall with their heads and kicking it,  while the other stomp on the ground in their rage. They donít tolerate intruders in their land and much less intruders who harm them. The building and the underground base start shaking strongly under their attack.

Meanwhile, underground, all the people can feel the animal-induced earthquake: Ram and Diakron go out of the rooms they were in, meeting in the corridor and trying to decide where to escape; Kashyyk hides under a table in the lounge; Jetsquirrel falls on the ground; Diakron and RAM decide to run toward the exit before the ceiling fall on them, but  Hellhound and Flintus burst out of the corridor door shouting ďMabŗli! They are destroying the building, we canít go out ď.
After 10 minutes of fear, the stomping on the ground ends and while the herd still attacks the door, the building isnít in immediate danger of cave it and the people can go out from their shelters under the tables and door frames, now having to find a way to get out again before the mabŗli collapse the building.
In the vat room, several vats fell, breaking and leaving on the floor liquid and rotting corpses; in the bedroom some beds fell; in the storage room not much happened; in the lounge most bottles fell and broke; in the generator room many tools fell from the shelves but not damage was done to the generator itself.



Long story short, you got attacked by bloodthirsty, armored, stealth elephants, created to kill. And heavy and strong enough to destroy the building you are in.

Edit: vote: do you want me to do things like this every time a very important event happens?  or do you prefer having only normal turns? remember that during this kind of narrative I make as little changes as possible, since you can't decide on your actions and get no rolls.

edit2: anyone knows how to add a poll?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 10:41:19 am by andrea »
Logged

Digital Hellhound

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 13 and an half: the march of the mabŗli
« Reply #191 on: November 02, 2009, 11:44:43 am »

Crap.

Uhh.

Is there a back-door? Try to find another exit.
If there is none, we need to blow a hole in the wall.

Also, it's easier to read like this, so keep it.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 11:56:54 am by Digital Hellhound »
Logged
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. °No parmesan!

Diakron

  • Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 13 and an half: the march of the mabŗli
« Reply #192 on: November 02, 2009, 12:09:08 pm »

explain to the elephants that they don't really won't to hurt me, if that don't work; Cold-cock 'em
Logged
Back to Mafia with me!

andrea

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 13 and an half: the march of the mabŗli
« Reply #193 on: November 02, 2009, 12:27:15 pm »

uh.... Diakron, are you sure it is a good idea?


also, do anyone know how to add a poll, if it is possible?

if not, then i would still like you to give your opinion about this kind of narrative. I took control of players and eliminated rolls for a "turn" , so I would like to know what you players think about it before the next major event happens ( there are few places who would deserve such a thing, and as many situations as the rolls want.)

Jetsquirrel

  • Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 13 and an half: the march of the mabŗli
« Reply #194 on: November 02, 2009, 01:29:52 pm »

there was somewhere here a button for it


ahhh there it is
scroll down the page and you should see this

  Reply  |  Notify  |  Add poll  |  Send this topic  |  Print 

somewhere and you click the red one
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31