Destination based
- 4 (80%)
Other (specify)
- 0 (0%)
Don't know/don't care
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31

Author Topic: Rebirth RTD Chapter 2- turn 3: Ready to go  (Read 51586 times)

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 13 and an half: the march of the mabāli
« Reply #210 on: November 10, 2009, 03:15:34 pm »

Act like a brave scientist and Hug that freaking monolith again
You know many people disappear by touching the monolith. Maybe you be part of Numbers people that disappear by touching it.
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 12, 2009, 01:17:28 am »

BAH. what in world could happen?
my guy can withstand the shock

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 12, 2009, 08:34:28 am »

BAH. what in world could happen?
my guy can withstand the shock
1: you disappear from existist of game
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 12, 2009, 09:16:27 am »

maybe i wont! MAYBE its just a teleportation device
but if i dissapear then i did it for SCIENCE!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 12, 2009, 02:52:58 pm »

I pray you, dice gods, give me a 1 on jetsquirrel's action.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 12, 2009, 03:52:59 pm »

for god i you cheat i will strangle you! Some people to that to make it "More FUN"

oh and btw who said that i was a sane men that makes logical choices?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 12, 2009, 05:08:08 pm »

Nobody said that you should act sane. In fact, I want you to keep the action.

But on a 1 the possibilities are endless, with a monolith involved! can't you see the beauty and the Fun in this?

Don't worry, I won't cheat. But 1s happen. For example, when mabāli spawned. It was a double one, no cheat involved, exactly in the place where it should be to do most damage.
* andrea goes painting 1 on all the sides of the die

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 12, 2009, 05:44:32 pm »

Now that is just silly, you should paint die on all the sides of the die, then you can pretend it was just a reminder...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 15, 2009, 02:50:40 pm »

Wait- you people actually voted on that poll without me having to bump thread? amazing. We will have a turn later tonight. Turn 14 statuses are gone, since they will be next to useless after I post turn 15 with statuses.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 15, 2009, 06:03:48 pm »

AAAND... turn!

Quote from: RAM
I'll turn the generator on and try to electrify the outer shell of the building.

| flashlights are running out, you are sieged and there is a lot of equipment not working. It is time to start generator! You click the switch. “ Let there be light!”. And light it was, indeed. All lights turn on, together with all the terminals and computers linked to the power net. You can hear fans working somewhere. An artificial voice speaks “ Emergency power restored, all lights, terminals and vats active. Status: front door under attack, 4 vats dead, 6 empty. Main power missing. Switching vats off to safe power.”
The open wires start sending sparkles and this gives you an idea! Electrifying the building! This will keep mabāli away! You grab some wires from the shelves, connect them to the metal frame inside the wall ( wall which you had to dig in), then try to link them to the open, powered wires in the ground. It goes horribly wrong! You get hit by electricity , wires melt together, you fall down moving wildly, detaching wires from the wall and swinging them madly across the room, hitting Kashyyk! Then it suddenly stops, but you are left on the ground semi-paralyzed.
Quote from: Digital Hellhound
Search diary for something about an alternative way out.

| After re-reading the first pages, you find the lines that rang a bell in your head before:
“In the last hour I started hearing strange noises, like excavator machines. If that is what they are, then there must be other exits since I saw no dirt being hauled outside. It must be night now, they wouldn’t do such a thing during the day. Unless we are in a military base, which is probable, but even then they want this to be hidden from enemies, don’t they? And doing big excavation works at the light of the day would be calling for unneeded attention. It must be something either big or near, since I can hear it over the sound of the generator.”
There might be another exit somewhere, probably a big one even. It must be beyond the other door in the vat room, somewhere. And probably not far.
Quote from: Diakron
use part of a steel rod to make knuckles for your oversized hand
|You , after seeing Kashyyk with that steel rod, went to look for another, so that you could get something to wear on your oversized hand. You take a rod, start bending it, then you try to use thermal magic to make the work easier and , later, to weld the whole thing. You, however, lose control of the thing once again and while the hand and the air cool down, metal melts, pouring onto your cold, big hand and covering it completely! You managed to revert the heat exchange before molten steel goes past the wrist but your hand is now covered by a thick crust of steel, which makes it impossible for you to move it. You don’t know what happened to your hand encased in steel.

|You go to hug the monolith again, but lights suddenly turn on, leaving you dazzled for a second. After hearing a far sound of electrical sparkles, you decide that you need a bit more time to recover from last time, before trying again.

Quote from: Kashyyk
I practice doing Thermal Magic of my own.
| With instructions from RAM you try to use thermal magic, but despite your efforts, you can do nothing. It seen you never bothered to learn it before. You keep trying, but then bad things happen and you are hit by electricity cables, powered! You are shocked but your contracting muscles luckily pull the flying wares away from the open wires in the ground, saving both you and RAM. Your muscles, however, refuse to move in an ordinate fashion.

Quote from: Flintus10
Get away from the Mabāli and then try again to link with one.
|The first part of your action works nicely, while the second is a big no. Their minds are too thick… Maybe you need to try something else.
Background roll :3 Well, what more do you need to see? There Is a limit on how much you can find on a room, after you have been there for a long time. You notice however that some people are carrying depleted flashlights, which are useless. And since there is light, it may be a good idea to turn off the ones still charged
Siege roll:5 When Flintus gets away, mabāli seem to lose interest in bashing the walls, after they saw that their efforts didn’t manage to make an hole. The wounded retreat in the forest, but the healthy, and they are many, stay. The truce will not last forever, they can see and hear you in the lab. You better find a way to go out. Or to turn the beasts into peaceful kittens, which would be much less bloody but oddly interesting. And cute probably.
STATUS
Quote from:  RAM status
Equipment:  XClothesX  , flashlight(6/20), bandage kit (19/20), pain killer(gel, 18/20)
Health: unharmed
Abilities:thermal magic   
Special Status: semi-Paralyzed
Quote from:  Digital Hellhound status
Equipment: Clothes ,flashlight(0/20),needlegun,diary
Health:
Abilities: .
Special Status: stone arms
Quote from:  Diakron status
Equipment: Clothes, crowbar, flashlight(6/20) 
Health:  unknown hand health
Abilities: none .   
Special Status:hulk hand
Quote from:  Jetsquirrel status
Equipment: Clothes ,2 fuel tanks
Health: Unharmed 
Abilities: none   
Special Status:suicide bomber
Quote from:  Kashyyk status
Equipment: Clothes , flashlight (0/20), flashlight (7/20), cup, rough steel mabāli harpoon
Special Status: Drowsy, caffeine(8/20) semi-Paralyzed
Quote from: Flintus10 status
Equipment: Clothes, funnel, flashlight(6/20) 
Health: broken nose 
Special Status:cheater

NPCs
Quote from: Coffee-Kashyyk
Equipment: Clothes, 8 coffee cups 
Abilities: none   
Special Status:caffeine powered, asleep
LOCATIONS
Spoiler: unknown building (click to show/hide)

Late in the evening, so I'll just hope there is no error. Should be nothing big however. Tomorrow, I'll tell you about something I wanted to try, and update the poll.

Thanks you all for following this RTD despite it being weekly AND delayed.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 15: yes, 15.
« Reply #220 on: November 15, 2009, 07:14:13 pm »

Head back towards the Vats room and look for another exit.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 15, 2009, 07:37:30 pm »

I use fire magic to call for help.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 15, 2009, 10:24:10 pm »

i have a steel coated hand remember :D

go punch something hard to test it out
Back to Mafia with me!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 16, 2009, 12:47:12 am »

Vats room, help open door (bashing with stone arms if needed)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ĄNo parmesan!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 16, 2009, 12:46:33 pm »

Damn, oh well.

First: I search for a blow torch or something similar (thermal magic without magic!)
Second: I use it to make me some more mabāli harpoons (or if I don't have one, I practice some more Thermal magic)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31