Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: DF eBook Megaproject  (Read 12436 times)

Davion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF eBook Megaproject
« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2009, 08:36:00 pm »

I'm guessing that the copy-paste from free-legal-documents.com was just a pointless troll?

I am thinking it is just a creative way of saying "Fuck you and fuck this thread", considering so many people on this forum, as well as the OP, seem to be fine with not attempting to get in contact with the people that wrote it.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 08:47:29 pm by Davion »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 16, 2009, 08:38:04 pm »

Well, of course they were.  They didn't know it'd be necessary.  I'm sure the only strings attached are only viewable to SA forum members who have archive on their accounts.  I did look into this.  Just at a glance, copyright laws seem to be more complex than anyone had been describing them.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 08:39:40 pm by LegoLord »
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #107 on: October 16, 2009, 09:15:01 pm »

From the guidelines: "You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material."

It would be silly for me to have a legal opinion about the copyright status of the material in question.  However, some of the original authors apparently have an issue with this eBook, so I'm shutting this thread down since I don't want to have an issue as well.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]