Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 59

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet RTD [Game Over]  (Read 74927 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet RTD
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2009, 06:20:36 pm »

I have a die you can use. How many rolls you need?

How does [6][1][6][1][1][1][1][4][3][9] sound?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet RTD
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2009, 06:43:49 pm »

Hmm... Alright, I guess we can just generate them each time. It was just a failsafe really, I didn't want this to die because of argument over the fairness of it. I think I can handle generating the rolls on my own, though.

I'll visit the Academy of Schalade, and ask the magic professor there, if he could teach me a few spells and take a look to see if my book is actually a spell-book.
Priority 5! 6: You arrive in the academy's courtyard and see a knowledgeable-looking fellow studying. You walk over and ask him if your book is a real spellbook. He grabs the book, looks at it and then yells out so everyone can hear "Hey, this nitwit here wants to know if this is a real spellbook!" The courtyard looks at the book, and starts laughing at you. Shoving it back into your hands, he sneers "Of course it's a real spellbook. That's basic curriculum there. Everybody knows that. Why don't go go read it and see if you can actually learn something, instead of asking stupid questions." Word soon circulates about your blunder, and you gain a reputation at the academy for being slow.

-1 to rolls involving the Academy's scholars
New Magic School Discovered: Elementalism

I peek inside the tavern, looking for anyone who's at least as smart as me.

1: You look around the tavern, looking for anyone to engage in intelectual discussion with. You find nobody. On your way out, you overhear two men talking about the most dull things. You are stunned at the stupidity of their conversation.

-1 to rolls next turn.

Change my action to "drag kilikan to the market and pimp him to the ladies"
Priority 2! 6: Di' Ako runs off before you can catch him. You follow him to the academy, arriving shortly after his confrontation with the scholar. As you run up to him, you trip and fall. You are also laughed at by everyone in the courtyard.

I shall visit the magic academy, and see if they need the work of a scribe in exchange for some magic lessons.
5: You arrive at the academy, and proceed into the main hall. You see a bulletin board advertising free lessons in ancient runes for advanced scribes. You enroll in the class, and spend the day learning the basics of runecrafting.

+1 to Runecrafting Skill
New Magic School Discovered: Runecrafting

go to the acadamy and investigate it's classes
You go into the academy and look at the class schedule. You see classes offered for basic elementalism, basic runecrafting, and magic theory.

New Magic School Discovered: Magic Theory

Di' Ako
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nirur Torir
Z. Chris
Lawrence Godred
Ragnok
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 06:46:32 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet RTD [Turn 1: A New Beginning]
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2009, 06:56:16 pm »

I try to get into a class on Magical Theory.

There was no pointless action here about enchanting a rock with runecrafting. Nope.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 07:24:19 pm by Nirur Torir »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2009, 07:02:08 pm »

Resume pimping Kilakan.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2009, 07:35:55 pm »

I'll fend off Chris while studying my new spell book, trying to learn a basic attack spell from it, off academy grounds so I don't get laughed at.
and stop trying to pimp me, do something useful like gather information on available jobs at the tavern.
Nom nom nom

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2009, 07:57:59 pm »

I realize that drunken fools likely avoid intelligent banter, but are more liable to slips of the tongue. I sit down at the bar and begin to tell a few jokes, (blatantly stolen out of a book I read), in an attempt to gain the favor of the masses.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2009, 09:03:32 pm »

Alright, I GO TO THE MARKETPLACE, AND FIND SOME MERCENARY WORK

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2009, 11:12:40 am »

Enroll in Magic Theory

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2009, 02:35:28 pm »

I try to get into a class on Magical Theory.
1: You approach the register and put your name down for the Introduction to Magic class. Later when you show up for class, the teacher informs you that you are not, in fact, on the sign-up sheet. You run back down to the register, and see you accidentally signed up to clean up the alchemy lab instead. Earlier that day there was a big mess-up in the lab, and the room is a mess. It will take at least a turn to clean up.

Lose a turn cleaning the lab.
or
Abandon your task and take a -1 Hit to your reputation for being unreliable.

Magic School Discovered: Alchemy!
(Note this is the potions and reagents kind, not the turn lead into gold kind)

studying my new spell book, trying to learn a basic attack spell from it, off academy grounds so I don't get laughed at.
1: You wander away studying your book, trying to learn the basics of Elementalism. After a while, you feel you can try a spell, and begin focusing your power. You see a small ball of fire slowly forming between your hands, and in the excitement you lose concentration. The fireball blows up in your face.

Minor Burns: -2 Appearance; -2 Toughness
Equipment Damaged:
Worn Leather Tunic

I sit down at the bar and begin to tell a few jokes, (blatantly stolen out of a book I read), in an attempt to gain the favor of the masses.
(6-1 = 5): You start telling some jokes, and they're a hit! Inspired, you try to come up with you own joke, and you succeed! Soon the bar is roaring with laughter, eagerly anticipating the next one. You know a lot more about how to break the ice and shoot the breeze when talking to other people. While that doesn't help you with Elementalism at all, you gain a large social skill bonus.

+4 to Comedian skill

GO TO THE MARKETPLACE, AND FIND SOME MERCENARY WORK
3: You peddle around the marketplace, looking for anyone who might have work for a dwarf. You see a tall man who is looking for strong men to assist him. You ask what the job is, excited at the prospect of finding something challenging to fight and some good pay. He needs someone to muck out the stables outside the city. 
Enroll in Magic Theory
6: You jot your name down in the register, then go to class. Upon arriving, you sit down and start listening to the teacher's lecture. Nothing makes any sense! After a while you figured out you enrolled in Advanced Magic Theory, and you don't know the basics! While you did learn a little on the subject, the class laughs at you for being so clueless

+1 to Magical Theory

Di' Ako

Nirur Torir
Z. Chris
Lawrence Godred
Ragnok
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 02:39:27 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet RTD [Turn 2: Why are people so bad at writing their names?]
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2009, 02:37:08 pm »

No, I'm a mercenary, you dolt.  I find merc work.  I'm a gun for hire, a ... I'm out of phrases for mercenary, already.
I have zip cash. Nada. Broke. Flat out empty. Zilch.

Oops.  Misread.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 03:08:12 pm by zchris13 »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2009, 02:44:46 pm »

I clean the lab REALLY, REALLY well. I shall be applauded for my awesomeness when I get done.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2009, 02:56:43 pm »

No, I'm a mercenary, you dolt.  I find merc work.  I'm a gun for hire, a ... I'm out of phrases for mercenary, already.
I have zip cash. Nada. Broke. Flat out empty. Zilch.

So I'm guessing you want to continue searching instead of take the horse mucker job?

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2009, 03:07:49 pm »

NO! I go ask the guards instead.  Or talk to the mayor, roll for it.  Evens, I go to the mayor, odds I go to the guards.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2009, 03:11:50 pm »

I'll use my survival kit to bandage up my face, leaving eye-holes of course, then continue reading my book, careful to aim away from myself.
Nom nom nom

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2009, 04:05:14 pm »

I try to casually push the conversation towards something a bit more relevant to my interests. I tell a nice wizardry joke, then start to ask around about magic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 59