Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New subforum: "Play Games" (I suck at names :/)  (Read 16786 times)

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
New subforum: "Play Games" (I suck at names :/)
« on: September 16, 2009, 04:49:28 am »

Sooo, there have been a few suggestions in the past to have a new subsection of forum games for lets plays, and with the recent upsurge of people playing games live I've been thinking that maybe we could have a subforum which would cover anything related to playing a game and broadcasting it to people. Most notably would be lets plays and X plays games live but it could also include pretty much anything were you play a game and tell people what's happening. Anyhow just throwing this idea out there for people to bounce around, I thought I'd make a new thread rather than hijack Nilocy's. The new subforum could probably go either here or in forum games.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
Re: New subforum: "Play Games" (I suck at names :/)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 04:54:04 am »

Well, the concept of Lets Play combined with Watch Me Play seems like it should be called...

WiiPlay We play.  ;D
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 05:09:35 am »

I think such a subforum would be a good idea.  We could call it "Live Games" or something.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 07:25:36 am »

Well, the concept of Lets Play combined with Watch Me Play seems like it should be called...

WiiPlay We play.  ;D

lol.

Sappho: Live games? Sounds like a live broadcasting thingies.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 07:31:34 am »

Live games being played and broadcasted, but also group "let's play" games which are live at the moment.  So it encompasses both categories.

Anyway, I've gotten one of these streams: http://www.livestream.com/sappho

If anyone is interested in watching me play Stone Soup or any one of many SNES/GBA games, let me know and I'll start streaming.  Otherwise I will wait, because the wireless internet in my apartment tends to shut down completely if we use too much bandwidth and I'd have to go sit next to the router and plug in.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 07:37:20 am »

Errm...

PLAY FFVI! :D or, or...

What are good GBA games? I have forgotten about those... :|

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 07:47:12 am »

Alright, my options for emulators are:
GBA
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Legend of Zelda, the Minish Cap
Legend of Zelda, a Link to the Past / Four Swords
Final Fantasy VI Advance
Mother 3 (Sequel to Earthbound, Translated into English)
Pokemons of various colors
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town

SNES
Chrono Trigger
Donkey Kong Country 1-3
Harvest Moon
Super Mario RPG
Tetris + Dr. Mario
Tetris Attack
Uniracers

Sega Master System
Dragon Crystal
Defenders of Oasis

I am really, really, really terrible at any and all action/platform games.  Like, hilariously terrible.  I do have most of the popular action titles for these systems, but didn't list them because I can't even get past the first level.  (This includes Mario.)  So if you want to laugh at how bad I am, I'd be happy to play them for you.  Otherwise, go for something more like an RPG or puzzle game.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 08:16:59 am »

I think stone soup is a good idea, I'd like to compare myself to someone else but telenet is slow for me. Plus the tileset spoiled me.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 08:19:01 am »

Oh, new idea for subforum name: Now Playing

I'll start up this program for Stone Soup and see if I can figure out how to work it.  I warn you: I'm also terrible at that game.  So maybe anyone watching can give me some tips?

I'll try to run it over the wireless for now.  If I get bumped off, I'll move to the cable and start it back up.

Edit: Ugh, this thing slows my entire computer to a crawl.  I'm offline until I can think of a way to make it run faster.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 08:31:36 am by Sappho »

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 04:30:29 pm »

Hmm so no interest in this proposal?

Also barely disguised bump that is now not disguised at all due to me mentioning it here.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 05:42:28 pm »

Seems like a decent idea.

I somehow can't see it getting past Toadyone, unfortunately.

unless it does. that i stand corrected.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 05:44:26 pm »

I agree with the idea, it is a good idea that would only clean up clutter and not be bad for anyone.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 05:48:40 pm »

Less than half a dozen threads do not a trend make. Plus, all these fit perfectly well in the Forum Games And Roleplaying forum.
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 06:52:58 pm »

Less than half a dozen threads do not a trend make. Plus, all these fit perfectly well in the Forum Games And Roleplaying forum.
Obviously we are soon to have more, and it does not fit perfectly or even slightly in the forum games and roleplaying forum.
Forum Games, if you know basic english you understand this means games that are on the forum, not games that link off of the forum to another website. It doesn't go in roleplaying because you don't see people saying in all-caps "DIE FOUL ALIEN!" Or at least a substantial amount of it, i think i've proved my point.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 07:30:01 pm »

Obviously we are soon to have more, and it does not fit perfectly or even slightly in the forum games and roleplaying forum.
Forum Games, if you know basic english you understand this means games that are on the forum, not games that link off of the forum to another website. It doesn't go in roleplaying because you don't see people saying in all-caps "DIE FOUL ALIEN!" Or at least a substantial amount of it, i think i've proved my point.

This is the best thing I have read since that Love Advice thread.

I... I think I love you, man.

EDIT:

Of course, now upon reflection, I realise the true and harrowing depths of that truly sick and endless burn I was just served. With each passing second, your words of insightful hate wormed deep into my heart and soul, and therein lay the eggs of doubt and despair. Now, these shocking and torturous past few minutes, have given me a new perspective on life. Everything has changed. I suppose I would thank you if I still had human feelings and emotions coursing through my blackened and hollow soul, but seeing as your burn has left me darker than charchoal, I shall simply grunt in your direction.

In-between tears and brief moments of plunging blades into my bosom, only now can I see the wisdom and genius with which you cast your web of truth. Of course threads where people invite members of the forum to watch and play games have no place in the Forum Games and Roleplaying part of the forum. Why? Why did I not see this? Why did all my years of life experience not deal me out the appropriate measure of insight and intelligence to recognise this? I suppose it is just my lot in life to suffer.

Your simply harrowing and outstanding words of "it's not an RPG if they don't cry DIE, FOUL ALIEN!" have simply shaken me to my core. What little soul I have left has been dramatically and forever twisted to this simply superior vision of game design. I shall rectify this immediately! I shall - before my heart gives out and the blackness that surrounds me is too much - inform others of this no oh-so apparent flaw in their understanding of roleplaying. No longer shall D&D be viewed to me as a wonderful piece of roleplaying, because, as I shall scream and protest about, it does not contain any Foul Aliens to kill. How foolish! Final Fantasies, all of them, nothing more than empty promises of Foul Aliens to kill, and yet they deliver nothing! Only now that my very being has been blasted into eternal sadness and despair can I see that games such as Halo are the pinnacle of RPG design. For they embrace the Foul Alien, and recognise that a man or woman need no more role to play other than the Killer of said Foulness.

So, through tears and streams of blood, I now see the folly of my ways. I fear that after such a profound and touching insight deep into my character, I am not much longer for this world. It's getting darker now. Such a fool - blind, damned, foolishg fool! - I was. The knife comes quicker now - take me, oh shiny deliverer of death promised! I go now into the night that I so deserve!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 07:50:59 pm by Dasleah »
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

Pages: [1] 2