Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26

Author Topic: Wizard Duel: Duel 5 - Game over! All Hail JanusTwoFace  (Read 35133 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel: Sign-ups (3 spots left!)
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 10:05:21 am »

Added a bunch of stuff to the rules section, mostly basic game rules and whatnot. But there are some specific differences between this game and other mafias, so you will want to read them over.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Re: Wizard Duel: Sign-ups (3 spots left!)
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 10:49:15 am »

JOIN!
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel: Sign-ups (2 spots left!)
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 02:24:48 pm »

I have decided that the game will start tomorrow morning. If we have 12, great, if not we'll start with what we have.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel: Sign-ups (2 spots left!)
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 02:45:54 pm »

Alright, I'll join up.  Combat with mafia can only be fun.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel: Sign-ups (just 1 spot left!)
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2009, 12:27:33 am »

im in

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel: Sign-ups closed!
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2009, 12:28:41 pm »

The cheers of lesser mages fill the Arena as the 12 contenders for title of High Mage walk out onto the floor. Striding forward, each one powerful and confident, the wizards greet their admirers. A Tournament like this happens maybe once a century, and whomever wins this contest shall become the new High Mage, master of all Wizards of the Realm and holder of the most powerful magical artifacts known to the world. It is a great prize, a great responsibility, and one you all hope to take for your own.

But there are dark rumors this year. Fearful whisperings that the Cabal of Dark Wizards has infiltrated the tournament and seeks to place one of their own up on the seat of High Mage. Should that happen, the country would be plunged into a time of horror and suffering unseen in living memory. You must not let this happen

Day 1 has started! It will go until ~10am Pacific Tuesday, or until everyone has voted, or until enough votes have been cast that the two duelists is ensured.

Remember, unlike normal mafia games the voting phase is only the set-up for the Duel. While you will want to ensure that the Dark Wizards are in the duel if you can, you are all also striving to become High Mage yourself, and removing some competition can be a good thing.

Also, you have two votes to cast, one for each Wizard you want to see in the Duel.

Also, please remember to send me your Affinities and Magic Color choices in a PM.

Have fun, and remember that this is the first time this is being run so things might be a bit unbalanced. We'll deal with that as things come up.
Come play Mafia with us!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Wizard Duel: Day 1 has started
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2009, 12:38:54 pm »

Greetings wizards, great and small!  Most especially to Jacksquirrel, for I have not seen you before in a mafia game.

Two questions for the mod quicklike:
- Can we change our votes, like a normal mafia?  The wording in the post is a little vague.
- Can we vote for ourselves or for the same person twice, should either situation be beneficial?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2009, 12:43:37 pm »

Good morning, everyone.  For this game I'll suppose we'll need to both get Dark Wizards into the match and convince enough people to support the other wizard in the dual to take the Dark Wizard out (Dark Wizards being significantly stronger than normal wizards).

I guess I shouldn't random vote until I find out whether we can unvote or not, heh.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2009, 12:44:50 pm »

You may change your votes, although if I declare the voting phase over all votes are locked at that point.

You may place one vote per mage, although you are free to vote for yourself.

Oh, and I forgot to mention. With 12 players there are 3 Dark Wizards.
Come play Mafia with us!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2009, 12:47:13 pm »

Well, in that case, I believe that Org and Jacksquirrel should be the first to fight.

In addition to general random vote logic, Org tends to lurk and Jacksquirrel is new (or at least not in any mafia I've been in).

Maybe this will force some activity out of both of them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2009, 12:56:54 pm »

Psst...his name is Jetsquirrel
Come play Mafia with us!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2009, 12:59:49 pm »

Oops.  Sorry.  I have no idea why I did that.  Actually, I think it might have been from Weirdo Mafia where we had Jackrabbit and Jack_Bread.  Jack on the brain as it where.

Anyways, Org and Jetsquirrel.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2009, 01:04:54 pm »

I vote for Org and SniHjen
So that im new in This mafia game you vote for me? and try to pull something out off me ? and really bad at that. Check Begginers mafia 2 for my first game
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 01:08:15 pm by Jetsquirrel »

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2009, 01:27:44 pm »

Ah, I didn't read Beginners Mafia 2.  And it's fine, just answer any questions that we put to you and interact with other people naturally.  Unless of course you are of the cabal, in which case you may not want to.  Either way, the goal is to use your responses to figure out more about you.

Inquiry for you:
If a match currently appeared to be evenly matched between an experienced player and a new player, who (if anyone) would you assist and why?  (This is assuming that you do not know if either is scum at the current point)

(Random comment: Don't edit posts, just keep posting new ones)

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2009, 01:31:06 pm »

what happens if you loose the match? you die?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26