Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seeds of Rejection  (Read 1603 times)

MickEfinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Seeds of Rejection
« on: November 03, 2007, 11:37:00 pm »

There's plenty of good seeds people are finding hither and yon, but what of the most timeless (and time consuming) of them all? The Seeds of Many Rejection.

This is my first one to crack a hundred, 105 to be exact, of a dozen creations. A testament of Toady's work no doubt.
beware Seed
if your pewter be slowe.

So how about it? What's the Longest you've had to wait? 50? A hundred like mine? More?

RSOG

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Seeds of Rejection
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 01:47:00 am »

Created in DF v0.27.169.33a.
[WORLD_GEN]
   [TITLE:STANDARD]
   [SEED:2907745192]

Rejected 186 times.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 01:26:00 pm »

I've had them around 100, but the worst one I've had was one with 56 rejections - at least 10 or more of those went all the way through making rivers & lakes. Several rejected on importing wildlife. The sheer number of rejections isn't really significant, but how long it takes to reject them is. My current map had 51, but they all shot by so fast it was less than one reject after importing wildlife.

I didn't save the seed for the bad one, though. Why would I want to go through THAT again...

Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Mithaldu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 01:36:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Paul:
<STRONG>I didn't save the seed for the bad one, though. Why would I want to go through THAT again...</STRONG>
Screensaver. :P

[ November 04, 2007: Message edited by: Mithaldu ]