Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Volatar TV Live - OFFLINE - Playing Age of Wonders II: The Wizards Throne Co-op  (Read 13136 times)

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist

Maybe a mix of both? People get points for winning and points for having cool ships.

Stops this from being an entirely visual or practical thing.

That sounds like a perfect idea.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fine, if people are showing their ships I may as well throw something together.
Ummm, I seem to have discovered a bug, my ship blows up whenever an enemy gets too close, I think that it probably has something to do with using gun sprites...

Also, I haven't figured out where the control is to change the depth of the sprite I vaguely remember doing it in the old version...

Is there some way to get new components to default to no glow? And does anyone in the community have a way of getting glow to work on their sprites? Not that I like glow, but some of these seem to be well-known sprite packs that aren't glowing right...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile

Glow doesnt like custom sections so everyone just turns glow to black ingame.

Are you sure it isnt on kamikaze AI?

And you can change depth by right clicking and pressing any of the buttons that say back or forward and similar, or just enter depth by hand with set depth.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, it doesn't happen when two of them fight each other, and there is a bit a distance between the target and the core, but to be honest I have no idea how kamikaze works... What exactly can be done with the AI? is there any way to manipulate which targets will be chosen? Or is it just, set range, set whether to stay at range, close, self destruct?, or circle around behind?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All you can do with the AI is to change its range and type. I think range is how far it stays from the enemy.

The types are normal, just shoots straight at the enemy, flanking, where it attempts to stay at the side of the enemy, broadside, where it turns the ship so its side points at the enemy, and kamikaze, where it flies towards the target and self destructs.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It was on normal, but I think it put itself on kamikaze on account of having no weapons, I fitted some weapons and it seems to work...

Is there a list somewhere of things that the AI cannot use? And are shield compatible with deflectors?
Read the First Post!

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What shield?

Im fairly certain that the AI can use everything.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know how they do it, but Shadowdump puts shields on ships if you research shields. If they are just a sprite that sits around the ship then mixing them with deflectors would have to be a big no-no, on account of the deflectors dramatically improving shield performance...

I wonder if there is a way to make a section stop interacting with bullets when a deflector is turned off...

Can the AI use that big electricity barrier thing? What about the super-guns that you have to manually target?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 05:17:48 am by RAM »
Read the First Post!

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The shields are sections, so yeah. My opinion still is that there shouldnt be deflectors.

Im guessing one could do something with triggers, but that would be really complicated.

I arent sure about the electricity barrier, I havent noticed the AI using them but the rest of the modules seem to be used, although sometimes poorly.
What do you mean by superguns, the module guns?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, like that one that only hits modules and weapons...
Read the First Post!

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist

Testing is the best way to find out. If the AI cannot control it though, it is 100% out of the competition. Sorry.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, that's great, means I don't have to worry about researching the wrong thing, I will just get an error message if I goof...

One small thing, what would be the difference between asking for dounle-strength continuous lasers three times and asking for lasers, then upgrading them to be continuous, then asking for their damage to be doubled? Meh, never mind, it would come down to a statistical analysis comparing the likelihood of getting anything at all to the value of partially achieving your research goals, definitely not worth the effort, unless you are into that sort of thing... I probably won't be researching any upgrades anyway, 2 weapons is so restrictive, even 5 would be a bit tight... Speaking of which, are we allowed to mod our point defence weapons to fire on other ships? Can the AI be convinced to change the interceptor mode? How many questions can I ask before someone explodes?
Read the First Post!

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist

are we allowed to mod our point defence weapons to fire on other ships?
No. I messed with that once and kept getting crashes.
Can the AI be convinced to change the interceptor mode?
?
How many questions can I ask before someone explodes?
And infinite number. I don't explode. I implode.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Can the AI be convinced to change the interceptor mode?
Not that I know of, I'm pretty sure interceptor mode is unique to player control.
How many questions can I ask before someone explodes?
I'll just forget.
I don't know how they do it, but Shadowdump puts shields on ships if you research shields. If they are just a sprite that sits around the ship then mixing them with deflectors would have to be a big no-no, on account of the deflectors dramatically improving shield performance...

I wonder if there is a way to make a section stop interacting with bullets when a deflector is turned off...

Can the AI use that big electricity barrier thing? What about the super-guns that you have to manually target?
I'll probably end up removing deflectors from such a ship entirely, leaving only the shield. Also, shields don't count towards your section count in my game.

That would be very nice, but I know of no such function, nor do I even know of a function that can keep the deflector from protecting a specific section.

The AI cannot use the flux projector, too complex in its usage I imagine. Every other module I have seen them successfully use. Even the grav beam, although it has this odd quirk that it requires surfaces to be on for them to use it.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are we there yet?
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8