Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Volatar TV Live - OFFLINE - Playing Age of Wonders II: The Wizards Throne Co-op  (Read 13102 times)

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist

Hahaha, I like it.

I am sorting out the technical problems behind this. Its coming Soon VST (Valve Standard Time)
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What are the stats on a dumbfire missile launcher? And why not just us an unmodified missile launcher or heavy rocket launcher?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

What are the stats on a dumbfire missile launcher? And why not just us an unmodified missile launcher or heavy rocket launcher?
The original reason was to give players something to research for. And it's the exact same stats just with 0 missile turning.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cool!
Are we allowed to reduce the stats of a weapon, reducing the range on a turret to have it focus on close defence for example?
Could we get a bonus for fixed weapons with no turning at all?
Is there an easy way to get a very narrow laser beam and would it still work if it had 0 damage?
Could we add a laser sight to turrets?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Are we allowed to reduce the stats of a weapon, reducing the range on a turret to have it focus on close defence for example?
I don't see why not, you wouldn't really gain a unfair advantage, more likely than not you'll be hindering the full damage potential of your ship, but it's totally plausible.
Could we get a bonus for fixed weapons with no turning at all?
However this could likely give a unfair advantage, especially on turrets, where such a modification would mean nothing.(unless your modifying the turret itself to not turn, but that would be a strange decision)
 If you want any such bonus, you may consider trying for 'fixed/spinal weapons' as a research attempt.
Is there an easy way to get a very narrow laser beam and would it still work if it had 0 damage?
Could we add a laser sight to turrets?
Pretty much the mining beam, scaled down considerably they work very well. So long as there is no damage I'd allow such cosmetic items. But don't try doing this sort of thing with anything that shoots a projectile, as those could distract or otherwise absorb PD fire.(yes, even the ones that can't be targeted by PD, those will still absorb a PD shot if they collide)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Woohoo! Mining beam, here I come!

*sighs* Just not happy with my turret, I can't seem to get it to work right without mounting an extra weapon at the exact centre of the turret which is parented to a section other than the turret.

How do other people do turrets?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 05:12:07 am by RAM »
Read the First Post!

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile

Just like that.
How were you making them before?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The anchor weapon was on the turret, it worked great, but could rotate indefinitely...

Somewhat related, I cannot make head nor tail of the triggers. Is there a way to cause something to happen due to the ship changing its heading?
 Is there a way to have a section be destroyed when another section is destroyed that doesn't involve parenting?
 Can a section rotate without causing its children to rotate?
Read the First Post!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

The anchor weapon was on the turret, it worked great, but could rotate indefinitely...
Parent the driver to the section underneath.
Somewhat related, I cannot make head nor tail of the triggers. Is there a way to cause something to happen due to the ship changing its heading?
Nay. I've experimented heavily in this area, and I kept coming up with nothing. The best you could do is have multiple missiles in various key locations.
Is there a way to have a section be destroyed when another section is destroyed that doesn't involve parenting?
Nay. But you can get fancy enough with parenting if you know what you're doing.
Can a section rotate without causing its children to rotate?
No, but you can imitate such by parenting the children to a small section below the rotating section, and parenting that to the hidden section as well.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*sighs* I made up some shaded sections and wanted them to never rotate(rotate opposite to the rotation of the ship) while having the details of the section be a separate section that would rotate normally(not actually rotate at all). The shaded section has more surface, so it would be better for damage soaking, but it would rotate relative to the ship, so the children would be all over the place. But I could add a border to the detail section and it would soak most of the damage and I could parent the shaded section to the detail section and leave the shaded section childless. But this is all a moot-point as the rotation effect wouldn't work anyway...
Read the First Post!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile

Yeah that's out of the scope of the game. Sorry bro.

Also: weapons that can't turn won't fire.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Also: weapons that can't turn won't fire.
Except for missile based weapons. And those that are slaves(links). And when you employ the 'force fire' trigger.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*sighs* I made up some shaded sections and wanted them to never rotate(rotate opposite to the rotation of the ship) while having the details of the section be a separate section that would rotate normally(not actually rotate at all).
You can create a non rotating section by making a turret thats driver has 0 turning.

EDIT: Some testing has proved that it works perfectly.
EDIT 2:
Did you mean like this or with individual sections?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 04:54:07 am by cerapa »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, that looks good, but I could have sworn that 0 turning didn't work that way, although your screenies are very compelling...

Just set it to 0 turning you say?

Hmmm, you presumably used an unmodified blaster...

Setting its arc to 180...

Woohoo! What a wonderful bug you have discovered!(or at least it seems like a bug, it doesn't exactly match normal operating procedure...)

Attempts to test its effectiveness under combat conditions(rotation caused by ship damage) have been frustrated thus far, but I will definitely give this a shot. Many thanks!
Read the First Post!

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Guns rotate independantly from the ship. They try to face their original direction, but if they turn slower than the ship itself, then they get left behind basically and try to catch up. I dont think its a bug, unless it got fixed very oddly.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8