Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 101

Author Topic: RAW travesties and AI: "Auto Revenging Ass"  (Read 347292 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

giant axoloth butted slug men. What the hell would that look like. slug men with axoloth bears' butts, and enormous?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

24 vulturtle wolves

It is terrifying.

427994 giant great mountain men

Totally not minmaxing.
One wheel short of a wagon

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: 51192 hungfish (click to show/hide)

Oh myy.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam

Hey guys, I started a thread for posting travesty creature mods here - hope you have fun modding!

Anyway, some site and pops travesties:
10 basiliant
303 fly beak
10 giant basilisks
10 groutcasts
104 skythy Bears
50 animaters
2 cave snails
10 basilind trolls
6 scorpider chicken
2395: Muck trollocs
2 geeseizure
Parent cave cocks
9 bulled Umciins
25 chimeroses
2 retreant basilisks
Unnumber men
10 basilistrigorlocks

And finally:
100 clopest trolls

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile

Bear dwarves.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam

For those interested, I compiled a list of all site_pops travesties so far here - feel free to look it over and take any of them and turn them into actual in-game creatures!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bear dwarves.

In response to this, I made a bear dwarf race by smooshing some bear traits in with dwarves. They are bear-sized with fur and beards, also they have bear-appropriate claw + bite attacks. Lessened agility an d higher strength. The move at a slightly faster pace than regular dwarves because you cannot outrun bear.

Does anyone know what happens when you give an alcohol-dependent creature [guzzler]? I feel like the results should be amusing.

I am going to make an entity now.

::EDIT::
1- I changed Baron to Bearon. I am a clever jokesmith.
2- It's done, time to test. They are more martially-inclined and unpredictably violent than dwarves. They also place more emphasis on family and isolation. They can also eat you.
3- -snip- totes mcgoats made my own sprites.

Who wants some bear-dwarf civ? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=163728.msg7420248#msg7420248
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 01:05:40 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For those interested, I compiled a list of all site_pops travesties so far here - feel free to look it over and take any of them and turn them into actual in-game creatures!

Speecho the Trustworm is a giant pink earthworm-based megabeast. Only one can exist, and he is packed with useful phrases and trivia! He has a trustworthy moustache. Additionally, he breathes fire and wants to be your best friend.

Will update when complete. Ok this one was a lot of fun.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=163737.0 <- Mod Page
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 07:50:50 pm by Dunamisdeos »

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile

Bear dwarves.

In response to this, I made a bear dwarf race by smooshing some bear traits in with dwarves. They are bear-sized with fur and beards, also they have bear-appropriate claw + bite attacks. Lessened agility an d higher strength. The move at a slightly faster pace than regular dwarves because you cannot outrun bear.

Does anyone know what happens when you give an alcohol-dependent creature [guzzler]? I feel like the results should be amusing.

I am going to make an entity now.

::EDIT::
1- I changed Baron to Bearon. I am a clever jokesmith.
2- It's done, time to test. They are more martially-inclined and unpredictably violent than dwarves. They also place more emphasis on family and isolation. They can also eat you.
3- -snip- totes mcgoats made my own sprites.

Who wants some bear-dwarf civ? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=163728.msg7420248#msg7420248

Cool!

Now for other strange combos...
Goat elves and winged zebra goblins.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Sites and pops overdrive!
Spoiler: explanation (click to show/hide)

Parent lion of Culmous Confederacies, human

2 salting, dwarves

Owner: The Conqueroup, humans

lorderace, human

Owner: The Eviligned Realms, goblins

5 alpacasts

10 giant grizzly beasels

7 gilalrushmasked Pring of The Spiredness, humans

lady: Doomy Balrhyming, dwarves

2 water buffy watersapedstangeons

Owner: The Pregrizzly bears

24 jack bearspident ayers

lord: Mother, human

150 ratto Buds of Word: Mode Heat horses

5 gabbits

Owner: The Peekisses, goblins

9 forehogs

10 chick rattlesquirrels

3 sharkobolds

72 jump, humans

6273 beak Birthful Virginals

4995 fox squids

88 dwarvehatred, goblins

1 wilded Hatchpaint Triflingmoths

8683 wolf mandrilus men

3 cyclopean sunfishers

247677 nake men

Owner: Kissbuttone, human

103811 grizzly beetle man outcastlefish men

500 giance of Immoralizard, crones

4420 polarly Delight-Sheels

168328 frillarmadillos

66 dwarved Sacrifistlolins

66280 elephantoms of Quills

555 spiny Leaping magma crabs

46 waterbrunches

8288390 purringchanter brutes,

41707 fluffy wambridledequalition men

190 horseshoe cronesponges,

66 goat masked muskoxen

472874 hamstrancemonstrussels

And finally:
152 cockadingoes
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm sorry, but can someone explain to me what all this "travesty" stuff is all about? From what I gather it seems to be something that allows you to combine creatures?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

A "travesty generator" is an algorithm that takes a certain input text, makes a note of all letter and symbol combinations that occur in the text (ofto a certain length, known as the "travesty level"), and then creates an output text by stringing together those letter and symbol combinations from the original text in new and exciting ways. A perhaps better known name for the concept is "Dissociated Press".

The Travestificator, linked in the OP, is a program I wrote in VC# (I think...) that uses that algorithm along with a few bells and whistles. The common use for it includes using various Dwarf Fortress raw definitions as inputs, and picking interesting-looking faux tags out of the result. What you see above is created by using a "sites and pops" file as the source, which usually has a list of all creatures existing in a generated world - thus the outcome is a listing of various funny and nonsensical creatures.

prepost edit: Note to PTTG: Dropbox took down all Public links in general, and my links in particular seem to have been suspended for excessive traffic. For some reason. Here's a googledrive link to put in the OP instead: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-dH7h5-e_uQWTdnNXlhS2xjUkk
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 02:44:20 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can put anything you want into it, and it jumbles it up amusingly. You can choose how badly it jumbles it.

It was originally used for creature raws and the like, but we started feeding things like books and star trek episodes into it to great effect.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can put anything you want into it, and it jumbles it up amusingly. You can choose how badly it jumbles it.

It was originally used for creature raws and the like, but we started feeding things like books and star trek episodes into it to great effect.

It jumbles it up in such a way that the product is in correct DF raw syntax?
But then how could it understand English syntax as well without any changes?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 101