Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296

Author Topic: +The Engravers Guild+  (Read 362729 times)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: +The Engravers Guild+
« Reply #4410 on: March 07, 2015, 04:19:09 pm »

Right. Thanks.

Spreggo

• Bay Watcher
  • A vile force of darkness has arrived!
    • View Profile
    • skullsprout games
« Reply #4411 on: May 04, 2015, 01:38:30 pm »

Hey guys -

I'm still alive and still working on art! I wanted to share some of my recent work here and hopefully show that I've improved a bit since I started +The Engravers Guild+ !

I haven't always kept up on practice (other careers and life interfering) but I've been working pretty seriously at it for the past couple of years, and before that I spent quite some time studying oil painting as well.

Anyway, here is some of the new stuff!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

http://spreggo.tumblr.com/

I'll try to post more here if I have time. I also work with a group of artists on reddit where we practice and give advice/encouragement. We use a google hangout and screenshare the stuff we are working on which works pretty well. http://www.reddit.com/r/artquest

Anyways, hope you all are doing well :) Keep practicing!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: May 04, 2015, 03:25:19 pm »

wow, really impressive faces. Love that second pic, best of them I think. Like, WOW!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: May 04, 2015, 05:45:05 pm »

Damn, dude! I love them, they're so expressive.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: May 05, 2015, 01:32:33 am »

Really great, Spreggo.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: May 05, 2015, 09:44:33 am »

Shit dude.
Also number two looks like some advertisement for the Internet or some other software back in the 90's.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Spreggo

• Bay Watcher
  • A vile force of darkness has arrived!
    • View Profile
    • skullsprout games
« Reply #4416 on: May 05, 2015, 01:01:33 pm »

Shit dude.
Also number two looks like some advertisement for the Internet or some other software back in the 90's.

For some reason I tend to default to a 90's book cover style :P Maybe I should do some Fear Street illustrations!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: May 24, 2015, 12:05:43 pm »

The set of example magic circles I decided to make is finally done. Sadly, I mistakenly saved only an old version of the Shamanism one when I did a Windows format last weekend; I now have only the png. All the path and layer data and stuff is lost, so if I want to play around with it I'll have to redo it and it won't be quite the same.

Spoiler: Alchemy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mysticism (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Necromancy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shamanism (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Worship (click to show/hide)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: August 11, 2015, 04:26:48 am »

This must not die!

A picture I drew while being bored, and decided to go with it. This was for the RP game down in the Forum and Roleplaying Games section, Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural.

Not amazing quality.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #4419 on: August 11, 2015, 02:26:41 pm »

Since this is alive again:

Somewhat low-effort self portrait, mostly in 2B and 2H pencil. Roughly an hour of time. Does not actually look exactly like me, alas.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: August 13, 2015, 10:12:10 pm »

can anyone recommend some good Blender tutorials? I'd like to use it mainly for landscapes and structures (and putting those two together.) It's kind of frustrating me because I come from a CAD background and the lack of precision in being able to manipulate solids is a big gap for me in re-educating myself in these kinds of modelling tools.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: August 14, 2015, 03:54:42 pm »

I don't have any Blender tutorials to recommend, Most are, annoyingly, in video form.

A few things that may help with precision:
{g}rab, {x} (or {y} or {z}, or shift-X/Y/Z to exclude them), {-1.5}, {enter}, to move the selected object or verts -1.5 units along the x-axis. (Also, {r}otate and {s}cale.)

There is a toggle for "Snap during transform" in the bottom of the 3D view window, with a magnet icon. Set it to face or edge and it might help, but it's a bit wonky.

{o} toggles proportional editing mode. This moves verts close to the selected ones. Move the mouse wheel to change how far it reaches. You might find this useful if you're moving verts in edit mode instead of sculpting.

The right pull-out tab on the 3D view has exact coordinates for the center of the select. You can change them.

I'm not great, but I might be able to help if you have any specific questions. Feel free to PM me. (Or just post them here, I guess. General art thread; if it inspires someone to play around with Blender, then I'd say that it's probably on-topic.)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: August 17, 2015, 02:56:45 pm »

So here's something I've been working on for the past two weeks or so, not entirely sure, time has been iffy lately and I haven't been that productive anyways:
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: August 18, 2015, 05:06:34 am »

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: September 01, 2015, 08:23:10 pm »

Spoiler: SPESS (click to show/hide)

So this is me painting a Spaceship overlooking a gas giant. And I really wanted  to ask if someone has any Idea or could point me to an example of how to shade the floor behind the window, because I really can't figure it out.
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296