Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296]

Author Topic: +The Engravers Guild+  (Read 358083 times)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: +The Engravers Guild+
« Reply #4425 on: September 02, 2015, 12:31:24 am »

Nice. The shading is pretty good. Interesting windows.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4426 on: September 02, 2015, 03:04:37 am »

Well you gotta think about the material the floor is made out of. If it's going to be reflective or not. What colour is it originally, this, combined with its reflectivity and the angle that we're looking at it from affects how it looks. As far as the shadow goes. Don't make it black, remember that shadows are more defined the closer they are to the thing that's casting them. So right next to the wall it's going to have a crisp edge which gets more diffused the further away from it you go. And never go pure black for shadows, that just makes it look flat or like a black cloud, you still need to be able to tell what's in there, slight variations in value help this greatly.
Also as far as tones go, the general rule of thumb is warm light-cool shadow and cool light-warm shadow.

Hopefully any of this makes sense :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: September 02, 2015, 10:57:18 pm »

Well you gotta think about the material the floor is made out of. If it's going to be reflective or not. What colour is it originally, this, combined with its reflectivity and the angle that we're looking at it from affects how it looks. As far as the shadow goes. Don't make it black, remember that shadows are more defined the closer they are to the thing that's casting them. So right next to the wall it's going to have a crisp edge which gets more diffused the further away from it you go. And never go pure black for shadows, that just makes it look flat or like a black cloud, you still need to be able to tell what's in there, slight variations in value help this greatly.
Also as far as tones go, the general rule of thumb is warm light-cool shadow and cool light-warm shadow.

Hopefully any of this makes sense :D

This actually does make a fair deal of sense. Thanks!

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: September 27, 2015, 01:34:58 pm »

Been doing a bit of drawing recently, so I'm going to deposit some here.

Inspired by Kyzrati's Cogmind (Roguelike), and spending a lot of time reading stories to my daughter. Imagining when she can finally get into roguelikes ...

Now I just need a really incompetent publisher, and a bit of luck ...

Svampapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: September 28, 2015, 01:06:03 pm »

:o

I really, really, like that.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: September 28, 2015, 09:10:45 pm »

Amazing!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: October 26, 2015, 06:51:45 am »

I think rouglikes would be much more popular if every had a manual/tutorial in the form of a childrens book :D

So in case you guys have been wondering about my lack of digital stuff, here's something that's been eating up most of my time and willpower over the past few weeks, could've finished it a long time ago but I'm a lazy unmotivated bum most of the time so it's slow going:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And I've looked at it long enough that a fresh pair of eyes is very welcome
AS - IG

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: October 26, 2015, 09:18:43 am »

That's a really awesome take on an illithid. (It's an illithid right?) In terms of technical stuff its kind of beyond me at this point, but for an illithid it's quite human-looking. Take that how you will!

Still a great picture though.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: October 27, 2015, 07:26:29 am »

I can see why you'd think it's an ilithid but no, it's a regular eldritch horror from another dimension or something.

And thanks, it's nice when more than two people like an idea :D
AS - IG

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: October 28, 2015, 01:51:33 pm »

I can see why you'd think it's an ilithid but no, it's a regular eldritch horror from another dimension or something.

And thanks, it's nice when more than two people like an idea :D

Lol, ye olde eldritch horror. Is it evil though? That's question, it/he/she looks kind of evil, but the colors make me think natural/neutral/good. So consider that then. Like, I don't feel the eldritch horror of looking at this eldritch horror, really it gives off more of an anti-hero vibe rather than being villainous or EEEVIIIL!!!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4435 on: November 25, 2015, 01:59:58 pm »

As it turns out it is good/neutral. It's also finished, probably shouldn't share it anywhere yet but I don't give a fuck, he's given me enough trouble already.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
AS - IG

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4436 on: January 28, 2016, 09:48:23 pm »

PTW.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4437 on: January 29, 2016, 06:30:58 pm »

PTW.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296]