Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 60

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge  (Read 65763 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2009, 07:02:02 am »

Alright, before I do anything else, is it just that you have a role that forces you to type in all caps Pandar? Am I missing something?

NO!!! I'M JUST ENJOYING DOING THIS FOR FUN!!! :D
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2009, 07:17:25 am »

Hey everyone, especially Cheeetar.

I know of JanetFourEyes, who can go to someone's house each night and convince anyone aiming to kill him to instead inspect him.

Hey Cheeetar, if you were JanetFourEyes, who would you protect, given the current information?

Hey Redwarrior, can you ask some questions about that role? The vagueness is probably intended, but try to glean what you can off Leafsnail.
I'd probably inspect Zaithemaster. People who say 'I will randomly vote' always seem suspicious to me, as if they're only going along with the crowd to avoid suspicion.

Wait, that's not what I asked. You misunderstood, the Janet role doesn't inspect, it protects. It forces whomever attacks into inspecting their role instead of attacking. That's the way I understand it, atleast.

Sorry Josh, I was confuse. If I could use this ability on myself, I would do so. If not, I would use it on Pandarsenic. I can easily see someone gunning for him because he could be faking a role, but I would prefer he be investigated first.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2009, 08:24:54 am »

MOD: Can any role be town or scum or they are balanced according what each one of them does?

Also, can we get a votecount.  Please?

Hey Cheeetar, if you were JanetFourEyes, who would you protect, given the current information?
josh... outguessing a protection is NOT cool.  That's NOT scumhunting.  Totally anti-town. 

Ok... Everyone needs to claim their extra role info.  Who hasn't done yet?  I've got my reasons to go last so I will wait for everyone to do before me.

The extra role and who gave the info away.
Spoiler: "Jetpigeon (Toony)" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Mr.Person (Dracron)" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "ChAoTiCjIm (Meph)" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Alex-chan (Boksi)" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Drakonian (Cheetar)" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Arg (redwarrior)" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "JanetFourEyes (Josh)" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "ARCHCHERUB (Pandar)" (click to show/hide)

@Pandar... anything else you can tell us about Archerub?  Also... please don't tell me you have a CAPS post restriction. mmm... I guess not or you aren't allowed to tell us.  It's annoying, man.  I read CAPS like very loud talk or shouting.  It hurts my ears.  If you can.  Stop it.  If you can't... Mod... Damn you.

@Web.  At this point.  You might better claim if you are Archerub or not.

Mod... something I don't like is the fact that you're allowing quoting pms... that's not very nice for scum.  Anyway... given that this is like an open setup (all roles are out in some way or another) I don't get why you only partially give them to us.  It seems to be just to drag time.

ToonyMan:  Gave out info.
chaoticjosh.  Gave out info.  Asked Cheetar about doc protection.
Pandarsenic  DIDNT give info.  All caps.  Wonders about web's mildness.
Zaithemaster  Gave out info.
Mephansteras  Gave out info.
Archangel  Gave out info.
Diakron  Gave out info.
Mr.Person  Gave out info.
Cheeetar  Gave out info.
dakarian  DIDNT give info
webadict  Claims to have no info. 
RedWarrior0  Gave out info.
brothernature DIDNT give info
Boksi  Gave out info.
Alexhans  DIDNT give info yet.

Its ironic that Archangel votes someone who didn't speak yet in his first post... and then he never speaks again.

RedWarrior0, Archangel have posted only once and to add nothing other than their role info.  People in general are doing the same thing as always... Hang around and wait for active people to fight each other.

Pandarsenic, dakarian, brothernature NEED TO GIVE OUT THEIR EXTRA ROLE INFO.

if someone can be a good lad and assemble an unofficial votecount I would be glad.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2009, 08:56:53 am »

I had a feeling about that.  The whole 'can't say anything' was just enough to shine a spotlight, nothing more.

However, you don't need a role to scumhunt.  I know he can scumhunt, role or no role.  He's not scumhunting now. 

Btw, Panda, does web's role make him less or more scum? 
Well, mostly because I was busy. I've had things to do and I had a lot more time in this one since it just started. And I don't have to random vote this time!

Seemed a liiiittle too obvious.
Ummm, I haven't gotten my role yet...

Aaand, that would appear to be because I'm not on the list.  Darn.  I thought this meant "I'll sign up:"

Well, I'm willing to try this out.
You can be up for replacement in case someone goes AWOL.
TOONY: SO I GUESS WE HAVE HIDDEN VOTING ROLES

FRELOCK: WHAT DO YOU MEAN "YET"?
No, dude.  Look what it says... He will know wich role voted him.
I know about Dracron. Because they're so similar, all night actions going to Drakonian go to Dracron and vice versa. Does not effect Drakonian if he's doing the action or if one of the 2 is dead. Identical twins, in other words.

Yo yo yo, Alexhans, wat up, G?
Do you really think that random voting me is your best course of action?

Vote Boksi.  I know you're around.  Come and post.

I see people posting the role information they have been given...

Do you guys think that is the best course of action?  Should we MC the role info we've got just like that?  Shouldn't we handle it with a bit more caution and let everybody chip in before we make such a desition?

If we MC role info It's very probable that we'll end up pushing for a full MC wich might or might not be advisable.
You don't normally ask people about things, silly goose! MC's don't come out of nowhere. And the funny thing is that you want me to claim.

MOD: Can any role be town or scum or they are balanced according what each one of them does?

Also, can we get a votecount.  Please?

josh... outguessing a protection is NOT cool.  That's NOT scumhunting.  Totally anti-town. 

Ok... Everyone needs to claim their extra role info.  Who hasn't done yet?  I've got my reasons to go last so I will wait for everyone to do before me.

The extra role and who gave the info away.
Spoiler: "Jetpigeon (Toony)" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Mr.Person (Dracron)" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "ChAoTiCjIm (Meph)" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Alex-chan (Boksi)" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Drakonian (Cheetar)" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Arg (redwarrior)" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "JanetFourEyes (Josh)" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "ARCHCHERUB (Pandar)" (click to show/hide)

@Pandar... anything else you can tell us about Archerub?  Also... please don't tell me you have a CAPS post restriction. mmm... I guess not or you aren't allowed to tell us.  It's annoying, man.  I read CAPS like very loud talk or shouting.  It hurts my ears.  If you can.  Stop it.  If you can't... Mod... Damn you.

@Web.  At this point.  You might better claim if you are Archerub or not.

Mod... something I don't like is the fact that you're allowing quoting pms... that's not very nice for scum.  Anyway... given that this is like an open setup (all roles are out in some way or another) I don't get why you only partially give them to us.  It seems to be just to drag time.

ToonyMan:  Gave out info.
chaoticjosh.  Gave out info.  Asked Cheetar about doc protection.
Pandarsenic  DIDNT give info.  All caps.  Wonders about web's mildness.
Zaithemaster  Gave out info.
Mephansteras  Gave out info.
Archangel  Gave out info.
Diakron  Gave out info.
Mr.Person  Gave out info.
Cheeetar  Gave out info.
dakarian  DIDNT give info
webadict  Claims to have no info. 
RedWarrior0  Gave out info.
brothernature DIDNT give info
Boksi  Gave out info.
Alexhans  DIDNT give info yet.

Its ironic that Archangel votes someone who didn't speak yet in his first post... and then he never speaks again.

RedWarrior0, Archangel have posted only once and to add nothing other than their role info.  People in general are doing the same thing as always... Hang around and wait for active people to fight each other.

Pandarsenic, dakarian, brothernature NEED TO GIVE OUT THEIR EXTRA ROLE INFO.

if someone can be a good lad and assemble an unofficial votecount I would be glad.

You're going on about me when you haven't even claimed any info? Yeah, go figure. Let's cast suspicion on him and what-not. What possible reason could you have to go last...? Also, don't rolefish.

Alexhans. You just don't seem like you're trying. Well, I mean trying to help town.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2009, 09:24:33 am »

Quote from: Webadict
You don't normally ask people about things, silly goose! MC's don't come out of nowhere. And the funny thing is that you want me to claim.
What's supposed to mean that I dont ask people about things?  I was just wondering about all this claiming the role info we had.  After some people claimed their extra info then it's obvious that we need to make everyone else claim so that town has almost the same info as scum. 

And I can't not believe you to be that shortsighted.  I wouldn't want you to claim if it wasnt for nothing.  You claimed a weird ability and Pandar is telling us that it fits with that role. 

If you're not that role then someone else should be.  I don't see any harm in claiming if you are that role or not.  It's not like you have many pro-town abilities.

Also, define "funny".  Because that's what people say when they're trying to say something is scummy but they cant back it up.  You drop a mild attack out there but dont develop on it and then vote me? 

<censored cursing>

Quote from: webadict
You're going on about me when you haven't even claimed any info? Yeah, go figure. Let's cast suspicion on him and what-not. What possible reason could you have to go last...? Also, don't rolefish.
See?  you say "You're going on about me"...

I didn't particularly go on about you... I just posted the information I had... But you're acting pretty scared.

What possible reason would I have to go last?  what's wrong with you? 

It's something that will allow me to know if someone is scum or not based on all the "role info" that people give.

If someone claims after me then they can use what I will say to cover themselves.  If I claim last.  Then we will know where to look.

Dude... Do you know what rolefishing means???  I asked you to CLAIM.  that's not rolefishing.  That's being upfront.  When Pandar backed you up because he thought you were Archwhatever you didn't complain, right?
Quote from: webadict
Alexhans. You just don't seem like you're trying. Well, I mean trying to help town.
Lol... And you are?  more than me?   :D

You quoted my long posts and added brief sentences after them so it would seem as if you have posted something relevant? 

I encourage people to read Webadict's posts and then judge for themselves who's not even trying
You didn't do anything (it's ok, you may be excused by time constrains) and are trying to take me out from the get go?  Interesting. 

I'd rather let more people talk but for now:
BIG BLACK FOS Webadict.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2009, 11:27:18 am »

There's something weird about the way everybody converged on Webadict. It feels planned. Webadict isn't seriously defending himself, Alexhans is dogging him for no reason. I have this strange feeling that Webadict is getting bussed.

Before anybody says it, yes, that's insane. I'm going to ignore that feeling. However, it doesn't change the fact that Webadict is not seriously defending himself, so, to see what he says, I'm going to vote Webadict.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2009, 11:35:36 am »

Webadict isn't seriously defending himself, Alexhans is dogging him for no reason. I have this strange feeling that Webadict is getting bussed.
Can you develop on this "dogging" thing?  I don't quite get what you mean... 

When someone accuses other people of bussing right away I can only think that they're bussing themselves and hoping to link succesive lynches...

Do you think that Webadict, as scum, would purposely set himself up for a lynch on day 1 to clear his partner/s? 

I'd really like a votecount... Are you guys gonna make me do it?  :-[

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2009, 11:55:53 am »

The lights dim, and a dramatic note is heard!  What could be happening??

Oh wait, it's just the computer giving a votecount.  The words projected in blood red on the wall read:

chaoticjosh: Pandarsenic
brothernature: ToonyMan
Alexhans: webadict
Boksi: Mephansteras, Alexhans
Archangel: Diakron
dakarian: Zaithemaster, Archangel
webadict: brothernature, dakarian, Mr.Person
Cheeetar: chaoticjosh
Note: Your vote may appear twice if you didn't unvote before revoting.  Notify me of any mistakes.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2009, 11:58:48 am »

Thanks Leaf...

My cheerleader team was getting tired :P

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2009, 12:30:14 pm »

No, I don't think that you're bussing Webadict, that's why I said the idea was ridiculous, because it is, and I'll yell at anyone who thinks it isn't.

I brought up that nagging feeling because it exists, but I KNOW it's wrong. I just wanted to let you know that you're not "clear" if Webadict flips up scum.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Day 1 - The Title Finally Changes
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2009, 12:34:56 pm »

Oh, and no roles are indicative of alignment - any role could be town or scum.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2009, 12:57:46 pm »

Well, web did what I asked.  He's back to scumhunting. 

Alex, however, now bothers me.  You sound to be very panicy when someone votes for you, even in Random Vote.  Meanwhile, you are OMGUSing Web there and accusing him NOW that he's gotten around to actually accusing people.

Lastly, I do NOT buy your "everyone should claim but I'll claim last" argument.   You say you have reasons.  Well spill it.  Why are you pushing at others to give off their role while excusing yourself from doing the same?  Why MUCH you stay last.  That's information hoarding and it's not pro-town.

No, I didn't state my second roll yet.  However, I'm not playing the hypocite pushing people to do what I'm not doing. 

If you HAVE to have my claim then spill yours first.  After that, explain why you are forcing someone who apperently is all but declaring that their role DEMANDS that they don't talk about their role to CLAIM. 

Unvote  Vote Alexhans

As for the matter of alignment and role, there is ONE benefit: the roles we have can be used for good or evil.  If someone is using their role in such a way that they are actively hurting the town with it then it's scummy. 
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2009, 02:00:32 pm »

Well, web did what I asked.  He's back to scumhunting. 
reaaaally?  ::) signal me exactly where is he scumhunting...
Alex, however, now bothers me.  You sound to be very panicy when someone votes for you, even in Random Vote.  Meanwhile, you are OMGUSing Web there and accusing him NOW that he's gotten around to actually accusing people.
Do you think Im OMGUSING webadict?   Do you think Im voting him because he votes me??? Do you think so low of me?  no.  He hasnt been scumhunting and then voted me for crap reasons... It's pretty scummy in my book. 
Quote from: dakarian
Lastly, I do NOT buy your "everyone should claim but I'll claim last" argument.   You say you have reasons.  Well spill it. 
Dude... If I was a doc... Would you like me to claim?  NO!  Because it would be a stupid move... Claiming the information I have before someone does first is stupid.  But if enough people ask for it then I will.  I will not claim it for one or two people who don't know what's good for town.
Why are you pushing at others to give off their role while excusing yourself from doing the same?  Why MUCH you stay last.  That's information hoarding and it's not pro-town.
lol.  You're totally clueless.  You're taking <censored> without knowing about it.
No, I didn't state my second roll yet.  However, I'm not playing the hypocite pushing people to do what I'm not doing. 
No.  you're clearly an <censored> for calling me a hypocrite when I clearly stated that I didn't want to give out the info I had before everyone did because it could help find scum.

If you HAVE to have my claim then spill yours first.  After that, explain why you are forcing someone who apperently is all but declaring that their role DEMANDS that they don't talk about their role to CLAIM. 
Im not understanding a word you say but it's amazing how quickly you jumped from webadict to me after he did absolutely nothing to remove your suspicions. 

I'm starting to feel Mr.P might have a point regarding a buss... guesss we'll see in a bit.

As for the matter of alignment and role, there is ONE benefit: the roles we have can be used for good or evil.  If someone is using their role in such a way that they are actively hurting the town with it then it's scummy. 
and?  is someone doing that?  Are you saying something useful?

as a matter of fact... Im tired...

unvote, vote webadict

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2009, 02:10:36 pm »

The rest of you fools, just go along with what Alexhans says. What's the worst that can happen? No seriously, what's the worst possible role he could be, the guy who knows all the other roles in the game? If he's mafia, he already has a ton of info. If he's town, he's trying to find lying scum.

Just do whatever Alexhans says, unless you have a good reason not to. What he's asking for now is ok, he just wants to claim his known role last. Is that so unreasonable you have to blow up on him?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2009, 02:22:02 pm »

Suddenly, a small figure runs into the middle of the room.  The small figure is brandishing a hammer, and... what the... it seems to be Alexhans!  What is he trying to do?

He grins madly, and turns to address the assembled audience.

"Morning, everyone!  It's good to see all of you gathered here!!" he smiles an adorable smile.  There's a pause.

"What are you doing?" says Mr.Person, breaking the silence.

"I'm here to deliver democracy, Mr.Person-san!" says Alexhans, still as smiley as ever.  "And for that reason, webadict, I must ask you to die!"

"Woah!" says webadict, who is lurking around under a table, "Why should it happen now?  The day isn't over yet!"

"Yes, webadict-san!" says Alexhans, still grinning.   Hmm, one of his eyes is beginning to change colour.  That probably isn't good.  "But sometimes democracy can't wait!"  Before webadict can react, the small figure runs forwards and begins to attack with a hammer.  You hear yells and what sounds like incoherent Japanese, before webadict is finally left in a broken heap under the table.

Hmm, webadict's position all morning has been strange.  He has been under the table, and while he has said some stuff, he distinctly seems to be lurking.  Add this to the "Advanced Lurking Techniques" book in his pocket, and it would seem that he was ArchCherub!

You are ArchCherub.  Long hated for constant lurking, you now seek to prove 'em all wrong!  Unfortunately, the other players are weary of you, and have slapped a penalty on you.  You will not get a known role.  Good luck convincing the other players that this is the case.

You aren't entirely sure what should happen now.  You wait for webadict to transform, or explode, or something, but nothing interesting happens.  A quick search of his room reveals nothing untoward, so you work out that he was, in fact, Hotel Aligned.

All votes on webadict are off him, and on "abstain".  The day will continue to the previously stated deadline.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 02:27:46 pm by Leafsnail »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 60