Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 60

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge  (Read 65410 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge
« on: September 18, 2009, 04:35:14 pm »

Note: The following story is based on real events.  Some names have been changed to protect the innocent.  I'm aware it should be "Bay 12 Mafia Players' Mafia" [EDIT: Ugh, did I really put an apostrophe there?], but that's too long.  Also, bear in mind that when I refer to a role it will be in bold, but when I refer to a player it will not be.  The opening storyline is pretty long, sorry 'bout that.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyway, I can take 15 signups for Bay12 mafia.  The roles are (although you will not be told what they do unless you are the role or it is your "known role"):
Methilestesas
Alex-chan
Leafslug
LoonyMan
bookadict
Arg
ChAoTiCjIm
JanetFourEyes
Taitheproficient
Mrs.Human
Drakonian
Cobrarsenic
Jetpigeon
Dracron
ArchCherub

Tie results in No Lynch.

Players & Roleflips - Final Roundup:
ToonyMan - Methilestesas - Hotel Aligned
chaoticjosh - Cobrarsenic - ELF!
Pandarsenic - bookadict - Hotel Aligned
Zaithemaster - ChAoTiCjIm - CULTIST!
Mephansteras - Drakonian - ASSASSIN!
Archangel - Taitheproficient - Hotel Aligned
Diakron - Leafslug - DOPPELGANGER!
Mr.Person - Jetpigeon - Hotel Aligned
Cheeetar - Arg - Hotel Aligned
dakarian - Mrs.Human - Hotel Aligned
webadict - Archcherub - Hotel Aligned
RedWarrior0 - LoonyMan - Hotel Aligned
Frelock - JanetFourEyes - Hotel Aligned
Boksi - Dracron - Hotel Aligned
Alexhans - Alex-chan - Hotel Aligned
Flipped roles:
Archcherub:
Long hated for constant lurking, you now seek to prove 'em all wrong!  Unfortunately, the other players are weary of you, and have slapped a penalty on you.  You will not get a known role.  Good luck convincing the other players that this is the case.
LoonyMan:
You are LoonyMan.  You love getting into arguments.  A lot.  If you are lynched and your vote is on one of the people voting for you, that person is lynched with you.  Because double lynches are, like, the way forwards.
bookadict:
You are bookadict.  You are a magnet for hopelessly broken roles.  While you have no powers this round, the person receiving your role as their known role will think you have a godly power.
Drakonian:
You are Drakonian.  The similarity of name with Dracron confuses other players.  All night actions aimed for you will instead go to him, providing he's alive, and vice versa.  This ability will not work if it is Dracron targetting you.
Taitheproficient:
You are Taitheproficient.  Once you find yourself attached to a theory, you find it difficult to shake.  You get 2 votes, but you lose a vote each time you unvote (you cannot go into negative votes).  You vote total is reset to 2 each night.
Alex-chan:
You are Alex-chan.  You have a large and slightly worrying obsession with hammers.  Once per game, during the day phase, you can activate your ability via pm.  You will run up to the player who has the most votes and smash their head in with a hammer.  The day cannot end until at least 24 hours after this has happened.

By the way, this just happened by chance, but it is kind of funny, Alex-chan~!
Dracron:
You are Dracron.  The similarity of name with Drakonian confuses other players.  All night actions aimed for you will instead go to him, providing he's alive, and vice versa.  This ability will not work if it is Drakonian targetting you.
JanetFourEyes:
You are JanetFourEyes.  Quiet and analytical, you are perfectly placed to protect someone each night.  You can send me the name of the person you want to protect, and you will go to their house and convince a would be killer of that person that killing the player they were aiming for is a bad idea.  That player will hang around their house instead, however, and find out the protected players role.
Jetpigeon:
As a new and inexperienced player, the other players do not take you very seriously.  This means complacency, however, and after dark you will receive a list of all the roles who voted for you yesterday (though not who has which).  This ability will not work if you were lynched.
ChAoTiCjIm:
You are ChAoTiCjIm.  Lurkers.  Lurkers!  LURKERS!  You hate them with a passion.  You may strangle someone each night, but only if they've made 2 or fewer posts in the previous day.
Mrs.Human:
Man, the stress of lylo is just too much for you!  However, you've been taking assertiveness classes, and you think you can handle it now.  Unfortunately, this newfound assertiveness means that you cannot unvote during lylo.
Arg:
You are Arg.  You are often vague and unhelpful.  Every night you may pm me somebody's name.  You will then something something them.
Note: Arg is in fact a Secret Watcher, capable of determining who visits someone's room every night.
Cobrarsenic:
You are Cobrarsenic.  Man, that went badly.  Really badly.  That day may have cost your side the game.  However, you have an ace up your sleeve - when you are lynched, the day will reset back to its start, exactly how it was before.  All actions done that day will be reset, as will all votes, and a new deadline will be set for the end of the day.  This ability activates before you or any other evening kills roleflip, and it can only activate seven times once.
Methilestesas:
As a respected player, you are a magnet for Night Actions, from both a suspicious town and a worried mafia.  Once per game, during the night phase, you may activate your ability.  All night actions performed that night will happen to you instead of to their original targets.
Leafslug:
As game mod you get two known roles rather than one.  It is up to you whether to tell everyone both of them or not.
Fixed.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 05:57:51 pm by Leafsnail »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 04:37:16 pm »

IN

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 04:38:24 pm »

I feel I'm going to regret it, but count me in as well.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 04:41:02 pm »

I'm a... snake now? Who may have been replaced by a cyborg?

Okay. Sweet.

/in
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 04:41:51 pm »

Also, my fake name isn't bold in your flavor.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 04:44:25 pm »

I am definitely in this.

Question: Will the powers in this game be more like those in Vote Mafia or those in regular Mafia (Cop, Doctor, etc.)?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 04:57:16 pm »

I'm curious to see what the roles are like, so I'm in as well.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 05:17:56 pm »

Heh, this looks interesting. I'll spectate for now.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 05:27:08 pm »

I'm a... snake now?
Kept trying to think of something for your name, but couldn't think of another poison, so I changed the animal at the start.

Question: Will the powers in this game be more like those in Vote Mafia or those in regular Mafia (Cop, Doctor, etc.)?
They will be based, to a very loose extent, upon character traits and playing styles.  Or possibly arbitrarily based on a single event in one game.  There will be some roles that are roughly similar to traditional ones, and some that are rather different.

Also, bear in mind that you do not have to be a role to join, and you will not be forced to join if you are a role.  Sorry for not making that one clear :P.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 05:28:44 pm »

In

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 05:29:52 pm »

In
I thought you were banned from computers?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 05:30:23 pm »

In
I thought you were banned from computers?
Yeah, I think Ill have some slack as its a break!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 05:30:45 pm »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2009, 05:35:06 pm »

Well, I'm willing to try this out.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2009, 05:59:44 pm »

I'll give this a go too, what with Toon Mafia still being locked and me being dead anyway.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 60