Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 60

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge  (Read 65704 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2009, 02:36:43 pm »

Oh, by the way, tie results in No Lynch.  Forgot to say it before.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2009, 02:38:06 pm »

I'm not even going to look at certain roles being scum or town.  It does not work.  I have past games I can bring forth if provoked.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2009, 02:40:15 pm »

@ Alexhans: I tell people not to do full MC's all the time, but NOOOOOO! All the roles wind up getting claimed by day 3 at the latest.

How many mafia members are there, do we get to find that out? Let's just say that there are n mafia members. The mafia knows of 2n roles in the game, while each townsperson knows just 2. Since the mafia knows more than the town, the best thing to do is to just tell everybody everything so the town at least knows as much as the mafia does.

FAKEEDIT @ ToonyMan: Good, you learned your lesson. Remember Vote Mafia 2? Yeah, you better.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2009, 02:57:09 pm »

True, but what if there's a role that kills you for saying your role?

...I figured I'd say it, because I was debating putting something like that in Vote Mafia, but couldn't think of a real reason for it to fit.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2009, 03:09:04 pm »

...I figured I'd say it, because I was debating putting something like that in Vote Mafia, but couldn't think of a real reason for it to fit.
you risk it.  You're starting to worry me...   First you have no extra info now you say that there might be a role specially made to kill you if you reveal it...  Where's the bold Webadict I know?
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2009, 03:12:23 pm »

'Ey, I'm here. I'd rather not roleclaim though, since my power is only useful if it's unknown.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2009, 03:20:17 pm »

'Ey, I'm here. I'd rather not roleclaim though, since my power is only useful if it's unknown.

Well yes, we're only claiming the second role we know about.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2009, 03:20:30 pm »

Who said you should claim?  What about the other role info?  Do you have one?  (dont say it, just say if you do).  Anything else you'd like to add?

those @everyone tags can be answered by everyone, you know?

And you're leading in the scoreboard... it might be good to give some opinions about stuff.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2009, 03:50:25 pm »

Ah. Well, I do know Alex-chan.

He has a great, uh, love of hammers. Once per game, during the day phase, by sending a PM he can smash in the face of the person that has garnered the most votes with a hammer.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2009, 04:51:53 pm »

i know of Methilestesas, he is a magnet for Night Actions, from both a suspicious town and a worried mafia.  Once per game, during the night phase, he may activate his ability.  All night actions performed that night will happen to him.

Archangel are you going to join us?
Back to Mafia with me!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2009, 05:06:25 pm »

I see people posting the role information they have been given...

Do you guys think that is the best course of action?  Should we MC the role info we've got just like that?  Shouldn't we handle it with a bit more caution and let everybody chip in before we make such a desition?

It's what we've done in the past several Mafias with the you-know-one-role-besides-your-own rule (the 3 Vote Mafias and the first Weirdo Mafia). It's giving the town as much information on what the roles are as the scum. The scum will still know more of who is who, of course (they'll know each other's roles). But still.

If we MC role info It's very probable that we'll end up pushing for a full MC wich might or might not be advisable.

This only happens when there's easy evidence as to who is who (such as the vote counts in Vote Mafia (all the roles could be traced through their votes)), and there's only a few people left with unknown roles. We didn't get to this point (everyone claiming) in Weirdo Mafia because the roles weren't as easily traceable. So I don't think you should worry too much about a massclaim happening.

That Jetpigeon role sounds quite useful for both town and scum. Whoever has that needs to not get killed.

I know of Mrs.Human. This person cannot unvote in lylo.

It's a really specific role, and a pretty bad one at that.

But okay. I randomly vote dakarian.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2009, 05:14:27 pm »

I know of Drakonian.
His name is very similar to Dracron, and this confuses people. All night actions targeted at him will hit Dracron, if he is alive, and vice versa.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2009, 05:36:41 pm »

you risk it.  You're starting to worry me...   First you have no extra info now you say that there might be a role specially made to kill you if you reveal it...  Where's the bold Webadict I know?
I'm here. I'm just saying that because it's possible. Would you rather that no one brings up any other possibilities?

...Hm.

brothernature

• Escaped Lunatic
  • You really are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2009, 07:32:39 pm »

Vote: webadict for his avatar being...What ever the hell it is.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2009, 07:59:00 pm »

Vote: webadict for his avatar being...What ever the hell it is.

dude are you blind?? thats a penguin ... (insert term against BN's intelligence level)
Back to Mafia with me!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 60