Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 60

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge  (Read 65721 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Night 4 - Game Over! Scum Win!
« Reply #840 on: October 21, 2009, 02:46:07 pm »

It's been decided.  After much deliberation, it turns out that Mr.Person must be lying scum.  You put him in the middle of the Pentagram of Dramaticism, and hold your breaths.  Is he scum?  Is he town?  An incorrect lynch here could cost you the game.  Webadict draws the gun from Shot in the Dark Mafia from his pocket, and points it towards Mr.Person.  He frowns with concentration, but Mr.Person also draws something from his pocket.  Webadict gasps as he sees it... before smiling sadly.  "Looks like it's over" he says, and points the gun at himself.

Before anyone can stop him, the bullet drives home through webadicts skull.  At almost the same moment, a bolt of lightening leaps from the computer, striking Mr.Person dead.  You rush towards the body of webadict first, and fianlly remember from seeing his dead body that he was, in fact, Archcherub, and hotel aligned.

Long hated for constant lurking, you now seek to prove 'em all wrong!  Unfortunately, the other players are weary of you, and have slapped a penalty on you.  You will not get a known role.  Good luck convincing the other players that this is the case.
You see that Mr.Person has dropped a note on the floor... it seems to be the note containing his role and alignment!  It looks like he showed it to webadict just before he died.  The note seems to indicate that he was Jetpigeon, and Hotel aligned.
As a new and inexperienced player, the other players do not take you very seriously.  This means complacency, however, and after dark you will receive a list of all the roles who voted for you yesterday (though not who has which).  This ability will not work if you were lynched.
Worried about the loss of two hotel players, you begin to head to bed, but suddenly realise that Zaithemaster and Dakarian are not with you!  You look over at the other end of the room, and see Zaithemaster strangling Dakarian.  Dakarian attempts to struggle, but Zaithemaster seems to grip with the strength of a man gone insane.  It seems that Zaithemaster is ChAoTiCjIm!He also seems to be mumbling something about his great Gods... could Zaithemaster be a CULTIST?
You are ChAoTiCjIm.  Lurkers.  Lurkers!  LURKERS!  You hate them with a passion.  You may strangle someone each night, but only if they've made 2 or fewer posts in the previous day.
Zaithemaster drops Dakarian to the floor, with a triumphant look on his face.  "Run..." whispers Dakarian, "It's over... please save yourselves!  Leave Mrs.Human here to die!"  His strangulation by Zai seems to indicate that he was also a town aligned player.
Man, the stress of lylo is just too much for you!  However, you've been taking assertiveness classes, and you think you can handle it now.  Unfortunately, this newfound assertiveness means that you cannot unvote during lylo.
Wait, this means... 5 people.  3 scum.  Cheeetar puts his hands in the air.  "Fine!" he says, "I'll something something to you.  Please just don't something something me!!"  He attempts to something out of the room, but is cut short as a large piece of spinning wood strikes him in the upper body, causing it to collapse in a lump of gore!  From his vagueness and running-ness, it seems he was the hotel aligned Arg.
You are Arg.  You are often vague and unhelpful.  Every night you may pm me somebody's name.  You will then something something them.
The computer quickly prints off a sheet of paper, which reads:
Note: Arg is in fact a Secret Watcher, capable of determining who visits someone's room every night.
You turn in the direction that the piece of wood came from, and you see Chaoticjosh.  Or, rather, the space which was occupied with Chaoticjosh but which now contains an Elf... clearly part of the mafia.  Your newfound memories of the events of day one inform you that he is Cobrarsenic.
You are Cobrarsenic.  Man, that went badly.  Really badly.  That day may have cost your side the game.  However, you have an ace up your sleeve - when you are lynched, the day will reset back to its start, exactly how it was before.  All actions done that day will be reset, as will all votes, and a new deadline will be set for the end of the day.  This ability activates before you or any other evening kills roleflip, and it can only activate seven times once.
ToonyMan looks around grimly.  "Well, I guess this entire thing was my fault.  After all, who created the programme?"  He sighs deeply.  "Funny how inventions can come back to bite you like this.  It wouldn't be fair for me to survive now."  The hotel aligned Methilestesas looks resigned to his fate.
As a respected player, you are a magnet for Night Actions, from both a suspicious town and a worried mafia.  Once per game, during the night phase, you may activate your ability.  All night actions performed that night will happen to you instead of to their original targets.
Diakron's skills at disguise and stealth are not needed.  He approaches Methilestesas from in front, while morphing into a terrible Doppelganger.  Methilestesas puts on a weak smile, and says:
"See you in hell, Leafslug"

You are Leafslug.  As game mod you get two known roles rather than one.  It is up to you whether to tell everyone both of them or not.
Leafslug smiles, a disgusting, evil smile, and rams his claws home without saying a word.  Methilestesas is killed instantly, giving him no more time to reflect on the monster he created.

Game over.  Diakron, Mephansteras, Chaoticjosh and Zai win.  In case you were wondering, todays mislynch meant 7 players/ 3 scum, and the scum's 2 NKs (one by Zai, one by Dak or Josh) would've brought it to 5 players/ 3 scum.  So I decided to go for a dramatic ending, with all roleflips made as part of the story.  I hope you enjoyed it, and sorry about the rather inactive ending.

More info about roles, chats, actions and stuff will be posted shortly.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge
« Reply #841 on: October 21, 2009, 02:49:07 pm »

Chats:
Deadchat (laughably inactive, due to no medium type roles.  Oh well, never mind):
http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/sKNHrJmuKf7

Scumchat (see Chaoticjosh's day one posts if you want a good laugh):
http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/yEjqrpmaNc2G

Role pms and night actions coming shortly.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: October 21, 2009, 02:50:41 pm »

I probably could've tried harder on this one...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: October 21, 2009, 02:51:18 pm »

Awesome.  Yeah.

Crazy scum team.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 02:53:30 pm by ToonyMan »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: October 21, 2009, 02:52:49 pm »

Question, webadict: What made you think Zai was confirmed town?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: October 21, 2009, 02:53:08 pm »

Question, webadict: What made you think Zai was confirmed town?
Probably the fact I didn't care any more.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: October 21, 2009, 02:53:12 pm »

Seriously. I was honestly frustrated with you web. If it wasn't for the fact that I was scum I'd have been even more frustrated. One of the best scum-hunters on the site becomes confirmed townie and you barely do anything with it? Such a waste.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: October 21, 2009, 03:07:47 pm »

Well, I was right about Josh and Person.  My Person vote was in support of Web since I had stopped trusting myself after Boksi.

Zaith fooled everyone it seems.  Diakron is just plain hard to read overall :P.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: October 21, 2009, 03:16:13 pm »

At least the fact it was mylo rather than lylo meant your penalty role didn't come into play.

Still not much consolation, I guess.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: October 21, 2009, 03:45:27 pm »

My only consolation was that I was right about Choticjosh.  He did revive Web just to look town.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: October 21, 2009, 03:49:59 pm »

Wow.

This scum chat is impressive. I'm very impressed by the work the scum did.

I guess that's why this game was so long, huh? Three cunning, manipulative scum playing all angles, causing extraordinary amounts of infighting and misdirection, purposefully lengthening the discussion to tire everyone out, and then their partner Diakron.

That was an interesting game to watch, even if I mostly skimmed over all the walls of text.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: October 21, 2009, 04:10:03 pm »

Woah, reading through the scum chat.

Scum decided to kill me Night 1.  I feel so special.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: October 21, 2009, 04:26:19 pm »

I'm a mini-WA?

O.o

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: October 21, 2009, 04:29:55 pm »

Yeah, I wasn't really paying attention, too. I was at fault as much as Webadict was.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: October 21, 2009, 04:30:21 pm »

Hmmm, I have a very good win record as scum. Nifty.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 60