Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge  (Read 65744 times)

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge
« Reply #855 on: October 21, 2009, 04:41:01 pm »

Three cunning, manipulative scum playing all angles

lulwut

I wasn't cunning or manipulative. Had web actually listened to Cheeetar, my "confirmed" townieness in his eyes would have been ruined. I tried to play this game like I was town, but I still ended up too passive (which some townies commented on). I held back on being as aggressive as I normally am, because I did have something to lose as scum; as town after my death, my suspicions could be given more weight than while I was alive; as scum after death, my actions might incriminate my scum buddies. My passiveness could probably be explained away with my sickness, though. Speaking of being sick, that probably helped get what little pressure there was off of me. When I said I was sick, people kind of backed away. I was legitimately sick though; it wasn't an excuse to get less scrutiny or something.

Dakarian complying with Web's order of 1 post only helped us win sooner. He apparently didn't think of me (ChaoticJim) being scum and having a mislynch during the day letting us win. As Leafsnail commented in the scum chat, ChaoticJim was actually a better role for us this game than a regular vigilante role would have been. On Day 3 I believe it was, the 0-2 posts per day requirement for the kill kept me from killing Diakron as Web had wanted (Diakron had posted 3 times), which might have slightly affected people's suspicions.

The one thing I regret somewhat: being on a scum team with Josh and not having a massive argument. We meant to...but never got around to doing it. Circumstances weren't right, and we didn't really need to; it would have just prolonged the game, it turns out. It was just supposed to be the ultimate HA! type thing. Speaking of which, Josh wanted to be the killer of Web in the night (revenge or something), but Leafsnail didn't go with that in the flavor text, instead having M.P kill the organizer of his execution. =X

If I weren't scum, I would have still gone after Diakron. I thought he was just so obvious, it was ridiculous.

[Pre-Post Edit:] M.P, you weren't at fault as much as Web. Web wasted his confirmed townieness, something no single townie's mistakes can compare to. The overall bandwagon mentality was pretty damn terrible, though, and that was the majority of the town. As I said at one point, people shouldn't just go with a confirmed townie, they should have suspicions of their own. We might have lost if they had~
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: October 21, 2009, 04:45:10 pm »

Speaking of which, Josh wanted to be the killer of Web in the night (revenge or something), but Leafsnail didn't go with that in the flavor text, instead having M.P kill the organizer of his execution. =X
Well, no, webadict performed sepukku after he realized the town was about to lose.  Yes, the final flavour was a bit over the top, but it seemed better than just posting a list :P.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: October 21, 2009, 04:46:30 pm »

Speaking of which, Josh wanted to be the killer of Web in the night (revenge or something), but Leafsnail didn't go with that in the flavor text, instead having M.P kill the organizer of his execution. =X
Well, no, webadict performed sepukku after he realized the town was about to lose.  Yes, the final flavour was a bit over the top, but it seemed better than just posting a list :P.

Oh...I guess I got confused then. <.<

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: October 21, 2009, 05:11:28 pm »

AAAHHH! Leaf! Why didn't you post the picture!? MY YAGAMI LIGHT FANTASIES ARE RUINED FOREVER!

And seriously, no comments on my evil speech?

This what probably my best play yet. Had WA made the connection in the last day that I was lurking BECAUSE I wasn't afraid of getting Chaoticjim'd, then he might have got us. He never did though, relieving since it was my biggest mistake probably.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #859 on: October 21, 2009, 05:28:54 pm »

Haven't read all but here's my unforgiving opinion.

Seriously. I was honestly frustrated with you web. If it wasn't for the fact that I was scum I'd have been even more frustrated. One of the best scum-hunters on the site becomes confirmed townie and you barely do anything with it? Such a waste.
Yep... It had happened to me too... Get frustrated at town even thought Im scum...

Josh pulled a risky gambyt and was only able to win due to the excesive amount of lurkers and the fact that our confirmed townie never tried to win this game.  We had ALL the information.  Who was each role.  This was pretty much broken... But lack of effort leads to our demise.

I thought Josh was town because I thought Webadict would've watched him eventually... He was the perfect guy to make the kills.

Zai didn't have to do anything.  Really. 

Meph was good at the beginning but his mildness made him scummy.  He wasn't really trying.  He was pretending to lurker hunt with me but without going all the way.

Now you understand why we can't have people lurking.  If we allow people to lurk we will have no info on them and the active lurkers will not be bothered.

There was NO talk at all at the end of the day.

Mr.Person was town, eh?  Dakarian was too, eh?  Impressive, right?  The Wall of posters... the ones who REALLY cared... Were all town.

EDIT:  Mod... We need the list of actions that happened each night please...

Also... Was Diakron not lynched??? Seriously guys...  he was scummy.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 05:32:06 pm by Alexhans »
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: October 21, 2009, 05:34:21 pm »

I KNOW, RIGHT? He was so obvious!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: October 21, 2009, 05:42:15 pm »

I KNOW, RIGHT? He was so obvious!

Hah, the one time I don't go for a Diakron day 1 lynch, he's scum.  :-P

I honestly didn't want to bother with his general scumminess in EVERY game.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: October 21, 2009, 05:46:39 pm »

I think this game's biggest problem was general exhaustion. Day 1 was really too long. Even if I'd been town, I still would have been really mellow about things for most of Day 1 Take 2, since we had 5 days to go at the start of it and a confirmed townie.

There was just too much to go through, to read, to pay attention to. I spent hours coming up with the lists and whatnot that I provided. Even if I was town, I'm not sure I would have been up to doing much more. Especially since most of my time was spent poking the true lurkers and trying to get them to play (or lynched, but that was a bonus).
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: October 21, 2009, 06:55:26 pm »

To be honest, I liked D1 parts 1 and 2.  If anything, Pandar's death came because we didn't have enough time rather than having too much time.  I like having a Day 1 where I can really get everyone going.  I mean, Day 1 gave me good vibes of Toony, Web, Alex, a neutral on Person (when early in the day he was scum), and a 'keep alive' on Archangel.  As for Meth, even had Web not jumped and started in on him I would've probably done it since he kept flying under the radar. 

What burnt was the bandwagons later on.  D2 actually hurt more than helped since scumhunting led us nowhere and the bandwagon appeal worked.  After that, no one wanted to do anything.  Since it was aimed at me, the only thing I could do was keep from becoming a mislynch. 

The last day I knew you were lurking, Josh.  I kept bugging web about it.  "I REALLY want josh to talk, web."  "Why isn't he here?"   I even asked Leaf to go prod you.  In the end, I asked web is I could vote for Josh or if I should just go for Person.  Web said I should vote for Person.  There wasn't much else for me to do at that point :/.

To be true though, even if I had some of you, I never guessed Zaith.  He was just clean all over whether I listened to web or looked on my own.  The town was just doomed. :P

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: October 21, 2009, 07:02:04 pm »

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: October 21, 2009, 07:03:03 pm »

Zaith

ZAI. I even got my name changed by Toady specifically so this would not happen again.

To be true though, even if I had some of you, I never guessed Zaith.  He was just clean all over whether I listened to web or looked on my own.  The town was just doomed. :P

=D

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: October 21, 2009, 07:30:42 pm »

@Meph

AKK.  Sowwy.

@Zai

I actually liked calling you Zaithe. 

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: October 21, 2009, 07:36:49 pm »

I stopped caring when I became a CT. It's lame when you direct everyone. I just didn't care.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: October 21, 2009, 07:45:22 pm »

Think of things like this: Every Confirmed Townie game that ever existed is the lamest crap you could ever play. It means no one plays, even if you tell them too, and when it happens over and over and over...

It's monotony gone wild. If there was no PMing? Yes. Awesome. I don't have to secretly hold meetings everywhere with everyone. There's no hiding.

But that's not the case. I came back to life and then completely hated the fact that I did.

I hope no game ever contains them again on this forum. Like PARANORMAL does every other one. That makes me angry. Don't make me rant anymore.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: October 21, 2009, 07:47:21 pm »

Interestingly, a bad (or uncaring) CT is way worse for the town then no CT at all. And, yes, I've noted the same things you have about games with CTs. Which is why DoT is out of Paranormal and I'm trying to make sure we don't have any future roles that make getting a CT easy.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60