Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24

Author Topic: BSF (not)Live Strategy game signups,reports,and discussion (Turn 12)  (Read 42040 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

You sure about that?

Let's take an 11 section ship. Health 250, costs 2750 for hull.

Add a shield for 2800 (50 + 250*sections) and you now have a 750 health shield.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would expect most shielded ships to have some armour plating, a few extra sections is a small price to pay, so losing your shield shouldn't be fatal... If you had a multiple-section rotating shield it would help to spread out the damage so that the nano-matrix could, umm, actually that probably wouldn't matter, but you could have a shield breach while maintaining some effectiveness...
Or... Could you have layered shields that contract when they are hit and expand after they have had a chance to repair?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile

The proper triggers don't exist.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe if you had a series of short-ranged point defences, they could retract the current layer and expand the next when they fired, maybe with some sort of delay... Sigh, just a few more triggers would solve so much...

Maybe you could have a number of shields an obscenely great distance behind the ship, with a trigger to move into position that is interrupted by the current shield, when the current shield goes down(yes, I got this idea from the BSF forum...) the next shield can finish its action and trigger its moving into place. Of course, it would probably be problematic to do that more than once, and it is still finite. Maybe I should just leave the debate to people who actually know what the triggers do...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

You peeps may be wondering what happened to this?

Well, as was stated in my stream thread, I moved away from livestream to ustream, unfortunately the transition was rocky, on one hand the camera controls were wonky, and with their producer program, I simply couldn't get stereo mix to work. This has resulted in a bit of a hiatus for this game.
 I can do one of three things with this:

-Wait until I find better capture software than EZcap.(you guys can help me out on this)
-Switch over to an entirely forum based system, with moves being done through PMs, this would result in less control over the shipbuilding, but may also make turns easier to do as I and the players will not need to set aside time to perform these turns.
-Abandon the game, and release the ships early for everyone to enjoy.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile

DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA.  It is the only solution. You need more of it, if you ever hope to survive.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I suggest that current participants get more say, and I have no experience with video-capture or streaming, but it would be nice to see it continue, and if you switched to forum-only then you could switch back if you get the bugs worked out and have a working system if anyone found organising a meeting time to be difficult...
Read the First Post!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

Well, I suggest that current participants get more say, and I have no experience with video-capture or streaming, but it would be nice to see it continue, and if you switched to forum-only then you could switch back if you get the bugs worked out and have a working system if anyone found organising a meeting time to be difficult...

Word.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Good news everyone...

I've finally got everything working with Ustream, I can now go back to my usual activities with everyone to watch, less annoying ads will be a strong point. Things will be a little more public however, so expect a few random peeps to show up. I'll handle the unruly with an iron grip if needed...

I'll be pestering Myroc sometime soon so we can hopefully get this thing off the ground again.

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am able to do my turn almost anytime in the next 3 days, just message me on skype
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: BSF Live Strategy game signups,reports,and discussion (Turn 11,Battle 3)
« Reply #325 on: August 03, 2010, 09:18:43 pm »

Bah! I keep forgetting to get this thing going!

Blame Minecraft.

I want to go play more Minecraft...

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 04, 2010, 04:52:30 am »

It is now Redwarrior's turn.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 12, 2010, 11:19:24 am »

I am offering DFnewb and Myroc (in-game) money to leave me alone.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 12, 2010, 12:00:12 pm »

In case you guys are wondering, yes I'll allow the transfer of cash.

EDIT:Oh yeah, and it's Cerapa's turn.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 12:24:38 pm by SHAD0Wdump »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 12, 2010, 01:24:43 pm »

Reboot Turn 12 Report:

(the following list represents the order of turns)
-Midgar(DFnewb)
-Valhalla(Myroc)
-Safehold(Redwarrior0)
-Pio-Alions(Cerapa)

(colored circles represent system control,colored tick marks represent fleet presence(basically ships or stations in the sector without system control),D-1/2/3 represents asteroid density level)(purple disk-things represent anomalies)

DFnewb entered Pio-Alions beta and promptly wasted it. He also had his flagship study the anomaly, which turned out to be a wormhole leading into Core Omega!
 Meanwhile, Myroc occupied Iota.

DFnewb researched stock marketing, in which be can bank some of his funds to have them increase his income by a small percentage. However, once banked the money cannot be retrieved.

Myroc Researched Improved Logistics, allowing him to move his ships twice.

Redwarrior0 researched improved logistics again, allowing three movements per turn. Then he threw three constructors one by one into the wormhole in attempts to trigger its collapse, all three failed.

Cerapa improved his production speed once again. He also designed the 'Catfish', this ship carries a single vulcan on a turret, and packs a point beam.

It is now DFnewb's turn.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 01:26:54 pm by SHAD0Wdump »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24