Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: PixelPainted: A Dwarf Fortress Choose Your Own Adventure. Latest Update: #84  (Read 10338 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For those interested, newest DFA Thread. Whenever I update the comic, I will update the image in this post to be the newest comic(s) for that day. To read the entire archives, click on the strip to be taken to the website.

http://www.dfa.webatu.com/
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 07:07:56 pm by GlyphGryph »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, I've decided I'm going to start updating daily! Usually around 10pm to Midnight EST.

Note that daily does not count weekends.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 05:03:21 am by GlyphGryph »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 09:35:45 pm by GlyphGryph »

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's looking good!

Get the sock!  GET THE SOCK!
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Uh?
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 11:45:46 pm »

Thank god, a suggestion I'm happy with! If the pace of suggestions doesnt pick up soon, I'm going to be doooooomed. :( Was planning on having one more comic out by now, but me dad got stabbed in the lung and I spent much of yesterday at the day at the hospital and/or playing sribblenauts. But its that right, my lack of a buffer means I can institute...

NEWEST NEWS: To Improve support, I'm having a live session tonight, Wednesday night, at 8pm EST!
Come watch me work on the newest comic, and offer suggestions AS I WORK! Whee!

http://www.livestream.com/glyphgryphsgamechannel at 8pm EST! (Hopefully)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 11:51:38 pm by GlyphGryph »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Im now live, but not starting the comic yet. If anyone wants to play games till then, feel free to join me.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Weeee.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

buman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PixelPainted: A Dwarf Fortress Choose Your Own Adventure. Live Comic Over
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 09:07:36 pm »

Is there somewhere we can find a complete archive of the comics? I think I missed a thread.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 10:27:37 pm »

Look in the first post, there is a link to his website which contains the full archives.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 05:02:15 am »

For those who watched, how did you think the live comicking went?

Soviet Travolta

• Bay Watcher
  • [SMOKEY_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
    • Illustrator Porfolio
Re: PixelPainted: A Dwarf Fortress Choose Your Own Adventure. Latest Update: #79
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 06:23:55 am »

Great story and drawings. I like the cliché anime action sequences and the war paint thing. You got the eye for turning DF quirks into funny story events. Jujufrobo is really cute too :)
I propose a truly dorfy solution: toady should implement a special helmet that (mostly) protects against fall damage, so that the toughest dwarves of the fortress can take the 10-z level jump down, pick and axe in hand, and construct stairs back up to the upper levels.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PixelPainted: A Dwarf Fortress Choose Your Own Adventure. Latest Update: #79
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 09:36:37 pm »

Thanks for the comments! ^_^ Now contribute by making suggestions! As many as you want! (as long as its no more than five!) Remember that without people like you making suggestions, I won't have any I'm happy enough with to post a new comic, and since I lack any sort of personal initiative on that front such a situation could go on indefinitely! (I actually have like 3 or 4 I'm keeping ready to go at the moment, but more is always better and they can all easily be done later if you say something I like better!)

Anyways, enough exclamation marks! Now is time for comic:

« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 09:39:24 pm by GlyphGryph »

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 05:09:19 pm »

Chasm Creature > In a very educated and elegant manner, greet the human and inquire over the fine goods that he has brought for trade for your peoples own finely crafted goods.

Moldath > Hold one arm outstretched, posing triumphantly as the sock hovers above your hand bathed in golden light and a choir of (drunken) angels sings.

Jujufrobo > Weep as you behold the magnificence of the sock

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 08:24:16 am »

Chasm Creature > In a very educated and elegant manner, greet the human and inquire over the fine goods that he has brought for trade for your peoples own finely crafted goods.

Moldath > Hold one arm outstretched, posing triumphantly as the sock hovers above your hand bathed in golden light and a choir of (drunken) angels sings.

Jujufrobo > Weep as you behold the magnificence of the sock
Moldath > Throw tantrum at irritating angels.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Vengeful Donut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2009, 08:47:02 am »

Juju cancels watch Moldath collect loot: seeking infant.
Pages: [1] 2 3