Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: PixelPainted: A Dwarf Fortress Choose Your Own Adventure. Latest Update: #84  (Read 10286 times)

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile

> Juju & co: Commence heartwarming reunion scene.

> Cow: Land on Juju's family.

fix'd
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

New comic up, not very interesting I'm afraid. Busy with life things, BUT tomorrow is a day off from everything, and there will be a longer than usual more animated than usual comic! I'm saying that because if I say it, then I might actually do it.

I don't know how people do free comics with full colour hand drawn whatnot - there always seems to be something more important that needs doing in any given hour. Or maybe I'm just lazy.

Anyways, you can all thank the guy who guilted me into it this morning while I was playing Battle for Wesnoth.

Comic #84, on the site! No image this time, because you should all visit the site and click the vote TWC link even though I am a horrible person who doesn't update enough. ^_^
www.dfa.webatu.com

diefortheswarm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

MOAR!!!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aw, I was hoping everyone had just forgotten about this. :P

Honestly, I havent been all that busy, but most of my creative juices have been being pumped into other projects (mostly working on the several tabletop games I've been designing) and havent really wanted to work on it. And whenever I do want to work on it, there's nary an open computer to be found (thats what I get for living in a house with 7 people and 2 computers).

Unfortunately, I am weak against the demands of random internet people as far as my slackness is concerned, so after my midterms and work tomorrow I'm going to feel compelled to work on a comic. Or at least update the site text.

Blegh. How do real webcomics people pull this off every day and still manage to have a life.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile

Blegh. How do real webcomics people pull this off every day and still manage to have a life.
By not doing the second part of that sentance.

There are basicaly a few kinds of wecomics:
 - those that work on them as a full time job to produce daily awesomeness
 - those that update once a month or so
 - those that are disoragized and can't keep a regualr shedule and try to cram more int the day than there is room for.
 - those that make low uality scribles for the art.
 - those that are demigods and could make Mona Lisa in 30 minutes with MS paint.
 - etc.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

Do you draw with an artist's tablet?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

- those that are disoragized and can't keep a regualr shedule and try to cram more int the day than there is room for.
 - those that make low uality scribles for the art.

I guess those two would be mine :P

An no, no tablet. Just a mouse and MS Paint. Its because I hate myself, but clearly it isn't fair to all of you if my delightful suffering is negatively impacting my actual production rates, so I may consider a switch. At the very least I've finally finished all the update code for the site the other day, so it should now take about 20 seconds to get uploaded and updated instead of 10 minutes or more. Not a huge time save, considering it usually takes me over an hour to make these, but at least it gets rid of one of the least enjoyable parts.

Anyways, I will try and be back to a regular update schedule next week.
Pages: 1 2 [3]