Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6672 6673 [6674] 6675 6676 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14561801 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #100095 on: February 26, 2013, 12:49:11 am »

It's like your all playing some meta version of the game where it's not so much guess the answer as guess the question. Your all like the smart kid in the front row going "Me sir, me! I know, I know! Please sir!" ::) :P
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #100096 on: February 26, 2013, 12:49:39 am »

Reader: "When you feel you know - *BZZT*"
Me: "Intuition."
Aside, from [Teammate]: "Why did you do that? Wait for the question, dammit."
Me: "Trust me."
Reader: "...Correct."

That's just too perfect.
Indeed. Indeed it is.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #100097 on: February 26, 2013, 03:37:59 am »

You sure that your Lesbian Friend isn't actually a Bisexual Friend?

Pretty sure. She's been pretty clear about not liking guys and I'm okay with that. I enjoy having a close friend. If she were to decide she wanted to date me, I would have to have a long, very serious discussion with her before I'd agree. I've lost a friend before because she wanted to date me and I don't want to do that again.
Anecdotal evidence here, But I did know one 100% lesbian girl, who just made an exception for her boyfriend. It is not unheard of. Or I'm giving you false hope and crushing your heart with this information, that's also possible.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #100098 on: February 26, 2013, 04:07:42 am »

My neighbor is in a pretty stable relationship with a girl who had previously only dated other girls. But uh...

Anecdotal evidence here,
too.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100099 on: February 26, 2013, 04:18:18 am »

Look, I don't wanna be That Guy, but this is getting really awkward.  I understand why y'all are saying what you're saying and I'm sure your motivations are good, but as the original post was about (I think) the young fellow being proud of supporting his friend, and we're now trying to convince him that a relationship could happen, I'm getting a kind of difficult vibe.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 05:09:39 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #100100 on: February 26, 2013, 05:11:52 am »

I consider my original response a satire of that idea, before other people even posted what I was satirizing.

I am truly a master of my art.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #100101 on: February 26, 2013, 09:19:23 am »

Look, I don't wanna be That Guy, but this is getting really awkward.  I understand why y'all are saying what you're saying and I'm sure your motivations are good, but as the original post was about (I think) the young fellow being proud of supporting his friend, and we're now trying to convince him that a relationship could happen, I'm getting a kind of difficult vibe.
+1

While I know a couple of "was-bians" (former lesbians), it's not that common and moreover it's something that would have to be a personal decision. Let's not try to turn Hans' life into Chasing Amy:-\

Although I'd be cool with more Hooper X.  :P

EDIT: Today's what-if.xkcd. Randall has a way of making a romantic notion mathematical, and then resolving the math back into a romantic notion (romantic in the "thought-provoking and poetic" sense, not the "drop your pants and close the door" sense)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 09:45:03 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #100102 on: February 26, 2013, 12:31:36 pm »

Find me a CD more than fifteen years old that a drive will still recognize.
Actually, I've been going through my old games lately, so I can confirm that I have several around that age or older.  Of course, I'm pretty cautious about taking care of my CDs, even when I was first getting into computers, so it's probably a bit of an outlier.  It's also not music; I didn't listen to music at all 15 years ago. 

Mind you, automatic error correction is a beautiful thing for games.  A couple of those CDs played just fine, but when I tried to rip them to my computer so I would have a back-up copy that I didn't need to dig out of storage, they started throwing all sorts of bad sector errors.  Even the rip worked just fine, though. 

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100103 on: February 26, 2013, 12:41:40 pm »

Etrian Odyssey 4 released
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #100104 on: February 26, 2013, 12:48:21 pm »

Well, I got Populous: The beginning to work on a computer.
Nng. I literally have the disk here now. Such a great game. :D
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100105 on: February 26, 2013, 01:16:51 pm »

My exam wasn't as BAD as I thought it was.

And the studying DID help.

But I have no idea how well I did.

Like, literally. I'm fairly certain I passed, but I don't know if I got a 60 or an 80 or what.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #100106 on: February 26, 2013, 01:17:48 pm »

Find me a CD more than fifteen years old that a drive will still recognize.
Actually, I've been going through my old games lately, so I can confirm that I have several around that age or older.  Of course, I'm pretty cautious about taking care of my CDs, even when I was first getting into computers, so it's probably a bit of an outlier.  It's also not music; I didn't listen to music at all 15 years ago. 

Mind you, automatic error correction is a beautiful thing for games.  A couple of those CDs played just fine, but when I tried to rip them to my computer so I would have a back-up copy that I didn't need to dig out of storage, they started throwing all sorts of bad sector errors.  Even the rip worked just fine, though. 
I got four that I know work right off the bat:

Emperor of the Fading Suns (1997)
Birthright: The Gorgon's Alliance (1997)
Heroes of Might and Magic (1995)
Ultima Underworld (1992)

Hard to go back much further than that, because most stuff prior to 1992 or so was released on 3.5" floppies. CD games were seen as an exorbitant luxury.  :P

Now a good test would be to see how many of my 3.5" floppies still work. Or even better, how many of my Commodore 5.25" floppies still work (and yes, I still have my C128 rig)

EDIT:
Spoiler: Best. Tattoo. Ever. (click to show/hide)

DOUBLE-EDIT:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 01:41:50 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #100107 on: February 26, 2013, 02:20:54 pm »

What comic is that?
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #100108 on: February 26, 2013, 02:22:32 pm »

it is saturday morning breakfast cereal. SMBC.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #100109 on: February 26, 2013, 02:57:10 pm »

If you subscribe to the belief that everything is a combination of a multitude of singular components, then it is not the individual molecules that constitute a puppy, rather the whole array of atoms that comprise the dog that make up the dog. There is no singular molecule that is the dog - only the sum total of all it's been, including past configurations.

You'll have to try harder to get me to inhale puppies. Your move science man.
Pages: 1 ... 6672 6673 [6674] 6675 6676 ... 13312