Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6942 6943 [6944] 6945 6946 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14519779 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #104145 on: April 23, 2013, 12:56:00 pm »

Victoria sponge is the best cake.
Any objections? 
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #104146 on: April 23, 2013, 12:57:26 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
:o
This abomination.

We must forget it.

Too much is American cuisine leaning towards food-flavoured synthetic perishables over actual food.

Victoria sponge is the best cake.
Any objections? 
Cheesecakes are superb!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #104147 on: April 23, 2013, 03:55:12 pm »

GOOGLE WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE'S ENTIRE WEBSITE OF COLBERT!?

* Haspen squeeeeeeees!!! <3
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104148 on: April 23, 2013, 04:07:49 pm »

I just made $16 in ~7 minutes because I know calculus and am willing to use it (side-eyeing you, business majors >_____>).  Now, if the rest of the world only worked like that, I'd be making about $160 per hour ;_;
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #104149 on: April 23, 2013, 04:30:52 pm »

I just made $16 in ~7 minutes because I know calculus and am willing to use it (side-eyeing you, business majors >_____>).  Now, if the rest of the world only worked like that, I'd be making about $160 per hour ;_;
Shit... What did you do?! WHAT DID YOU DO?!!! TELL ME YOUR SECRET!! I'VE GOT A METRIC TON OF MATH KNOWLEDGE TO MONETIZE!!
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #104150 on: April 23, 2013, 04:33:38 pm »

...But the last frosted cake I got was from my grandmother.
Love, scriver~

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104151 on: April 23, 2013, 04:35:43 pm »

I stumbled across a rather good metaphor while free-associating over breakfast today.

Relationships are cake, and sex is frosting. Now, you can eat a spoonful of frosting and it will taste good, but no matter how good it tastes you'll end up in a bad place if you just keep shoveling it down. That's why people spread frosting on cakes. Of course, if you have a really delectable cake, maybe one with layers, you don't need much frosting. Even if the frosting tastes sort of nasty it's okay, as long as the cake is really superb. But it's even better if the cake and frosting are good, right? If you have a bad cake, though, a nasty one or a bland one, you usually cope by piling on the frosting and hoping that adds some flavor. What's really terrible, though, is if you're eating a cake and think it tastes really good, and then the person you're eating it with leans over to whisper in your ear, "Sorry, it's really just a mound of frosting. I didn't want to have any cake with you." At this point you start feeling dizzy and nauseous, mostly because you've just realized that you've eaten a pound of frosting.

There've been a few cakes and proto-cakes since, but through these experiences have found that the cake itself is most important, and frosting isn't at all necessary to happiness. And I also discovered that there are a lot of other breadish desert items that fulfill a similar role to the Cake part... and though they don't often go with frosting, I'm cool with that. Until I find a new cake that I'm sure is one I want to attempt, I'm pretty happy taking my time.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #104152 on: April 23, 2013, 04:39:56 pm »

You sick sick bugger.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104153 on: April 23, 2013, 04:42:23 pm »

At the local business school, they do variable-payout experiments ($5 + ~some amount)--they have a situation they're going to run on you over and over again, in two sets where there's a little variation between the sets that they'd like to measure your response to.  These usually rely on assuming that you aren't going to use math to totally shut down the problem they want you to solve, because apparently most people think with emotions first, the crazy fellows :I

Well, I'm not just a math major, I'm a Math Major and it took me about a minute to do the calculus and probability computations, then I just sat there entering numbers for a little while and that was that.

I believe in Isaac Newton!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #104154 on: April 23, 2013, 04:44:50 pm »

You sick sick bugger.

And I had to share it with the rest of my and my aunt's family! :'(
Love, scriver~

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104155 on: April 23, 2013, 04:47:28 pm »

At the local business school, they do variable-payout experiments ($5 + ~some amount)--they have a situation they're going to run on you over and over again, in two sets where there's a little variation between the sets that they'd like to measure your response to.  These usually rely on assuming that you aren't going to use math to totally shut down the problem they want you to solve, because apparently most people think with emotions first, the crazy fellows :I

Well, I'm not just a math major, I'm a Math Major and it took me about a minute to do the calculus and probability computations, then I just sat there entering numbers for a little while and that was that.

I believe in Isaac Newton!
Newton>Smith

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104156 on: April 23, 2013, 04:50:54 pm »

You sick sick bugger.

And I had to share it with the rest of my and my aunt's family! :'(

If it's any consolation, my grandmother taught my father and me everything we know about cakecraft. My mom and I have also made a cake before, but it was weird and spongy and marbled with strawberry and lime jello (there was no frosting, but it was served with homemade vanilla whipped cream, if that counts). Also, she may have been drunk at the time.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #104157 on: April 23, 2013, 04:54:34 pm »

You're all sick and twisted. Once I am elected to high office, I am going to ban cake for the sake of our children.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104158 on: April 23, 2013, 04:58:30 pm »

I...I have no words. I really, really hope the metaphor was lost at some point.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #104159 on: April 23, 2013, 05:01:49 pm »

I'll take 2 dozen cupcakes to go.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.
Pages: 1 ... 6942 6943 [6944] 6945 6946 ... 13311