Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6948 6949 [6950] 6951 6952 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14594042 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #104237 on: April 24, 2013, 09:35:33 pm »

The blackest of extravagant cooking
I had my earphones in on max volume.  GUNSHOTS HURT LESS THEN THAT.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #104238 on: April 24, 2013, 09:43:02 pm »

The blackest of extravagant cooking
Okay, yeah, that was amusing. Candlelight kitchen cooking is pretty awesome in all situations. Seemed like a decent recipe, t'boot.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #104239 on: April 24, 2013, 11:22:11 pm »

I went fishing today, at Markland Dam in Indiana.  It was fun, it's been years and years since I've gone out and done something that was an actual hobby.  Caught a tiny white bass and a two pound or so smallmouth that fought like a fuck.  It'd been so long since I'd caught something decent sized that I thought it was a snag at first and was backing up until it started moving around.  My dad took a picture but didn't save it :/

Good times.  Getting a quality rod and reel tomorrow.
Shoes...

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #104240 on: April 25, 2013, 12:57:52 am »

Vsauce is awesome! I am understanding things!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #104242 on: April 25, 2013, 07:28:57 am »

Ooh, they're called dogwood? There's a ton (possibly literal) of those trees on my high school's campus and they're really pretty, though mostly white. :D

Their flowers fall almost immediately after fully opening, too.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #104243 on: April 25, 2013, 07:41:23 am »

So, myself and a group of 6 pulled an all nighter tonight to work on our respective projects. They put up some music on the room's speakers via a Soundrop channel. Apparently you need to give the channel a name when you create it, and so they made the name of the channel "suck my dick." Well, about 2 hours later, some strange guy appears in the channel's chat, telling them "Change the name of your channel."

Naturally, assuming this random dude to be some asshole morality police searching for channel names they don't like, one of them tells the guy "suck my dick." Soon after, we notice the name of the channel was changed; but not by one of us. Wondering who the hell that guy is, I pull up his name on google on the room's main computer (the one hooked up to the speakers and overhead projector), see the image he is using in the image results, and click it. It takes us to his dropbox account page, which everyone is watching as it loads.

It turns out it was the CTO and co-founder of Soundrop. :P

I suggest to one of the other guys, jokingly, to ask for a job; which he does. After a couple minutes of chatting, he's told to send his resume to the guy via email.

How to get a job:
Step 1. Tell one of the co-founders of the company to suck a dick.

Absolutely made the day of all of us; especially the surprise reveal that 'oh, hey, you just told the guy who built this to go suck it.' Funniest thing in a long time.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 07:45:34 am by alway »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #104244 on: April 25, 2013, 07:41:41 am »

...That just made me happy O_o

Dogwood!

We've got pinewood though - fresh scent of pine sap wafting through the backyard ^^

And tons and tons of pineneedles on the ground, blanketing it with brownish...needles.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #104245 on: April 25, 2013, 10:38:56 am »

« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 11:37:39 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #104246 on: April 25, 2013, 11:10:53 am »

Some things should be kept to oneself.
Shoes...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #104247 on: April 25, 2013, 11:37:02 am »

You are a sick, sick little man. And you should be ashamed of yourself for it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #104248 on: April 25, 2013, 11:37:47 am »

Some things should be kept to oneself.
Good idea...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104249 on: April 25, 2013, 11:45:07 am »

Kind of a happy, not 100% but it's a bit of a silver lining.

Spoke to the head of the computer department at the college.  I will graduate at the end of fall (mostly because the majority of what I still need isn't offered over summer or else it would be end of summer)  But the best bit was when we were going over my math.  I withdrew from college algebra twice, and got a D(not passing by college standards) on my last attempt.  Which means I have to go through process now.

She told me that my situation is not rare in the least and told me some statistics.  50% of all the graduates failed the school's college algebra course at least once, and about 70% of all the retake appeals (what I need)she gets for students in her department are for that class.  Not only that, but the same students that get Fs and Ds here that can't get an appeal later transcript in As and Bs from other colleges.  She appears to feel strongly that something is wrong with the College Algebra course at this school to make such numbers happen.

So maybe I'm not a complete idiot at math.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 6948 6949 [6950] 6951 6952 ... 13312