Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6952 6953 [6954] 6955 6956 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14551789 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #104295 on: April 25, 2013, 10:36:58 pm »

On the subject of the Time thing, I was originally thinking it was on a 24 hour clock, then I was thinking it was on a seven day clock, then a month long clock, and although we sort of seem to have reached conclusion at the end of a month. I'm feeling pretty confident it ain't over yet. This thing has the potential to carry on for a year, possibly more.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104296 on: April 25, 2013, 11:16:36 pm »

Minor happy. I used to play a browser game where you basically build a country and I forgot about it about a month after starting it. I've been trying to find it now and again for the past year or so, and today I finally found it by pure accident while surfing the interwebs. It's still so fun and I managed to not destroy my economy in ten seconds.

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #104297 on: April 25, 2013, 11:24:33 pm »

Well just because he's keeping that going doesn't mean he's stopped other updates! He's still putting out a new comic every Mon/Wed/Fri just like before, it's just that now he is also putting out updates to his time comic (usually on the half hour/hour).
Actually, since the updates are every 30 minutes, it's most likely they were all done in advance over the course of the preceeding few weeks/months, just not shown until their correct time.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104298 on: April 25, 2013, 11:26:34 pm »

Well just because he's keeping that going doesn't mean he's stopped other updates! He's still putting out a new comic every Mon/Wed/Fri just like before, it's just that now he is also putting out updates to his time comic (usually on the half hour/hour).
Actually, since the updates are every 30 minutes, it's most likely they were all done in advance over the course of the preceeding few weeks/months, just not shown until their correct time.

Actually, XKCD is a secret subliminal propaganda project which uses its funding to employ a sweatshop of insert-direction Korean workers to produce updates else their families are murdered.

I feel like I should depart for the WMG thread.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #104299 on: April 25, 2013, 11:48:11 pm »

Secret?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #104300 on: April 26, 2013, 12:27:50 am »

Actually, XKCD is a secret subliminal propaganda project which uses its funding to employ a sweatshop of insert-direction Korean workers to produce updates else their families are murdered.

I feel like I should depart for the WMG thread.

It's actually better than that. The 'externalities' one features a crowdsourced cryptographic code cracking. ;)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104301 on: April 26, 2013, 12:44:30 am »

I pronounce "rural" like "roll."

Hahahaha :D
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104302 on: April 26, 2013, 12:46:07 am »

Earlier this week, it would never drop below 80 degrees indoors, even at night.

Tonight it is 71 degrees. I don't know what voodoo magic someone used to lower the temperature to tolerable levels, but keep it up.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #104303 on: April 26, 2013, 12:47:20 am »

My weird Midwest-Talk-Radio-Meets-Southern-Drawl-Cop causes me to utterly fucking butcher rural. It ends up something along the lines of "Ruur-Ruhal".

I don't even know how I got this. People ask me all the time where I got my accent from and I have no answer.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #104304 on: April 26, 2013, 12:51:45 am »

I think I pronounce it rurl. Is there much of a difference between rural and rurl?

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #104305 on: April 26, 2013, 12:56:00 am »

I think the 'proper' way to pronounce it is "Rur - uhl". I pronounce it "Rur - ll" though.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104306 on: April 26, 2013, 01:13:31 am »

I think the 'proper' way to pronounce it is "Rur - uhl". I pronounce it "Rur - ll" though.

That is correct. I pronounce it with a strong Australian accent, which makes it sounds like "Roo-ral"

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #104307 on: April 26, 2013, 01:16:51 am »

Quick question: Do marsupials in your area live in Kangarooral neighborhoods?

*ducks*
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104308 on: April 26, 2013, 02:44:05 am »

Today I managed to procure 4 pairs of really nice jeans for $15... It is great to be able to fit into the smallest sizes they have that have been marked down over and over because nobody could fit in them.  :)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #104309 on: April 26, 2013, 02:51:52 am »

Madoka Magica is on Hulu. Just finished Ep 6; and DAMN this is good. I love how the intro theme video is basically one giant fakeout in regards to the actual events. :P
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 02:57:31 am by alway »
Pages: 1 ... 6952 6953 [6954] 6955 6956 ... 13312