Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6953 6954 [6955] 6956 6957 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14538785 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #104310 on: April 26, 2013, 03:14:49 am »

Madoka Magica is on Hulu.

THANK YOU

The friend I was going to watch it with ditched me, but now I can watch it, and... WOW.  Within the first five minutes: clear-cut Evangelion reference.  I'm, like, 90% sure that I'm going to end up buying this on DVD at some point... I know what I like, haha.

Beautiful art, too.  Absolutely beautiful.

Other happy: I helped a friend out today (and got both chai and lots of cookies!), The Big Bang Theory wasn't totally reprehensible (well, okay, it honestly was pretty funny and good in general this week), and Elementary was pretty goddamn good (I'd say "excellent," but they kind of fell down this week vis-a-vis fat-shaming jokes, though I wonder if that wasn't just Holmes being a bigot again).  Got caught up with my Arthur, King of Time and Space archive-bingeing, too, and it was great--that is the first guy I'm going to send money when I have a job, because he deserves it.

I feel a lot better and I'm ready to take on tomorrow.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #104311 on: April 26, 2013, 03:29:04 am »

Madoka Magica is on Hulu.

THANK YOU

The friend I was going to watch it with ditched me, but now I can watch it, and... WOW.  Within the first five minutes: clear-cut Evangelion reference.  I'm, like, 90% sure that I'm going to end up buying this on DVD at some point... I know what I like, haha.

Beautiful art, too.  Absolutely beautiful.
Oh, it gets sooo much better. I can't really say it starts off slow, but a few episodes in, it will take your expectations, and destroy them as effectively and in about as much time as a creeper in a minecraft house.

I really do enjoy this art style. Nothing says 'completely alien eldrich abomination' quite like suddenly shifting to a collage of pseudo-abstract animated paper cutouts.

Edit: Episode 9 now... It doesn't stop getting better. O_O
Edit2: Wow. Just wow. That's all I can say about this plot. THIS IS AWESOME.
Edit3: Okay, I'm not sure how it will manage to top Episode 9.
Edit4: Oh. That's how. With an excellently executed counterpoint.
Edit5: And done. To those who haven't watched the series, do, and do it now.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 06:00:03 am by alway »

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104312 on: April 26, 2013, 07:29:47 am »

Ah, music and the skill of others always makes me happy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=b9IkpUYlOx8&NR=1
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104313 on: April 26, 2013, 07:48:25 am »

CUTE GUYS

eeeee

WHO LIVE NEAR ME

eeeeeeeeee

ARE NERDS? YES

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

eee

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #104314 on: April 26, 2013, 09:48:45 am »

A particular judge does ... not ... like me, at all. He never has from the moment he saw me. I do not know why. I try to avoid him, because I feel like living at least a little while longer. Naturally, I draw him on cases sometimes.... Somehow, this:

"Officer [name], I have the utmost confidence in your ability to exercise restraint in future situations of this nature.... Mrs. [defendant]. I hope you realize what a service your appointed attorney has provided you today and how difficult this arrangement with the State was to obtain. Mrs. [defendant] you have been given a second chance; there will be no third from me. Do not squander this and do not come into my courtroom again."

Somewhat floored.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #104315 on: April 26, 2013, 10:32:25 am »

Well, it's nice that he can be professional.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #104316 on: April 26, 2013, 11:42:41 am »

Re: Madoka

The music is also amazing. Credens Justitiam is one of my favorite songs of all time.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #104317 on: April 26, 2013, 11:59:35 am »

Went climbing yesterday with tons of friends, most awesome rock climbing place I've ever seen. Bouldering is difficult. Random dude with callouses on the tops of his toes is awesome. And, my arms are in pain right now.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104318 on: April 26, 2013, 12:44:43 pm »

Just spent the better part of 2 hours hauling furniture around, swapping my bed with my desk so I could use my computer at the desk and still have internet(the difference of 10 feet makes for wireless fidelity ::)). With so little floor space, I had to alternate between inching the bed and moving the desk, and damn was the bed heavy.

I am happy to say that this was mostly successful. I don't have to sit on my bed to use the computer, which was really hurting my legs after a while. The only downside is that my sister has a little less room to reach her bed, but if she didn't have so much crap, it wouldn't really be a problem. Plus, my connection seems to be a little more responsive.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #104319 on: April 26, 2013, 12:46:02 pm »

I may have missed the Madoka discussion, but it's the bomb and you all should watch it.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #104320 on: April 26, 2013, 12:50:16 pm »

Found out why my iTunes regularly erased it's own library! It wasn't iTunes' fault, but my VAIO's stock programs. I removed them and all should be fine :D.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104321 on: April 26, 2013, 01:14:09 pm »

My sister came in, inspected my work, and said it looked good. Doesn't mind the reduced space.

Then she complained about the mountain of stuff on her bed. Which was entirely her doing, not mine.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104322 on: April 26, 2013, 01:15:57 pm »

-snip-
Just make sure he's actually homosexual, else you could end up in an awkward situation.
He's bi. Close enuff.

Spoiler: NSFW (click to show/hide)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #104323 on: April 26, 2013, 01:18:07 pm »

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #104324 on: April 26, 2013, 02:59:02 pm »

CUTE GUYS

eeeee

WHO LIVE NEAR ME

eeeeeeeeee

ARE NERDS? YES

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

eee

*Claps for you* Yay! Go get him! :D
Pages: 1 ... 6953 6954 [6955] 6956 6957 ... 13312