Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6957 6958 [6959] 6960 6961 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14507770 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #104370 on: April 27, 2013, 06:25:07 pm »

Just saw Ironman 3 today.
Great movie in my opinion.
Also without spoiling anything, it kind of wraps up the triology quite nicely.
If this were to be the last Ironman movie, I would not be disapointed.
However if a forth movie is planned, I will be looking forward to it.
Is it better than the second one? Because the second one kinda sucked. Not horribly so, but a little.
Well that is not my place to decide.
Because I actually liked all three movies. :p
So you may have to see for yourself.
Also, you may expect some callbacks from the Avenegers movie, should you choose to see it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104371 on: April 27, 2013, 06:31:24 pm »

A friend to whom I gave some spiritual/moral advice the other day surprised me with a book of Akhmatova poems o_O

Also, it looks like our gaming group won't fall apart, and I'm finishing off the gifts for my literature seminar.  Feeling better right now, in general.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #104372 on: April 27, 2013, 07:05:09 pm »

For some reason I mixed up the Syndicate and XCOM remakes, thinking that the XCOM remake was some kind of FPS based on the same universe.

It is not. It is awesome.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #104373 on: April 27, 2013, 07:06:54 pm »

Well, the 2K one used to be that. The Firaxis one has always been incredible. That reminds me, 13 days left until I can go home and play X-COM again.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104374 on: April 27, 2013, 08:51:55 pm »

Just figured out how to solve THREE major problems worth a LOT of points in a cyber competition I'm in.  I won't be able to solve them tonight, due to needing to do lots of math, but it'll give me something to do Monday during math class.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #104375 on: April 27, 2013, 09:08:56 pm »

So I went and played some acoustic guitar at a little recital. I messed up a bit, mostly due to cutting my right thumb on the pointy tip of a guitar string, so the bandage kinda messed up my strumming, but anyway, people said that it was "very good, they enjoyed it, it's impressive for less than two years of playing, etc" and some of the the other acts were pretty cool to hear.

After that I went and hung out with a bunch of friends at what could be loosely described as a party: We played vidyah games and cracked jokes while listening to music, and there were snacks, so yeah, party. Never thought I'd go to anything that could be considered one of those. It was pretty cool, and improved my mood.

Also one of my best buddy-bros mentioned how he was thinking of going to the same college I was *cough*UniversityofNorthTexas*cough*; we mutually agreed that it would be awesome to go to the same college and be roommates.

So yeh, I'm in a cheerier mood now.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #104376 on: April 27, 2013, 09:10:51 pm »

Yes, Space Cat! Get a roommate who isn't a shithead and throw off the B12 curse!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104377 on: April 27, 2013, 09:31:49 pm »

Now all he has to do is not become a lawyer or homeless, and get a snuggle buddy and keep em, and you're home free.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #104378 on: April 27, 2013, 09:49:52 pm »

Watched Tetsuo: The Bullet Man.  I'm not sure what I want to think of it.  I feel like it should've just been filmed in Japanese and subbed like usual.  Foreign language masks bad acting and oh god some of these people are bad actors.
Shoes...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #104379 on: April 27, 2013, 09:52:17 pm »

For some reason I mixed up the Syndicate and XCOM remakes, thinking that the XCOM remake was some kind of FPS based on the same universe.

There's a Syndicate remake?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #104380 on: April 27, 2013, 09:52:53 pm »

There's a Syndicate remake?
No. Turn back and forget you ever read that sentence.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104381 on: April 27, 2013, 09:56:41 pm »

There is also no upcoming XCOM "inspired" game that will be a cover based mass effect style shooter.

Just so we're clear on that.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #104382 on: April 27, 2013, 09:57:49 pm »

Spoiler: disappointed (click to show/hide)

Ah yes... I remember now.  Not a re-make.  Just an abuse of the name.  Damnit, Syndicate was one of the golden games of my youth!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 09:59:57 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #104383 on: April 27, 2013, 10:05:16 pm »

In much better news, Starcrafts season 2 has started with the cutest fight ever in starcraft.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104384 on: April 27, 2013, 10:12:08 pm »

Yes, Space Cat! Get a roommate who isn't a shithead and throw off the B12 curse!

.... My roommate isn't a shithead. We're not exactly friends, but we don't argue or fail to get along. We just don't talk to each other. At all. Ever.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.
Pages: 1 ... 6957 6958 [6959] 6960 6961 ... 13311