Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6985 6986 [6987] 6988 6989 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14609368 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #104790 on: May 02, 2013, 08:30:28 pm »

Wow, um... I think that you should possibly reread the Terms of Service.  Though I am happy for you.
100% agreement on both counts. Seriously dude.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104791 on: May 02, 2013, 08:34:40 pm »

yes well okay I'll delete the spoiler. I thought it was treading the line so I kept an eye on the thread for just such an opinion.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104792 on: May 02, 2013, 08:35:52 pm »

Descan is best viking.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104794 on: May 02, 2013, 08:42:21 pm »

Descan is best viking.

Des Can is Best Can
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104795 on: May 02, 2013, 09:13:12 pm »

And I get to see him again Monday!

We're going to watch The Room.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #104796 on: May 02, 2013, 09:32:03 pm »

Anti-science hasn't changed in 140 years.
Here's a secret, in the past 140 years, Only science has changed. Humans are the same. The liberals we have are the same as previous liberals, they were just born farther to the left culturally to begin with. Same with the conservatives. We have the same arguments, our governments were as corrupt, hell, we had many of the same debates. We are by and large the same species that wiped out the dodo, and mastered whale oil.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #104797 on: May 02, 2013, 09:48:06 pm »

Um, my parents are staunch conservatives, and I'm a crazy radical liberal in most respects.

Children aren't just brainwashed versions of their parents (well some might be, and all might be partially, but still). People themselves can change over time too, under the right circumstances.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #104798 on: May 02, 2013, 10:27:33 pm »

Anti-science hasn't changed in 140 years.
I'm reading this, and I'm by no means a scrub at literature, but just a few paragraphs in I think I gained at least five IQ points.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #104799 on: May 02, 2013, 10:40:51 pm »

Um, my parents are staunch conservatives, and I'm a crazy radical liberal in most respects.

Children aren't just brainwashed versions of their parents (well some might be, and all might be partially, but still). People themselves can change over time too, under the right circumstances.
Didn't you say you were once a productivist? That sounds like traditional conservativism mixed with youthful idealism to me.

So most people start as clones of their parents, but change over time.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #104800 on: May 02, 2013, 10:43:35 pm »

Didn't you say you were once a productivist? That sounds like traditional conservativism mixed with youthful idealism to me.

So most people start as clones of their parents, but change over time.
Yeah well, if you count really young children (such as when I was a productivist), then most people do start out as brainwashed versions of their parents. It's not until they're exposed to new information and develop critical thinking do they really change.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #104801 on: May 02, 2013, 10:44:18 pm »

Well, hopefully. From where I'm from, being different from your parents is generally looked down upon.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #104802 on: May 02, 2013, 10:50:08 pm »

I was actually having a similar discussion with my fiancee earlier today. Turns out most people set their political opinions in stone around age 25, and then never change them significantly ever again. You don't get most social change (like gay marriage becoming more accepted) through educating (non-young) people; you get it mainly from old people dying.

Naturally this is rather depressing, but do note that the statistics she gave me said ~20% of people DO change their opinions after age 25, so it's not entirely without hope to educate people to new ideas.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104803 on: May 02, 2013, 11:31:01 pm »

The -only- argument against immortality that's ever given me pause, I'll say that much.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104804 on: May 02, 2013, 11:39:08 pm »

The -only- argument against immortality that's ever given me pause, I'll say that much.
Except that by the time we achieve immortality (assuming we do, at least), most of the old bigots will be in the ground :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6985 6986 [6987] 6988 6989 ... 13312