Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7009 7010 [7011] 7012 7013 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14539087 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #105150 on: May 07, 2013, 12:12:45 am »

IRON MAN
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105151 on: May 07, 2013, 12:15:50 am »

IRON MAN
It was a great story, but they got my goatee wrong. (I said this to Wolfeyez as we walked out of the theater today, and she about lost it. ^_^)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105152 on: May 07, 2013, 12:18:22 am »

Other than the total lack of motivation for the villain, yes.  The plot was a frickin' trainwreck and the elements didn't really come together, but the set piece at the end was fuckin' awesome, the tension was better, and it was much, much funnier than most of these shows.  Liked it a lot, really.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105153 on: May 07, 2013, 01:18:23 am »

I just got back from watching it too, and I dug it. Plot was Deus Ex Machina'd out the wazoo, and the villain was bland and tough to feel anything toward but a growing desire to punch his face. Also sort of didn't care for Pepper driving Tony to get rid of his robots... I get the whole "Is Iron Man the suit, or the man under the suit?" thing, but there are other facets of that crisis you could explore. That, and robots are something he was passionate about; sure he might've gone a bit overboard, as illustrated by the House Party at the end, but it's just one of his many delightful quirks. Having his suit remotely greet and flirt with you while he works in the basement is just something he's going to do. Deal with it. :I

I did like the relationship with the kid quite a bit too... the mutual snark was cute, and a nice change of pace. Also, having anxiety attacks as a heroic flaw is pretty rare, and I think they represented them reasonably well. I got a laugh in when I finally got why the Big Bad was called "The Mandarin" too.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #105154 on: May 07, 2013, 01:23:10 am »

I just got back from watching it too, and I dug it. Plot was Deus Ex Machina'd out the wazoo, and the villain was bland and tough to feel anything toward but a growing desire to punch his face. Also sort of didn't care for Pepper driving Tony to get rid of his robots... I get the whole "Is Iron Man the suit, or the man under the suit?" thing, but there are other facets of that crisis you could explore. That, and robots are something he was passionate about; sure he might've gone a bit overboard, as illustrated by the House Party at the end, but it's just one of his many delightful quirks. Having his suit remotely greet and flirt with you while he works in the basement is just something he's going to do. Deal with it. :I

I did like the relationship with the kid quite a bit too... the mutual snark was cute, and a nice change of pace. Also, having anxiety attacks as a heroic flaw is pretty rare, and I think they represented them reasonably well. I got a laugh in when I finally got why the Big Bad was called "The Mandarin" too.
Oh god
The villain is Annoying Orange
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105155 on: May 07, 2013, 01:26:21 am »

The scenes with the kid were the best, really.  I kept hoping he'd come back :3

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105156 on: May 07, 2013, 01:26:46 am »

I got a laugh in when I finally got why the Big Bad was called "The Mandarin" too.
ಠ_ಠ NERDRAGE

Honestly, knowing The Mandarin's backstory, there was not possibly a worse way to use him. In the comic books, he's quite the badass.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105157 on: May 07, 2013, 01:27:38 am »

I got a laugh in when I finally got why the Big Bad was called "The Mandarin" too.
ಠ_ಠ NERDRAGE

Honestly, knowing The Mandarin's backstory, there was not possibly a worse way to use him. In the comic books, he's quite the badass.
How did a Youtube fruit get the role anyway?
Sig! Onol

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105159 on: May 07, 2013, 03:02:58 am »

Sig! Onol

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105160 on: May 07, 2013, 03:03:27 am »

Laughed to the point of crying ;_;
How do people do that? I mean seriously, I didn't know it was possible to pull your head into your neck like that! I sure can't...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #105161 on: May 07, 2013, 03:08:06 am »

Fanart in my forum game makes me happy. The best fanart.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #105163 on: May 07, 2013, 03:23:07 am »

Finally, finally, finally won a game in the Conflict: MEPS remake. By a .28% margin. Intense.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105164 on: May 07, 2013, 03:41:38 am »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:25:50 pm by Ogdibus »
Pages: 1 ... 7009 7010 [7011] 7012 7013 ... 13312