Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7030 7031 [7032] 7033 7034 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14643236 times)

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #105465 on: May 10, 2013, 10:40:24 am »

Word-style, red squiggles.  I don't know about any grammar checking.  And yuppers, auto-correct is the first thing gone on my phones.
So it does what chrome does now?
huh they maybe on to something.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #105466 on: May 10, 2013, 10:43:18 am »

Don't know if its been said or ya'll I.E. haters care, but the new i.e. has a auto-spellcheck function.  Its checking my spelling right now!  Its like I'm in word.
You talking about the simple red lines saying "hey, this word is misspelled" or full-on auto-correct?

Because while I can get behind the first, I hate auto-correct with a passion >_>
If it has autocorrect, my name instantly becomes an IE-user detector.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #105467 on: May 10, 2013, 10:54:25 am »

Don't know if its been said or ya'll I.E. haters care, but the new i.e. has a auto-spellcheck function.  Its checking my spelling right now!  Its like I'm in word.
You talking about the simple red lines saying "hey, this word is misspelled" or full-on auto-correct?

Because while I can get behind the first, I hate auto-correct with a passion >_>
If it has autocorrect, my name instantly becomes an IE-user detector.
Really, it always does?
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #105468 on: May 10, 2013, 11:08:44 am »

"Its eating it's shit."

I think.
Nope. "Its" is possessive, "It's" is the contraction of "It is". Which is back-arsewards from the way things normally work.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #105469 on: May 10, 2013, 11:42:37 am »

"Its eating it's shit."

I think.
Nope. "Its" is possessive, "It's" is the contraction of "It is". Which is back-arsewards from the way things normally work.
o.O

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #105470 on: May 10, 2013, 11:49:40 am »

Actually, it's more like they would both be "it's" and so one of them had to change.

Also, no possessive pronouns have apostrophes in them. My/mine your/yours his her/hers its their/theirs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #105471 on: May 10, 2013, 12:59:06 pm »

Word-style, red squiggles.  I don't know about any grammar checking.  And yuppers, auto-correct is the first thing gone on my phones.
Opera has had this for... quite a while, now. I think since at least back during IE 8 times or whatever. Almost want to say Opera had it before chrome was even a thing, but that's probably just my memory buggering up.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #105472 on: May 10, 2013, 01:05:28 pm »

I found out that those weird anime Daft Punk videos I'd seen a couple of are actually parts of a big movie. I really want to see it now.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #105473 on: May 10, 2013, 01:07:18 pm »

Opera has had this for... quite a while, now. I think since at least back during IE 8 times or whatever. Almost want to say Opera had it before chrome was even a thing, but that's probably just my memory buggering up.
i do think opera had it before chrome aswell.
i do like Opera.
but chrome has my gmail and shorcuts and youtube and whatnot synched with my google account so its synched with my phone and blablabla.
If it werent for those features and my android phone i would probably be using Opera still.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #105474 on: May 10, 2013, 01:36:54 pm »

And with screeching tires as he rounds away from the dorm, my roommate is moved out and in a few hours I will be too.

THE KING IS DEAD, LONG LIVE THE KING
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105475 on: May 10, 2013, 01:38:36 pm »

Wooooo!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105476 on: May 10, 2013, 01:59:52 pm »

I found out that those weird anime Daft Punk videos I'd seen a couple of are actually parts of a big movie. I really want to see it now.
Interstella 5555?
Yeah, it's on the YouTubes if you want.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #105477 on: May 10, 2013, 03:06:17 pm »

Interstella 5555?
Yeah, it's on the YouTubes if you want.
Now I miss the weekly Saturday i5555 showing on Toonami Aftermath. Good times.

Actually, it's more like they would both be "it's" and so one of them had to change.

Also, no possessive pronouns have apostrophes in them. My/mine your/yours his her/hers its their/theirs.

Yeah, I misspoke. I should have been clearer; I meant in the context of possessive pronouns versus the possessive form of proper nouns, as in "Bob's car" meaning "The car belonging to Bob." rather than "Bob is car." Then, of course, you run into that form also being used for is-contractions with the same proper nouns, though that tends to be more of a style choice than a grammatical rule.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #105478 on: May 10, 2013, 03:53:50 pm »

Because abbreviations. It's its own rule, since its existence was clearly defined from things like in't.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105479 on: May 10, 2013, 03:56:22 pm »

Doing somewhat better.  I reviewed close to half of the math we've learned this semester for my exam on Tuesday, which is pretty good.  I'm going to have to keep working on it tonight, but I should be in good shape by exam-day.

Phew.  Thank goodness.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 7030 7031 [7032] 7033 7034 ... 13312