Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7159 7160 [7161] 7162 7163 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14527984 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #107400 on: June 12, 2013, 08:33:53 am »

Or 4chan trolling.
Within the same minute, not possible without hive mind. It's the first known example of bots used to slide threads, shilling [10cents per post] has already been confirmed. This is next level.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #107401 on: June 12, 2013, 09:06:31 am »

We have to find a way to weaponize them. Imagine 100,000 bots shilling in favor of gay marriage.

ROBOT RAINBOW!

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #107402 on: June 12, 2013, 09:09:54 am »

Did someone say Robot Rainbow?

On-Topicness: An excuse to use this image made me happy.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #107403 on: June 12, 2013, 09:10:30 am »

Math exam went well. Yay for finding the answer to 7-point questions last-minute! (and then spending 5 minutes writing it down.) One exam down, 7 more to go.

Also, we'll be using Linux in ICT lessons next year, I have no idea why this makes me happy. (Ubuntu 12, if you're curious.)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107404 on: June 12, 2013, 09:41:14 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Shillbots have been confirmed for the first time
History

Wow. So, spambots designed to shift discussions away from dissentious topics? That's kinda gross.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107405 on: June 12, 2013, 10:19:11 am »

Also, we'll be using Linux in ICT lessons next year, I have no idea why this makes me happy. (Ubuntu 12, if you're curious.)
Why not Mint? Or [insert distro here].
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #107406 on: June 12, 2013, 10:26:04 am »

This always cracks me up about the Linux community.

Person: "I'm switching to Linux!"
Community: "Yay!"
Person: "Yeah, I'm going with [distro]."
Community: "WHAT?? That blows goats, you should use [insert instant flame war as the community reverts to warring distro tribes]"

I'm surprised the GPL hasn't splintered into the General Public License, the Public General License, and the License for the General Public. (splitter!)

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107407 on: June 12, 2013, 10:35:34 am »

This always cracks me up about the Linux community.

Person: "I'm switching to Linux!"
Community: "Yay!"
Person: "Yeah, I'm going with [distro]."
Community: "WHAT?? That blows goats, you should use [insert instant flame war as the community reverts to warring distro tribes]"

I'm surprised the GPL hasn't splintered into the General Public License, the Public General License, and the License for the General Public. (splitter!)
There are some distros that are generally agreed upon, though. For instance if you're doing anything with security you probably want Backtrack.

The fanboy mentality arrises partly because there's enough variety that you can find one you just love and partly because linux tends to attract people who get a bit obsessive about things. There are plenty of other causes, though.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107408 on: June 12, 2013, 10:37:24 am »

The license probably hasn't splintered because theres not enough interest in keeping track of three different versions of the same legalese.
Also Mint is ubuntu with a better gui.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107409 on: June 12, 2013, 10:59:03 am »

The license probably hasn't splintered because theres not enough interest in keeping track of three different versions of the same legalese.

Actually there is a splintering of the licenses. There's the GPL, LGPL GMGPL, AGPL, and thats just the GNU GPL based ones.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_free_software_licenses

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #107410 on: June 12, 2013, 11:15:40 am »

I don't know much about Linux distros, but I'm pretty sure we're using Ubuntu because, and again, I don't know much about Linux distros, it seems to be generally agreed upon as the most "general" or "easy" distro.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107411 on: June 12, 2013, 11:23:52 am »

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107412 on: June 12, 2013, 11:27:45 am »

I don't know much about Linux distros, but I'm pretty sure we're using Ubuntu because, and again, I don't know much about Linux distros, it seems to be generally agreed upon as the most "general" or "easy" distro.

Yes it is. Well, mostly. You will hear some argument on that from the openSUSE, Mint, and Puppy camps.

Unless you count Sugar on a Stick. But that's designed with children in mind.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #107413 on: June 12, 2013, 11:31:09 am »

Actually there is a splintering of the licenses. There's the GPL, LGPL GMGPL, AGPL, and thats just the GNU GPL based ones.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_free_software_licenses
Ah. Life imitates satire imitates life.

I still think that Life of Brian is one of the greatest works of satire ever written. Because it's just so fucking spot-on on so many levels.

Brian: Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't need to follow me. You don't need to follow anybody! You've got to think for yourselves! You're all individuals!
Crowd: [in unison] Yes! We're all individuals!
Brian: You're all different!
Crowd: [in unison] Yes, we are all different!
Man in crowd: I'm not...
Crowd: Shhh!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
Pages: 1 ... 7159 7160 [7161] 7162 7163 ... 13311